Michigan hackers, check in here

I would like to, but I'm not sure I can swing it with work. But I'm still holding out hope to get there. When does he have to know by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know for certain, but I know Mike is subscribed to that thread, so if you posted in there he would answer.

I did, I am currently on the 14th hole

I did, I am currently on the 14th hole

Fun little hole there. You're in my neck of the woods and I'm in yours (Norton Shores)

Fun little hole there. You're in my neck of the woods and I'm in yours (Norton Shores)

Ya, I'll be here all summer, and Grand Rapids on the weekends.

Free golf at The Golf Course at Mt. Brighton in Brighton, MI for anyone that wants it.

No really, I mean it.

Due to the rain, our round was cut short. They gave us vouchers for 3 9-hole rounds there. Problem is that it's not really close to any of us so I am putting these up for "first come, first serve" taking. The staff there said these could be used however you want, combined or separate. These are good for the next 12 months there.

The course was an interesting course, definitely not flat and definitely not a "bomb and gouge" kind of course. I liked it.

If you want these, PM me with your mailing address and I will send them to you.

Bumping this. Otherwise I will send it to CJ and everyone will be responsible for the results of that...

Bumping this. Otherwise I will send it to CJ and everyone will be responsible for the results of that...

I can take them but only on the condition that you give them to me in person during a round of golf.

I can take them but only on the condition that you give them to me in person during a round of golf.

See what we can do. The problem is that I'm not sure our schedules will be compatible. I can only play weekend afternoon/evenings and that's when you're back home seeing your family.

See what we can do. The problem is that I'm not sure our schedules will be compatible. I can only play weekend afternoon/evenings and that's when you're back home seeing your family.

I see, well we will see if we can work something out, even if it's just meeting at the range.

Hey, just joined THP and living in western Wayne county. Just wanted to say hi and would be interested in getting some course recommendations as I'm new to the area. Thanks everyone!

Hey, just joined THP and living in western Wayne county. Just wanted to say hi and would be interested in getting some course recommendations as I'm new to the area. Thanks everyone!

Most of the Detroit members are at the Pittsburgh invitational today but i am sure they will respond with ideas. I live an hour south but am not a native so I don't have knowledge outside of the local area here.

You said western Wayne county, right? I don't play Wayne county very often but if you don't mind a drive to Wixom, I just played Lyon Oaks, an Oakland County Park, last weekend and it was in very good condition. They have deals from time to time and I only paid $25 with a cart through groupgolfer. Sometimes they show up in online deals. I've heard that the Woodlands are nice and relatively close to you.

Good luck!

You said western Wayne county, right? I don't play Wayne county very often but if you don't mind a drive to Wixom, I just played Lyon Oaks, an Oakland County Park, last weekend and it was in very good condition. They have deals from time to time and I only paid $25 with a cart through groupgolfer. Sometimes they show up in online deals. I've heard that the Woodlands are nice and relatively close to you.

Good luck!

I'm in Canton, so I've got plenty of options close by in Plymouth, Ypsilanti/AA, etc. I'll have to check out the Woodlands, don't think I've heard of that one yet. Wouldn't mind making the drive up to Wixom sometime.

I'm in Canton, so I've got plenty of options close by in Plymouth, Ypsilanti/AA, etc. I'll have to check out the Woodlands, don't think I've heard of that one yet. Wouldn't mind making the drive up to Wixom sometime.

I used to live in Canton, there are a lot of great options there. I am also now working in Canton, so if you ever want to get together for a round of golf after work let me know.

I used to live in Canton, there are a lot of great options there. I am also now working in Canton, so if you ever want to get together for a round of golf after work let me know.

Thanks jspangs. I may take you up on that offer sometime in the near future...

Thanks jspangs. I may take you up on that offer sometime in the near future...

Yep anytime, there are a lot of good courses in the area.

Anyone up for some golf this evening in the Detroit area

oh dont tempt me....

I am going on vacation next week. We are spending most of it in Ohio, at my wife's family's lake house. However, on Saturday the 27th we will be in West Branch MI (wife's home town), and I am going to play "The Dream". Is there anyone who has been there that has any info? I'll likely be by myself, unfortunately. I was going with my brother-in-law, but the date changed.

I am going on vacation next week. We are spending most of it in Ohio, at my wife's family's lake house. However, on Saturday the 27th we will be in West Branch MI (wife's home town), and I am going to play "The Dream". Is there anyone who has been there that has any info? I'll likely be by myself, unfortunately. I was going with my brother-in-law, but the date changed.

The dream is a very good course, that is always in very good shape.
Enjoy your round.

The Dream is a great course! One of my favorites up there. They have a sister course across the street called The Nightmare, which I actually like a little better. Its been a few years since I have played but from what I recall the course was in fantastic shape. Is fairly open off the tee and best of all you can bring your own beverages. They don't or didn't have a liquor license so you can BYOB and they will even fill your cooler with ice!

Thanks, the way my driver has been behaving lately open is good.

If any one wants I am trying to find one more person for a 4 man scramble this Saturday in kawkawlin Michigan at maple leaf golf course. Cost if $65 and it includes 18 holes with carts, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and prizes. Some of the prizes seem pretty good, a compound bow, a 50" tv, and a hole that if you hole in one you win $10,000, just to name a few. We had a guy drop out last minute. Please PM me ASAP if interested.

Edit: the team as it stands is Rickacor, Jrex1434, and myself.
Double Edit: We need to be there by 7am for registration. And it is an all day event.

Last edited:
Back