Do you get bored repeating the same course ?

I love playing the same course over and over.

I dont, my home course will play very different from on day to the other because of the pi placements, some multi tiered greens, and most of the greens will be approached very differently on a pin on the right versus on the left, so thats good. still, I cant wait to play olde stonewall

I know I would get bored with the same course. Out of 29 rounds I have played this year, 20 have been at different courses. All except one in the Los Angeles area. I do have a local course and that's where the other 9 come in but I prefer to play all over. My "home" course is actually rated higher than most of the courses I have played this year and I usually shoot between 85-90 there. But I have rounds as high as 110 at unfamiliar courses.

I like the challenge of playing different courses. Figuring out the greens and breaks in the morning warm up. If I only had one course to play primarily I would get bored fast.

Having played about half of my rounds the last couple years at one course, I've never felt bored. It's a nice layout, not long (especially the par 3's which some may get bored with) but challenging. Plenty of elevation change, some links style, some parkland. Some forced carries over water. Depending on the tee box, wind and course conditions, a couple of the par 4's can be drivable. The wind is usually crossing or headwind to most of the back 9.

It can be a lot of fun.

I'm not good enough to consider i've conquered the course, so i keep going back. Someday i might learn and stop hitting shots into certain areas etc..

I like variety - so honestly I rarely play the same course twice in consecutive weeks.

Of course, I don't think I would get too bored playing one a lot, cause I seem to find new corners of my regular courses every time I play them!! :p

I am so new to this game, so I have not gotten the time to get bored with my home course yet, and I am not sure that I will either....however I like ot play other courses once in a while as well

I don't because I play with so many different people and we mix it up tee wise as well. Everyday is a new day.

Only if I don't like the course.
Perfectly said for me. I've been in a Thursday night league at the same course since 2005, and when people ask me where I want to play, my answer is usually "anywhere but there...."

It has nothing to do with being bored, and everything to do with that course and my game just don't match up--and I'm sick of losing golf balls 5 feet off the fairway or over the green.

Nope, I love repitition, it never plays the same and every lie is unique.

I don't get bored per se, but the holes can get too comfortable.
That is why I am glad to have 2 courses within a mile of my house and many more within 15 miles.

I do get bored playing the same course over and over again. I like to play a bunch of different courses.

Edit: to elaborate a bit more. I do play around half my rounds each year at my home club. I'm ok with playing a stretch of 3 or 4 rounds in the same course, but I like to mix it up with other courses here and there

Last edited:
I've often wondered if I ever wanted to join a private course for this very reason. I always wondered if I would get bored. I think I would. Currently I play a bunch of different courses, but I definitely have a few that are my go to courses. Especially if I do t have a tee time. I guess sometime in a future I should try it out for a year and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get super bored probably played 10+ courses already this year Northeastern Ohio has a lot of golf believe it or not. About 25 courses in my county alone.

What I wouldn't give to be able to be bored playing the same golf course this summer. Glorious weather I'm missing.

A year ago I would have said yes to the OP question, but I'm starting to appreciate the quirks of my "home course" and I'm starting to think that a membership might be a good idea.

I wouldn't say bored..... I would say I get too comfortable. Playing the same course over and over (when I had membership I would play 60-80 rounds a year at the same course), I would have stretches where my play would be a lot less focused because I could get away with it because I knew the course.

It got to the point where if I hit a bad drive, I knew exactly where to go to find it. Extra long first putt? No problem, you've hit the same putt so many times you know the speed.

Playing over and over again had one major result though. It dropped my handicap from a 28 to a 9.8 within 2.5 years. This was a good thing and a bad thing. I loved saying my cap was ____. The bad thing was, and still is, that I don't have a true travelling handicap (I am working in it), but my old 9.8 on the home course probably ends up being a true 12-14 cap playing "away" courses.

I don't at all. I love to play period. I do like to get to different courses, but if I play the same one several times in a row I definitely don't get bored.

I love golfing enough that no course is ever boring, however I get what you're asking, and I do agree that playing the same course gets a little 'boring' for lack of a better term.

Part of what makes golf so unique, is the amazing geographical setting it's played in. How, from one course to another they can just take your breat away with nothing but the scenery that surrounds you.

Aside from price, that's one reason I don't see myself signing up for a membership. Maybe I change my mind on that down the road, but I like choosing bw different courses.

However, with that said, my first yr plus of golf, I played 90% of my golf at the same crappy course. Enjoyed every moment of it too.

I considered this when I joined a course. I didn't play there enough last year to make it worthwhile because I like playing a variety of courses, but I'm doing a better job this year and still enjoy it. I often play some holes the same way, but just not from the fairway. It's from that bunker (on #7) or dropping from that hazard (on #6) or hitting 3 off the tee (also on #7..there's the variety!) because my first shot was on the wrong side of the fence...

Fwiw I would like to add something and it has to do with a small role walking vs riding places on this topic. I walk (with a push cart) and one of my county courses (contains two sister courses) are both a pretty tuff walk. Holes have some large distance between them and hilly too. I can get to be a bit daunting task. They are about at the maximum distance and slopes that I would walk. Any further at all and I probably wouldn't play them without a cart and since that is an added expense I would probably not play them much at all. But anyway, the point is that (due to the somewhat daunting walk involved) when played a few times in a row that in itself just gets monotonous and you simply want to get a break from that and need the change.

I have no problem playing the same course over and over but I do enjoy going to different courses just to mix it up, me and my buddies try to play 2-3 new course a year and for some reason I always shoot decent at these newly played courses (82-87) then my playing partners.

Simple answer, no. In fact I miss my former home course and still play it as often as I can get to Denver. I played it regularly from the early 80's until we moved out of the US in 2012 (I actually played it the first time in 1975). In all of those rounds I never played the same course twice. I've shot from 104 (with a 10 handicap) to 73 (with a 16 handicap) on that course, and the 73 came 3 years before the 104. I made both of my aces on that course, one on a hole that no longer exists because of a redesign. I played the course from when it was a low budget below average muni, and watched it grow into a mature course that's fun to play. I made a lot of friends on that course, played tournaments there for 22 years, worked there part time as a starter for the first 5 years after I retired.

I'm planning on playing in a couple of weeks as a guest in the men's club Member Guest there. It will probably always be my favorite course, just because of the memories.

This doesn't mean that I played one course exclusively but it was where more than 90% of my golf was played.

No. In fact after playing other courses, I find returning to my regular course is like "coming home." I play about 100 rounds a year on it. Its 5 minutes from home, and although it is not the nicest course, nor the most challenging, it provides enough variety that every club can be utilized during a round. It will not "beat you up," nor exhaust you.

Back