Any softball players here?

Have a scrim with another team Friday night. Got a feeling I may be a little sore on Saturday. Legs are not exactly in sprint mode yet

Played for 25 years.....ASA "A" National Championships early 80"s....Never won but were lucky enough to qualify and play in 3 times....Played tournament every weekend from 1975 thru 1995....

Walked away from the game when my son started playing little league baseball and I became a coach.

Crazy thing...I always thought that I would miss the game when I stopped playing....Never even missed a little...As much as I loved playing softball I found it really weird that I walked away and never missed it...

Have fun playing guys.....I have enough memories from playing to last a lifetime!!!!!!!!!

Edit..wrong thread and back to studying.

Last edited:
Looking forward to our season starting back up here in Wisconsin. I have an old flat-sticker Freak 98 that I've been swinging for years that is absolutely amazing (but getting more and more difficult to read the logo). It's nice to get out and run around a little while the weather is nice.

First coed game tonight with Tera...excited.

D Open started last night and third league starts next Monday I believe. Hello summer!

Tera did awesome at the plate and first base. Nobody held back throwing to her and she got every one of them. 3 ITPH's for me...a bit tired.

Tera did awesome at the plate and first base. Nobody held back throwing to her and she got every one of them. 3 ITPH's for me...a bit tired.
Haha had your old butt running lol

We have had too many rainouts to count. Should have played 12 games so far, have only played 4. Frustrating

Rain has been cancelling our games down here, as well. The last 3 weeks have been cancelled, but hopefully we'll be out there tomorrow night.

Subbed in robs league tonight. Wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be for not playing in 2 years. 1 for 3 the first game and 2 for 3 the 2nd with an rbi in each.

We've been practicing twice a week for the last three weeks. Season finally starts next week. Got my bottle of Absorbine Horse ligament gel ready on the night stand.

Have been rained out a lot lately and now will be missing a few games due to travel through the end of June.

Played this week in two of the three leagues and got our butts kicked. Did manage 7/9 at the plate with 1 out and 3 ITP trips around the bases in those games.

Best part is no additional damage to the face from line drive grounders...so thats a plus.

Played a team tonight and their short stop who is damn good made sick dive behind second base and threw me out from his knees to end the game. Same kid (hes 21) laid out for one in the left center gap last year to make a diving catch from me again to end the game. Dude can flat out glove it.

Joining the work leauge for charity to support a child with brain cancer. Now time to find cleats and glove.

Got our butts handed to us in the first game last week, lost a close one 6-5 two days later. Had one game this week, tonight, we won 18-6. Bat has started off good, 9/11 and my knee hasn't fallen out yet. Moved from 1st to center this year, picked up a big dude that can't run well so he went to first. Actually having more fun in the OF than playing 1st anyways, though I love me some 1st base.

Best part about tonight's game was a small group of little leaguers that I coach showed up to see what "old coach can do."

We won one and lost one last weekend. Hit 3 home runs in the 2 games. I'm swinging it well this season

More defense than offense last game. Travel is getting in the way of softball and golf...boo. Highlight was first inning. Liner to me at short playing deep...guy thought he was fast enough to get there...BOOM...arm is old but still has some rocket fuel. Take a seat young man.

Next guy drops one over 2nd for a single. 3rd guy up lines one towards my side of second...scoop it up...tag 2 and fire to 1...double sit your arse down...lets go bat. We won as well so good night in our open league.

We have had 9 weeks of scheduled games.. We have played 4 weeks. So annoying. They have 4 games scheduled for us Sunday, but with Branson I will only be at the second two of them

We have had 9 weeks of scheduled games.. We have played 4 weeks. So annoying. They have 4 games scheduled for us Sunday, but with Branson I will only be at the second two of them
THP golf wins every time...good call

I had the walk off hit tonight in a great battle that could have gone either way. We play again Wednesday, if we win we make it to the championship game!

Championship game for summer league is Thursday. We are the top seed and if we win we are getting bumped from our middle league to the uppers. Our team is so fun right now, our defense is ridiculous and we score twice as much as we get scored on.

Best part is the bat that I bought at the start of the season has proven to be a winner. Half the team uses it and she has some serious pop!

We won one league and last place in another. Guess which one was the open league...ha.

Fall has started...no more open league. Man those teams were young.

Fall season starts tonight. We ended up destroying in our championship game, played our best game of the season and just curb stomped the other team.

Back