If it had gone to a playoff, who wins it?

hjimzaf

I beat the Razr Challenge
Reaction score
Handicap
I think Jordan in a close one.

DJ by two shots

Spieth wins everything until he proves he is human.

Mike Davis???? JK

I think Jordan wins

I would have bet on Jordan.

I'd have to go Spieth. Playoff is abotu as pressure filled as it gets, and Jordan has proved he can deal with that, whereas DJ has not.

That is a GREAT question. At this point it's not just about playing your best golf, it's about playing better than the guy beside you.

I honestly don't know. Maybe Jordan with the 'hit first into every green' scenario, or his great putting? Maybe DJ by sheer distance and shorter shots into each green?

My take is that Chambers Bay was as much about mental toughness as any course I have ever seen the pros play. Right now I don't see anyone tougher than Jordon Spieth.

I'd go with DJ, more experience in playoffs

Talk was if there was a playoff to play it Monday, which made no sense as it would have been enough time to play atleast 5 playoff holes. Either way Dustin would have come out on top then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a playoff, I think DJ takes it, because of the constant pressure that his drives would put on Jordan. And that, overnight, Jordan would be kicking himself about the double on 17.

Talk was if there was a playoff to play it Monday, which made no sense as it would have been enough time to play atleast 5 playoff holes. Either way Dustin would have come out on top then

18 hole playoff means next day instead of starting on Sunday and ending Monday.

Jordan's putting and play under pressure is phenomenal, but DJ's distance is just mind blowing and gives him a huge advantage over Jordan.

It's honestly a huge toss up, but I'd think that DJ would have pulled it out. And the only reason I say that is because I feel so bad for him for 3-putting the final hole.

U.S. Open is always a full 18 the next day. Jordan's ability to quickly recover after a bad shot or hole would've been crucial in a playoff.

I would think Jordan pulls it out. At that point he's playing with house money bc he let the field back in with the double on 17.

DJ would be confident, expect him to hit fairways, but the short putts would be the difference IMO

Personally I think Speith was going to win either way.

The man with the lowest score.

Jk. I really don't know, both are amazing golfers and think it would just come down to the wire again.

My money is still on Jordan. DJ always chokes in majors.

US Open does an 18 hole playoff. See Tiger's last win @ Torrey over Rocco (which I think actually went 19 holes).

As far as who would have won.. tough to argue with Spieth. Johnson played great, and I think Tee to Green played the best all week, but as we saw if you can't get the ball in the hole on those greens you can't win it.

I am really glad it didn't go to a playoff, I was really busy at work yesterday and wouldn't have gotten anything done.

I am really glad it didn't go to a playoff, I was really busy at work yesterday and wouldn't have gotten anything done.
I had taken yesterday off, so I was really pulling for a playoff. I could have down with another day of watching those two battle it out.

But did Jordan have a 5th outfit? #HollyNeedsToKnow LOL

SaA

Idk its hard to say. I want to say Spieth but DJ would of been stoked coming off that putt so who knows. Too bad we didnt get to see it

Yeah I'd think Jordan would pull it out. The same reason DJ 3 putted from 12 feet is the reason he'd come up short.

US Open does an 18 hole playoff. See Tiger's last win @ Torrey over Rocco (which I think actually went 19 holes).

As far as who would have won.. tough to argue with Spieth. Johnson played great, and I think Tee to Green played the best all week, but as we saw if you can't get the ball in the hole on those greens you can't win it.

Ah gotcha, that makes more sense. DJ would win for sure in that case

I see Jordan winning that one. DJ has some issues that he will have to overcome that I could see effecting him a playoff with Jordan. Never mind the putting, which everyone knows is horrific, but rather how handles the pressure. DJ seems to buckle when he has a chance at a major, his track records proves it. 2010 US Open is a clear indicator on how he handles pressure. The one time I have seen him really overcome that is at Whistling Straits. Unfortunately for him he got hit with a penalty that many will probably debate was kind of bogus.

Back