If I remember correctly, they still play games there right? Kinda like an old time league. I could be way off with that tho.

I think they do. I haven't been there in 7 or 8 years. Not sure if it's still a dispute, but the 2 neighbors who co-own the property were feuding pretty badly. There are 2 separate driveways to get in, the one you see in the movie, and another one that is about 5 feet away from it. Kind of bizarre. Each side has a gift shop. Got a really cool coffee mug that is the cornstalks when cold, and when coffee gets in the cup you see the ball players come out of the cornstalks.

Wait, you came to Iowa?

Wait, you came to Iowa?

a couple of times. Sadly it was before THP was around. Wish it was back then, because I used to travel with my clubs because my job on that project was with Yankee Candle stores which meant I worked early AM before stores opened and late after they closed. Had one trip I started in Lincoln, NE, hit Omaha, and then a stop or 2 in Iowa and flew back home from Chicago. Besides, you would have ditched me.

Our relationship gets stronger with every day that passes.

Yup, Field of Dreams is a classic

One of my all time favorites.

Just saw it on some channel a couple weeks ago and watched it again.

Just a terrific movie and so well done.

Oddly enough I had never heard the term "wanna have a catch" until the movie.

For us it was always "wanna play catch"

I love the "have a catch" so much better.

Yea, same here with the 'Have a catch" thing Rob. TBH, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but hey, I don't make sense to a lot of people.

Field of Dreams is right there with my favorite movies ever, not just sports movies. I thought James Earl Jones was great, and the whole "finger is a gun" thing still makes me laugh when I watch it! I played baseball into jc, and my dad coached me through many of my little league years. He is still alive, but at 84, I cherish every day he is still here. We talk baseball all the time - and out of 3 sons and a daughter, I am the only one who took to baseball, so it's kind of a special bond we have.

How nice was it? Was it exactly what the movie makes it look like?

Here are some pics

100_0689_zpsdpbcd4ec.jpg

100_0693_zpsciheejva.jpg

100_0694_zpsffrva4oq.jpg

100_0683_zpsuvu4pvzm.jpg

100_0680_zpsrwski7nr.jpg

That's cool dean

Here are some pics

100_0689_zpsdpbcd4ec.jpg

100_0693_zpsciheejva.jpg

100_0694_zpsffrva4oq.jpg

100_0683_zpsuvu4pvzm.jpg

100_0680_zpsrwski7nr.jpg
Not sure why I never got a notification but thanks for sharing the pictures Dean. Place looks great. I'd love to take infield there!

Awesome pics. I think I'd only want to visit when the corn was tall so I could walk out of it. I might have to add this to my list of places to take my son when he gets older.

Awesome pics. I think I'd only want to visit when the corn was tall so I could walk out of it. I might have to add this to my list of places to take my son when he gets older.

that was the only bummer. When I was there and getting ready to leave a dad and his son were out playing catch. That had to be cool.

that was the only bummer. When I was there and getting ready to leave a dad and his son were out playing catch. That had to be cool.

Definitely.

would love to umpire a game there and drop my classic....HHHIIIIKKKEEEE TTTTHHHHRRRREEEE, called third strike looking

Back