Top 3 Greatest Feeling Irons You've Ever Hit

1. MP-14
2. MacGregor VIP CB92

Nothing else has ever been close in my opinion.

I've barely owned more than three sets of irons in my life. Tend to keep them for a long time. Tell you what's not in my top 3, RocketBladez Tour. Dang those were harsh to me. Could be I never hit the sweet spot.

Top 3 is easy. In no particular order:
PING i20
Callaway X Forged (2013)
Taylormade TP MC (2011)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on my third set in 35+ years...so based on that:

- Callaway Razr X MB (It's really close - but I'm starting to like the firm feel of the Project X's)
- Ram Tour Grinds
- Tommy Armour 855s

In some order,
Titleist 714 AP2
Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Srixon 545

Changing the third one on this list to Srixon 945. Sorry 545, 945's feel better than you.

I'm on my third set in 35+ years...so based on that:

- Callaway Razr X MB (It's really close - but I'm starting to like the firm feel of the Project X's)
- Ram Tour Grinds
- Tommy Armour 855s

The Cally Razr MB'a were a close runner up for me as were the PING s56

I had a set of TM RAC irons in '06, '07 that felt awesome. Even though the meaning of RAC - relative amplitude coefficient still has me completely confused!

MP 68
Original DCI's
Ram tour grind (the old school blades)

Bridgestone J40 CB, Callaway Apex Pro, Mizuno MP-33 are my top 3 for now.

I think some people have forgotten about the cleveland original 588 line man those felt amazing

I think some people have forgotten about the cleveland original 588 line man those felt amazing

I regret not getting them when i had the chance.. I did the right thing at the time, but man, they are beautiful irons.

I have to add Mizuno MP15 ti muscle to my list now.

1) MP 54
2) MP H5
3) Cleveland CG Black CB

I put a set of Adams a4 tours with DG Pro R300s in play today and man they felt soooo nice! It was my first time gaming a "better players" iron and I shot my best score of the year. They were so accurate and felt great! I'm in love!

1) Titleist 712 MB
2) Cobra Fly-Z+
3) TaylorMade SpeedBlade

I've hit some of the recent forged Mizunos, Titleists and even owned a set of the Wilson Staff FG V2s for a while. They all felt okay and very similar. But the best feeling clubs by far (and "by far" I mean... not even close) that I have ever hit are the Hogan Apex Plus irons that I still play. I have not hit the Mizuno MP-15s yet, but hope to very soon. I have a perpetual search on eBay for the right set of J-40s but haven't found one that has compelled me to buy yet. The only reason I am even considering upgrading clubs is to try something with no offset (The Hogans have a little), but based on feel, so far, they are unmatched.

So for me it's

1. Ben Hogan Apex Plus

2. Everybody else

Last edited:
I had a set of 1983 hogans that were very sweet feeling and long on the rare occasion that I hit them perfectly.

I've hit some of the recent Mizunos, Titleists and even owned a set of the Wilson Staff FG V2s for a while. They all felt okay and very similar. But the best feeling clubs by far that I have ever hit are the Hogan Apex Plus irons that I still play. I have not hit the Mizuno MP-15s yet, but hope to very soon. I have a perpetual search on eBay for the right set of J-40s but haven't found one that has compelled me to buy yet.

I have a set of the same hogans. They are a nice feeling iron for sure.

I can make any club feel like crap.

Any forged blade just gives you that sensation that no other club can give.
Titleist 710mb
Maxfli Australian Blades
Ben hogan Apex

1. Callaway Apex
2. Mizuno MP-58 (amazing but unforgiving)
3. Callaway Diablo Forged (until the APEX came out)

Was always Mizuno till Callaway figured out forged

Best feeling irons I have hit:

1. Adams CB3
2. Nike Covert Forged
3. Cobra Bio Cell

Curious if anyone would change their position now after 8 or so months?

As an update for myself, I'm looking at buying a set of blades or mbs with the decision based solely on feel. Performance/forgiveness has zero bearing on the decision. Not because I think I can truly game them - I can't - but just to play every so often. I liken it to getting a classic car. You don't drive a classic car because it is the best car for you, your family, or your commute. You buy a classic car just for the fun and enjoyment. So I'm going to buy a set of blades or mbs that are above my pay grade. And I'm going to enjoy the hell out of every stinging miss because every blue moon, I'll pure one...

Back