AT&T National Day 4 [spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason TGC abandoned an incredible Euro Tour finish to show the AT&T early (TW ratings), but THP still has our staff reporter on site today and we look forward to his updates.

Can Rose hold on and continue to putt lights out with the Ghost?

Woods is 14 back or so and just drove it into the concession stand

Will someone make a run and move up?

Sort of unrelated, but I'm totally ticked off that they cut off the Euro Tour right at the start of the playoff.
I'm so glad Jimenez won, but I would have loved to actually see it.

Someone's gonna have to take some chances. I was surprised nobody was hit by Tiger. He must be running low on gloves. I'm sure Rose will try to play it safe with the 4 stroke buffer till someone challenges him.

• Admin
Sort of unrelated, but I'm totally ticked off that they cut off the Euro Tour right at the start of the playoff.
I'm so glad Jimenez won, but I would have loved to actually see it.

ABSOLUTELY! It was a ratings thing for TGC. By cutting over, they get to show a rare Sunday TW on TGC because he was a morning golfer this morning. But most in the media agree with you on this one.

i think ol rose will pull it out today. i think he has that ghost putter working pretty good for him.

tiger just looks beat and wore out. not looking good at all on the greens.

:popcorn:

For some reason TGC abandoned an incredible Euro Tour finish to show the AT&T early (TW ratings), but THP still has our staff reporter on site today and we look forward to his updates.

Can Rose hold on and continue to putt lights out with the Ghost?

Woods is 14 back or so and just drove it into the concession stand

Will someone make a run and move up?

love the American flag flagsticks!

So is this the new Tiger? Average to a little above average tour player? I think Rose pull this one out and if he does he will have his short game to thank.

he isnt very consistent at all thats for sure. one round he is fist pumping next round he is throwing a club. or one hole puts together 3 shots for birdie next hole he hits a drive 40 yards off the fairway and ends up with a bogey or worse..

Hello all, how goes it. Tiger needed to take a bit longer break I think. Just got too much going on in his head

So is this the new Tiger? Average to a little above average tour player? I think Rose pull this one out and if he does he will have his short game to thank.

Not sure. I expected him to be back at this point and actually picked him to win this tournament.

Hello all, how goes it. Tiger needed to take a bit longer break I think. Just got too much going on in his head

At least then he would have had the rust excuse a little longer. haha
Im on the opposite spectrum. I think he needs to get a swing coach already and get to work. Perhaps Haney's words were a little accurate. Since the YE Yang loss, it has not been the same guy out there.

I think confidence is a huge problem for him now... Tiger in the glory days oozed confidence. In some ways he is like a rookie all over again and needs the breakthrough victory to jump start him.

The putting is what really surprises me. He used to be CLUTCH from inside 10ft and now they are all knee bangers

Do you think it's the swing? To me his putting has gotten cold. He's missing stuff he's never had problems with. Thats why I was thinking it is mental

Well lets see how ol Rosy does today

nice showing by Elkington

Do you think it's the swing? To me his putting has gotten cold. He's missing stuff he's never had problems with. Thats why I was thinking it is mental

I think its a combination of the two. He is the best putter ever inside of 10 feet and he is certainly not looking that way since his comeback. At the same time, it seems that on every tee box, more and more we are expecting the huge miss. Or waiting to see which TW is here.

But RX could be right as well. Confidence and ego play a huge roll in what these guys do. They are all great at this stage, but a certain something separates them and that is confidence and ego. For years if TW was ahead, it was over. Then YE Yang happened and then everything else after that and I think players look at him different.

But I think a good swing coach changes a lot of that for many players. Gets their swing right, gets their putting stroke right, and can even assist in getting their confidence right.

he has so much pressure on him to do good that i think he just cant handle it anymore and collapses. i mean everyone will always talk about his every round no matter if its good or bad. and i think all the pressure he is putting on himself to try to prove "he is back" is just killing him.

Rose escaped two bogies in a row there.

I'm thinking that this is the best dressed field that I've seen all week. Lots of clean, crisp looks out there. Great touch with the American flags on each green as well

It's amazing to see the size of the divots these guys take...they're like toupees!

What group are you walking with today TH?

I'm thinking that this is the best dressed field that I've seen all week. Lots of clean, crisp looks out there. Great touch with the American flags on each green as well

@thanks Which group are you following/hole are you camped out on today?

Back