What is an internet golfer?

Sounds as if internet golfers may have been fishermen in a past life.

Golf perspective:
Internet golfers swing 110+ mph, but never when anyone is around.
They shoot Low 80's at worst, but never when anyone is around.
Injuries and Swing Changes are the norm, whenever anyone is around.
They think their swing looks just like Hogan's, when it's not even close.

Equipment perspective:
Can't drive over 240 but insist on an X-Stiff shaft.
Blame their misses on clubs and switch all the time actually thinking it will change everything.
Struggle on the course but insist on using blades, and they make sure everyone know they use blades because they love the "feel".

Exaggerate abilities and game. Makes excuses when not playing well with other "A" players.

I'm not sure they really exist. All the alleged internet golfers I've run into turned out to be just golfers ... and that's not a bad thing.

Last edited:
Golf perspective:

Equipment perspective:
Blame their misses on clubs and switch all the time actually thinking it will change everything.
Struggle on the course but insist on using blades, and they make sure everyone know they use blades because they love the "feel".
You forgot, insist on forged because cast irons have trapped air bubbles that give them "jumpers". But swear by Vokeys

Equipment perspective:

X stiff shaft. Check
Blades. Check
? Check

Lol

When your swing is all the time.

Average drive: 290
Plays off a 2 handicap
Shot 74 his last round. Should have been a 66, but burned the edges a few times.

Shows up at an event/tournament and "just can't figure out what's wrong with his game today" and shoots 87.

This precisely

He was part of a THP Event called the Morgan Cup.
Each player received a 14 clubs deal, staff bag, scripting and more.
Tour level treatment for regular golfers...
This year has been very golf unfriendly to be honest. I so want to play one event with you guys. Not sure when, but when sounds better than maybe or never. Good stuff JB

And that idiot that's like a 13 handicap with a staff bag....or 3.

4013497f69e300c505f6a910af0a8a2c.jpg
That same guy who shows up at some huge event and gets a freakin ace in front of everyone and on camera. Like an internet boss!

OP - Post a video of you swinging, but don't ask for any critiques. That'll draw them in like flies.

OP - Post a video of you swinging, but don't ask for any critiques. That'll draw them in like flies.
Not here. No critiques. Just well meaning help. Especially from teaching profession

And that idiot that's like a 13 handicap with a staff bag....or 3.

4013497f69e300c505f6a910af0a8a2c.jpg

All of those bags are fantastic. Hard to pick a favorite.

A bogey golfer who is just a shaft change away from unlocking his game and making single digits. It's really the shaft's fault.

Of course. Too whippy.

He was part of a THP Event called the Morgan Cup.
Each player received a 14 clubs deal, staff bag, scripting and more.
Tour level treatment for regular golfers...

Bring it back! Bring it back! Please... Bring back the Morgan Cup!!!!

Bring it back! Bring it back! Please... Bring back the Morgan Cup!!!!

I think we are on to bigger and better things. The MC had its time, but THP doesn't ever sit still.

Golf perspective:

Equipment perspective:

Wait a second...you mean it won't? Then WHY did CPO have to have its summer sale? SMH :banghead:

I think we are on to bigger and better things. The MC had its time, but THP doesn't ever sit still.

While of course I know this is true, and was fortunate to be in #TheGrandaddy something about the MC always appealed as the signature event on THP. The meaning behind the MC, and the bonds of brotherhood it has formed is legendary!

While of course I know this is true, and was fortunate to be in #TheGrandaddy something about the MC always appealed as the signature event on THP. The meaning behind the MC, and the bonds of brotherhood it has formed is legendary!

#TheGrandaddy is the crown jewel dude, TRUST ME, you were in THE signature event on THP. I firmly believe that, I loved my time in the MC, but #TheGauntlet, #TheKing, and #TheGrandaddy, and even #Legacy have more than replaced it, they have upped the ante 100 times over.

We hit the irons like or better than Ben Hogan himself. We drive the ball longer and more efficient than DJ. We have touch on the greens like Ben Crenshaw. We chip and pitch like the late seve. No shot is offline/short or unacceptable by amateur standards. We are never wrong always right

rock on brothers and sisters

I am the opposite of all of these things.

I see the term often in threads referring to distance, accuracy, or score but there seem to be mixed definitions.

What is your definition of an internet golfer?

Hits his driver 300 yards, hits his 8I to 10 feet 80% of the time, makes 9 out of 10 putts from 5 to 10 feet, always repairs pitch marks and replaces divots.

To me, it is someone who greatly exaggerates their ability, knows more about shafts than a clubfitter, and has more knowledge of club design than 99% of the guys designing for OEMs.

Has either Proto/tour or limited throughout the bag, but has an excuse when you actually play with him as to why his 8.5* driver with XX stiff shaft is only getting it out there 230 total.

Or basically is a member of some other internet forums I have heard about.

Also, these guys have been around before the internet, when I first started playing there was a D bag at our local club that used to bet people he could outdrive them with their driver and him with his 6 Iron. One of my buddies called him on it and they went out and the guy hit it probably 170, not bad at all, but not the 200 plus he boasted about. Of course, his back hurt and he hadn't really loosened up etc.

My back was hurting that day

I played with him on Sunday, "I don't get it, I only had 27 putts here last week" ..yeah, on the front 9.

Back