Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

In case anyone wants to watch a little video with some cool people.

In stores august 17 they say. A 50/52 * s-grind would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya that was a pretty cool video

Callaway is the #2 wedge on the PGA Tour and #1 Wedge on the LPGA Tour. Interesting.

Callaway is the #2 wedge on the PGA Tour and #1 Wedge on the LPGA Tour. Interesting.

Who's number 1, titleist or Cleveland?

numbers? I'm surprised Callaway took over Cleveland then. Assuming Cleveland since Vokey passed them last year I believe.

Directly from Roger Cleveland's mouth in the MD3 video Mark Crossfield just published. No mention of numbers/who is #1 on PGA.

Lonk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3YwzU6fU5o

hmmm. Thanks for the Lonk:alien:

Why do I think it's more about # of staffers as opposed to people who aren't under contract playing them. Either way good for them. Wonder if that has helped translate in sales.

hmmm. Thanks for the Lonk:alien:

Why do I think it's more about # of staffers as opposed to people who aren't under contract playing them. Either way good for them. Wonder if that has helped translate in sales.

Oh I definitely think it's the latter.

Interesting about raising CG to increase spin. Fantastic concept for your highest lofted wedge and maybe second highest lofted wedge, but for me personally, I'm not sure I want more spin from 120-125 yards in my 50* wedge. I wonder whether they considered additional designs to combat that, or whether their excellent push to include the "AW" in some of their sets becomes more prevalent.

Interesting about raising CG to increase spin. Fantastic concept for your highest lofted wedge and maybe second highest lofted wedge, but for me personally, I'm not sure I want more spin from 120-125 yards in my 50* wedge. I wonder whether they considered additional designs to combat that, or whether their excellent push to include the "AW" in some of their sets becomes more prevalent.

I believe that's why they have progressive grooves. The smaller grooves as you go down in loft helps lower the spin numbers.

They said the lower lofted wedges have lower spinning grooves with these. In theory that should help keep the spin down

Me and jlukes think on the same wavelength a lot. Get out of my head haha

Maybe that is offset a bit by the different grooves in the lower lofts possibly?

Less spinny grooves and less mass behind the ball. Hmmm.. All great food for thought - Can't wait to hit them, personally. Very unlikely to dethrone a club as useful as the XR Pro AW in the 50 slot, but certainly an enjoyable concept to learn more about.

I had no idea until watching the video that their wedges were so prevalent on tour, whatever the reason.

I am very excited to try these out, particularly a 58 with the W grind.

54˚ with the W grind could be interesting.

54˚ with the W grind could be interesting.

Yea, that was has piqued my interest... I love my tour preferred atv wedges, but they aren't the best in the beach.

6cd04ffb298616c82a29853947065a82.jpg

a4c621e5a814edcab05fadd6209c6b16.jpg

That looks really good in hand. The toe looks higher than I was expecting.

I would really like to get a set of those in the bag. Love the face milling.

Really dig the look of those.

Wow does that look great

Callaway MD3 Wedges Preview

Callaway MD3 Wedges Preview

As much as I'm digging the black, I think I'll probably go satin with this one if possible

As much as I'm digging the black, I think I'll probably go satin with this one if possible

I'm surprised with how the satin looks in hand. But I'm still drooling over the black. The green just looks so good with it

Back