Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Hey guys I arrive into Chicago Thursday morning. I'm taking request for restaurant recommendations. We are eating dinner Saturday night at RPM Italian. Aside from that we have no restaurant plans. Please feel free to chime in on any and all recommendations. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you staying if you don't mind me asking? Downtown Chicago or a suburb outside the city? Help to give you ideas for restaurants.

Hey guys I arrive into Chicago Thursday morning. I'm taking request for restaurant recommendations. We are eating dinner Saturday night at RPM Italian. Aside from that we have no restaurant plans. Please feel free to chime in on any and all recommendations. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Thanks!

what are you looking for, cheap eats, fine dinning, something in between? Are you a foodie type or a meat and potatoes type?

Where are you staying if you don't mind me asking? Downtown Chicago or a suburb outside the city? Help to give you ideas for restaurants.

d9499924b271b8f1a153f91d9b70e67a.jpg

what are you looking for, cheap eats, fine dinning, something in between? Are you a foodie type or a meat and potatoes type?

I'm all about the local spots. Im ok with just about any type of food but I'll consider myself a foodie of sorts and love trying different things

d9499924b271b8f1a153f91d9b70e67a.jpg

I'm all about the local spots. Im ok with just about any type of food but I'll consider myself a foodie of sorts and love trying different things

Head to little goat for breakfast. Great upscale diner run by former top chef contestant Stephanie Izard

Not sure how long you're going to be in town, but check out Frontera and, if you can get in, Girl and the Goat.

Not sure how long you're going to be in town, but check out Frontera and, if you can get in, Girl and the Goat.

I get in Thursday morning and leave Monday morning

I get in Thursday morning and leave Monday morning

Girl in the goat is the same chef as the little goat. Great place. Hard to get reservations, but you can snipe a seat at the bar and order from the full menu.

Fronterra is a great rec, arguably some of the most informed regional mex food anywhere.
Avec is part of the Paul Kahan empire doesn't take resos and is small places and excellent but get there early.
My two most recent meals have been at Bohemian House, which was really good, laid back and not super expensive.
And at Momotaro which, if you like Asian flavors and appreciate some finesse, is really really good. It may be tough to get a reso on a weekend. They have a super strong sushi bar as well, they are bringing most of their fish in from Japan. I am a little biased on Momotaro as I worked with the chef for awhile but he is crazy good. I have eaten in two of his restaurants and they have been two of the best meals of my life.

My favorite inexpensive taco joint (Chicago has a million) is Las Pasaditia. Really good simple tacos.

I could keep going, if you think of something specific you are looking for or just have questions fire away. There are a lot of Chicago guys here with some local knowledge to share.

Fronterra is a great rec, arguably some of the most informed regional mex food anywhere.
Avec is part of the Paul Kahan empire doesn't take resos and is small places and excellent but get there early.
My two most recent meals have been at Bohemian House, which was really good, laid back and not super expensive.
And at Momotaro which, if you like Asian flavors and appreciate some finesse, is really really good. It may be tough to get a reso on a weekend. They have a super strong sushi bar as well, they are bringing most of their fish in from Japan. I am a little biased on Momotaro as I worked with the chef for awhile but he is crazy good. I have eaten in two of his restaurants and they have been two of the best meals of my life.

My favorite inexpensive taco joint (Chicago has a million) is Las Pasaditia. Really good simple tacos.

I could keep going, if you think of something specific you are looking for or just have questions fire away. There are a lot of Chicago guys here with some local knowledge to share.

Great info here!! Thanks a million! One of the guys I'm traveling with is the executive sous chef at Trump national Doral Miami. So I'm sure he's going to be quite the critic! As for me, I just want good food!!!

Great info here!! Thanks a million! One of the guys I'm traveling with is the executive sous chef at Trump national Doral Miami. So I'm sure he's going to be quite the critic! As for me, I just want good food!!!

Nice Sixteen at the Trump would be a great meal, expensive but if they knew your buddy worked at a TRUMP property I am sure they would roll out the red carpet.

Nice Sixteen at the Trump would be a great meal, expensive but if they knew your buddy worked at a TRUMP property I am sure they would roll out the red carpet.

Funny thing is is we actually reached out already over there and I think have one meal planned at the trump because of connections. We actually tried staying there but even with employee discount and the best available rate I still have to take out a second mortgage to stay there. So that's not happening but we're probably gonna take stop by anyways

Funny thing is is we actually reached out already over there and I think have one meal planned at the trump because of connections. We actually tried staying there but even with employee discount and the best available rate I still have to take out a second mortgage to stay there. So that's not happening but we're probably gonna take stop by anyways

are you guys playing golf?

are you guys playing golf?

I'm trying my hardest to go somewhere. It's me and my wife and her sister and her boyfriend!

This isn't a golf trip per say but if I can always sneak in a round I will.

I want to go to Chicago for the Wilson staff event. But it just so happens that that's my son's 4th birthday

I'm trying my hardest to go somewhere. It's me and my wife and her sister and her boyfriend!

This isn't a golf trip per say but if I can always sneak in a round I will.

I want to go to Chicago for the Wilson staff event. But it just so happens that that's my son's 4th birthday

Well at least you don't have to make the tough decision of which course to play...if you only get one...that can me a tough choice. Blessing in disguise. :alien:

Well at least you don't have to make the tough decision of which course to play...if you only get one...that can me a tough choice. Blessing in disguise. :alien:

Byron only talks about one course anyway.....so you wouldn't want tips from him...

I want to challenge for the Carlton Banks Trophies again soon, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Byron only talks about one course anyway.....so you wouldn't want tips from him...

I want to challenge for the Carlton Banks Trophies again soon, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The losing team has to challenge, you get to select the venue.... I have sat open this weekend. :arrogant: If that works for you I will check with the other two.

Ok so we got in yesterday, nothing crazy as we where pretty tired but I think this is going to be the extent of my golf outings this weekend..

3991018cd6ac9431e64ff0d3117f1daf.jpg

Where are you guys playing this weekend? I am teeing it up at Orchard Valley tomorrow at 5:27am. Anybody playing anywhere exciting? I played a scramble with Adam yesterday at Highland Park Country Club, nice old-school course in good shape. A little on the tight side off the tee but on most of the tight holes you don't need driver. A couple of big par 3's as well. I would definitely play it every once in a while if it wasn't so far from my house.

Is there anything that is close? It seems like everything is an hour away, or is that just 'big city living'....?
Where are you guys playing this weekend? I am teeing it up at Orchard Valley tomorrow at 5:27am. Anybody playing anywhere exciting? I played a scramble with Adam yesterday at Highland Park Country Club, nice old-school course in good shape. A little on the tight side off the tee but on most of the tight holes you don't need driver. A couple of big par 3's as well. I would definitely play it every once in a while if it wasn't so far from my house.

I've got no plans to play. Maybe some range time. Wedding in the afternoon and homework in the morning. I can't wait until August 3rd when homework will be a thing of the past....

Is there anything that is close? It seems like everything is an hour away, or is that just 'big city living'....?

I have 3 really good courses that take me 10 min to get to , and about 5 more really good courses if I push that to 20 min. That's why I don't play the north shore courses it take me an hour to get up there. I can get to most everything else worth playing in under 40 min...I consider myself lucky as far as public golf options go. Now if we could get some good courses under $65 on the weekend, that would be nice. Even the less desirable courses run around $65 on the weekend, under $50 is pretty rare. Highlands of Elgin is the best full price value in my mind at $70 but I can't pop for that every weekend. Most of the other primo courses run $100 ish prime time.

I've got no plans to play. Maybe some range time. Wedding in the afternoon and homework in the morning. I can't wait until August 3rd when homework will be a thing of the past....

Too bad you weren't free yesterday, you cant be far from Highland Park?

Back