Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Ewwww! Who would want to watch the Cubs play? Nate, come to my house and we can play wiffle ball in my yard. It's pretty much the same as going to a Cubs game, except the beer is cheaper. :act-up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the bathrooms are probably actually usable.

Ewwww! Who would want to watch the Cubs play? Nate, come to my house and we can play wiffle ball in my yard. It's pretty much the same as going to a Cubs game, except the beer is cheaper. :act-up:

Did you ask your parents if you can have friends over?

Wrigley is a bucket lister that I'll get to cross out.

Thanks guys. Will get online and start looking in those areas then. I'll come up with 2-3 hotels and see what you think.

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I'm glad I popped my head in here. Traveling to Chicago with the wife July 23rd - 27th. Get in Thursday morning. Searched everywhere and couldn't find anything in the $200/night range. Last minute efforts I found "The Silversmith" for $185/night. Anyone have any input on this one? Still have 24hrs prior to arrival to cancel.

Also, besides the tourist traps...the bean, navy pier, sky deck etc...what are some must do's?!

And the bathrooms are probably actually usable.
You two layoff my Cubbies! We've actually got something to cheer about these days.. .

I'm glad I popped my head in here. Traveling to Chicago with the wife July 23rd - 27th. Get in Thursday morning. Searched everywhere and couldn't find anything in the $200/night range. Last minute efforts I found "The Silversmith" for $185/night. Anyone have any input on this one? Still have 24hrs prior to arrival to cancel.

Also, besides the tourist traps...the bean, navy pier, sky deck etc...what are some must do's?!

Checkout the Chicago City Pass. Gives you access to The Shedd Aquarium, Skydeck, Field Museum, museum of science and industry. Might be something you'd enjoy. Also walking the lakefront trail is great or renting a Divy bike. There's always festivals and such going on so u may be able to catch something while in town.

I always recommend people see a main stage show at The Second City, really funny, a lot of history and in a cool neighborhood that is easy to miss. (Old Town). Several dining choices in the immediate area as well.

Pequods for your deep dish. If you don't live in the area it might not be on your radar but it's awesome. It's considered by many locals to be the best deep dish.

Pequods for your deep dish. If you don't live in the area it might not be on your radar but it's awesome. It's considered by many locals to be the best deep dish.

I second Pequod's. Definitely the best deep dish around. Not as easy to get to as some of the others, but we'll worth the trek.

Wrigley is a bucket lister that I'll get to cross out.

Thanks guys. Will get online and start looking in those areas then. I'll come up with 2-3 hotels and see what you think.
Yeah mag mile or the loop are going to be the best bets. Easy to get to Wrigley on the red line, and the options up in Wrigleyville are better left alone.

I am pretty excited about my Saturday round this week, Playing Mauh Nah Tee See Country Club in Rockford. I Have always wanted to play it having grown up in Rockford I have always wanted to play the Privates but never had the opportunity arise. The greens are supposed to be pretty wild.

Where are you guys playing this weekend??

I really need to get out and meet some of you guys

We should try to sneak in a midweek round before or after work....I work in East Dundee. Are you in the area during the week?

We should try to sneak in a midweek round before or after work....I work in East Dundee. Are you in the area during the week?

My work is pretty flexible and I can, generally, work from home whenever needed so, yep!

My work is pretty flexible and I can, generally, work from home whenever needed so, yep!

nice, what do you like to play in this neck of the woods?

nice, what do you like to play in this neck of the woods?

Haven't played much out in the East Dundee area. My usual tracks are Cary Country Club, Pinecrest, Red Tail, Boone Creek, Prairie Isle, Challet Hills, Foxford. I'm happy to play anywhere though!

Playing grand geneva this weekend. Played Kemper Lakes Golf Club this week.

I am pretty excited about my Saturday round this week, Playing Mauh Nah Tee See Country Club in Rockford. I Have always wanted to play it having grown up in Rockford I have always wanted to play the Privates but never had the opportunity arise. The greens are supposed to be pretty wild.

Where are you guys playing this weekend??
I don't get to do it very often, but have enjoyed an occasional round on a private course. Enjoy it!

I'll be teeing it up for 72 holes, in KC, with a bunch of THPers.

Playing grand geneva this weekend. Played Kemper Lakes Golf Club this week.

I played Kemper a couple of times, tough course especially if you are spraying it off the tee. Not much room to miss!

They have been working on the courses at GG the past few years you have to let me know what you think. I always enjoy the three at Geneva National more, especially when $ is considered.

I played Kemper a couple of times, tough course especially if you are spraying it off the tee. Not much room to miss!

They have been working on the courses at GG the past few years you have to let me know what you think. I always enjoy the three at Geneva National more, especially when $ is considered.

Just point your car up 39 about 100 miles further and i'll meet you at SentryWorld....

Just point your car up 39 about 100 miles further and i'll meet you at SentryWorld....
We do need to do that eventually, I really want to see SentryWorld.

Anyone up for playing Foxford Hills tomorrow morning at 6:26? Have room for two.

Hey Chicago folks, we will kick off another Gauntlet contest tomorrow. 2 teams still remaining.
And dont forget, signup for #StaffProto at Wilson Staff HQ including a full set of proto irons before they hit stores is coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Hey Chicago folks, we will kick off another Gauntlet contest tomorrow. 2 teams still remaining.
And dont forget, signup for #StaffProto at Wilson Staff HQ including a full set of proto irons before they hit stores is coming up in the next couple of weeks.
Absolutely cannot wait for the Wilson stuff to kick off. I'm out of Gauntlet entries. Fingers and toes are crossed for Ethan.

Absolutely cannot wait for the Wilson stuff to kick off. I'm out of Gauntlet entries. Fingers and toes are crossed for Ethan.

I am in the same boat as you...Ethan was my last hope! Then the hard press for Wilson will be on.

Back