Mizuno MP-25 Irons Preview

Will be interesting to hear more about these. The "tweener" market is pretty packed full of great clubs right now.
Indeed it is, I love it because it's blowing a hole in old style. Iron classifications.

Indeed it is, I love it because it's blowing a hole in old style. Iron classifications.

Without a doubt. It reminds me of the car market, everything has to be called something.

Mizuno MP-25 Irons Preview

It's good seeing Mizuno dive into this market I think they did it with the EZ forged (I thought the 8series pro/forged where still a players club). Actually I think for a long time MIZUNO has been branded as a player's line of clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good seeing Mizuno dive into this market I think they did it with the EZ forged (I thought the 8series pro/forged where still a players club). Actually I think for a long time MIZUNO has been branded as a player's line of clubs

I hope these are better than the ez Forged, talk about a wonky iron set. But that's what happens when you don't correct the CG. Probably the least liked iron set I've reviewed.

I hope these are better than the ez Forged, talk about a wonky iron set. But that's what happens when you don't correct the CG. Probably the least liked iron set I've reviewed.

I think that line was one of their least selling lines of all times I could very well be wrong but it sure seems like it.

Hey all you backwards golfers, these will come in left handed as well! Mizuno just put up a picture that I saw on Facebook of them left handed.

As usual, sexy irons from Mizuno. The use of boron in an MP iron is interesting too. Earlier this year, I demoed a set of JPX 850 forged and they were nice. They were very long, about 180 yards with a 7-iron, which is crazy for me but they didnt feel soft. It will be interesting to try out a set of these when they are available and see how they feel.

True. Its sad, really. Theres a lot of people out there who aspire to play Mizuno irons but feel that they dont have the swing for it but Mizuno really makes irons that fit into any handicap. I tell people all the time that Mizuno makes irons that are just as long and forgiving as anything TMAG, Nike or Ping makes and theyre not nearly as ugly as the GI irons that those other companies make.

I've decided that I'm a Mizuno homer now...... :act-up: It seems like everything they come out with, I love. These look and sound like they have a lot going on in a small package. Much like the MP15s and 850Fs last year, I'll be lined up outside of Club Champion the day fittings are available.

The more I play with the 850F, the more I'm enjoying the boron idea. The ball definitely pops off the club face and based on the videos for the 25s, these have the same thing going on.

I just hope they avoid the lame flop that their advertising for the boron was the first time around. It was a pretty hefty miss for an iron that deserved a lot better, the 850F are damn solid.

No doubt. I think the whole boron thing went over a lot of people's heads, to be honest. And Mizuno doesn't exactly do a killer job of marketing golf equipment in the US. At least not on the level of Callaway, TMaG and the others.

I'm really anxious to hit these.

I've decided that I'm a Mizuno homer now...... :act-up: It seems like everything they come out with, I love. These look and sound like they have a lot going on in a small package. Much like the MP15s and 850Fs last year, I'll be lined up outside of Club Champion the day fittings are available.

The more I play with the 850F, the more I'm enjoying the boron idea. The ball definitely pops off the club face and based on the videos for the 25s, these have the same thing going on.

Seems like perfect timing with the Gauntlet. :angel:

Just put the XR Pros in your bag and stop it. You know I am never wrong.

I'm thinking the XRPs will be in the bag come the Gauntlet.....but new and shiny clubs will be coming out. And I can't stay away from new and shiny clubs. You know this.:arrogant:

Mizuno's seemingly hundred lines and nonsensical numbering system might be the most misguided and tough to understand in the industry. It's craziness.

Mizuno's seemingly hundred lines and nonsensical numbering system might be the most misguided and tough to understand in the industry. It's craziness.

I agree it confusing now that they've gone from the 50s and 60s to the 10s and 20s. Understanding their release cycles helps too though

Love my 850 F's but I kind of wish they looked like these 25's!!

They are sexy looking.....even better in person. And no, they won't be in my bag

Are these MP-25s what you played on Saturday Adam?

They are sexy looking.....even better in person. And no, they won't be in my bag

Why won't they??

Those are so sexy! I bought my first set of Mizuno's 3 years ago (MP-64s) and fell in love!

I purchased my first set (850F's) in November, and have become a fanboy as well.

Since then, I've also picked up a used set of MP4's and a used set of MP-33's.

The 850F's are really a great set of irons.

Are these MP-25s what you played on Saturday Adam?

Those were the 54s. Which I still love :act-up:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Those were the 54s. Which I still love :act-up:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
I would say so. It sounded like a teenage nerd getting to third base with a model. Noises you should never hear...

I would say so. It sounded like a teenage nerd getting to third base with a model. Noises you should never hear...

Just pray we're not paired together for the Gauntlet then... :alien:

Back