Titleist 716 AP2 Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mpeterson reminded me that most clubs look much better in person. I'll reserve further visual judgement till I have them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpeterson reminded me that most clubs look much better in person. I'll reserve further visual judgement till I have them in the bag.

FIFY, because you know it's true...

Hopefully my ball striking will improve by the time the 718's come out lol.

Not too dissimilar to the Japanese spec Titleist VG3, which isn't a bad thing. The nicest looking AP irons so far I think.

I love the evolution of the looks the AP2 series has gone through over the past few cycles.

Titleist does it again. IMO they never make a bad product. So consistent! The best company out there. They never put a bad product out. Yes please!!

I can't see the back of the club head when hitting the ball so looks are not an issue for me however, I am anxious to see how they perform compared to the 714's.

Always think the AP2's look great. These are no different.

I think the 714 AP 2's actually looked better...but they were pretty much perfect so aesthetically to me, so there was nowhere to go but down. I will say though that I actually like the look of the 716 AP 1's more than the 2's in this set.

I'm underwhelmed. I know its b/w, but IMO the 714's look much better based off this pic.

I honestly like the look of these ones quite a bit. If they're still the smaller profile that the 714's have these will be high on my list of ponders. I got to spend a little time on the range today with the 714's and they really do perform. These might make me jump ship from a set of blades!

These look great. I've never bought any of their irons but I always love the looks. Can't wait to see these in person and take a few cuts with them.

Somehow I prefer the relatively consersative look of the AP2 714 over this. I guess this is a good time to pick one up before its all gone.

I'll wait to see them in hand before final judgement but so far I like the 714 AP2 much better in the looks department.

I actually don't care for the looks, but I'm sure they perform

Seeing them side by side with the 714, I have to agree. I like the 714s better but still like the lines on these

I've always lusted after the AP2 line, and I really like the lines of the 716's over the 714's. I just cant get over the price tag of any of the new irons, at least most companies are doing no-upcharge shaft options. Maybe I can pick up a set of 714's for cheap to mess around with now.

I see some Callaway Diablo forged when I look at them

I was actually thinking more Nike Vapor line.

Something about the AP2 just makes me tingly on the inside. I won't buy it.....because I never do.....but MAN do I love the look of Titleist irons.

a few others have already said what I wanted to say in that.. I think the 714's look better...

It will all come down to how they feel but I think they look great!

Beautiful, what a beautiful club. Sometimes I wish I had gone with the Ap 2 over the s55 I game now. Such a sexy club.

I like the look of the club - there is just an awful lot written on them.

Almost feels like the marketing department had too much input on the design. I'd remove the tungsten stamp and move the forged right under the 716 to clean it up a little.

It is going to be a shoot out next spring for me between these and the new ping I line. The whole forged thing may be the tipping point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I really really really really want to want these. But at the same time......I really want the MP25s and am EXTREMELY excited to see what Callaway has in store for this year.

I really really really really want to want these. But at the same time......I really want the MP25s and am EXTREMELY excited to see what Callaway has in store for this year.
Same here except for the first time I will try ping Ie1. Callaway surely would put out new apex irons, would they???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back