What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 tickets to the Wednesday practice round for the 2016 Masters.

Congrats!!! I think I would rather go to a Wednesday practice round over a Thursday actual round.
4 tickets to the Wednesday practice round for the 2016 Masters.

Finally pulled the trigger found a R15 new for 299.99 couldnt pass it up. cant wait to play it on the course monday

Joined the Albatross club... does that count?

So this just happened! And at $59/ea it was tough to resist

8dd2cff5933e72cbb1e506eab6b4233b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Hawk's review and enabling; Hopkins 16.5° SuperSpoon

I don't mind saying, that is one sexy fairway wood.

So this just happened! And at $59/ea it was tough to resist

8dd2cff5933e72cbb1e506eab6b4233b.jpg

Where, at that price?

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Didn't buy, but received confirmation on 2 pro-am passes for a VIP tent at the Deutsche Bank in a month. Going as a guest of one of my company's vendors.

4703c50c14a9c83d73834afe89d314fb.jpg

Shirts came in from the mystery pack. No graphic ones but I like the solid and fabric feels real nice. I'm calling it a win.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 Dozen Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Golf Balls.....gotta give them a try

I finally received my Machine Putter. Finally. Now to decide what grip to put on. There is a SS 1.0, but my fitter was pretty adamant about me going with a tapered grip.

df2af09bf6811cb4b670ae999508dea3.jpg

5289de86d3ccd7db03edbc8f26400d6d.jpg

9cda306993c5d3e58eb0dc4f79c47436.jpg

baccaff6fa7aeed3603e9839a5dfdddd.jpg

I finally received my Machine Putter. Finally. Now to decide what grip to put on. There is a SS 1.0, but my fitter was pretty adamant about me going with a tapered grip.

df2af09bf6811cb4b670ae999508dea3.jpg

5289de86d3ccd7db03edbc8f26400d6d.jpg

9cda306993c5d3e58eb0dc4f79c47436.jpg

baccaff6fa7aeed3603e9839a5dfdddd.jpg
That thing is sick! Love the shape

That's a beauty stern!

2 buckets at the range, picked up my Adila voodoo shaft,Callaway 815 3 wood and the 12 Lamkin grips from my PO box in the US.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Got my new :ogio: Pisa cart bag today. This thing is sweet. Went with the Camo/Black which suits me. The zippers appear to be good quality, the structure is solid and the weight is really reasonable. Love the zipperless ball pocket idea. Looking forward to seeing it in action this weekend.
Ogio-Pisa-Golf-Bag-Camo-Black-124040-493.jpg

Last few days I picked up a Yeti Tumbler and an Odyssey Works V-Line Versa (finally).

So after 2 hours and 8 putters on the practice green yesterday, I walked away with this:

31fK56V.jpg

If anyone wants some insight into the decision making:

I'm moving from my putter of over 10 years (Ping Craz-E) and wanted something more like a mid-mallet with a little bit of toe hang to match my slight arc. Putters trialled were:

• Odyssey Big T #5 (with and w/o SS grip)
  • Ping Cadence Anser W and B65
  • Scotty Select Squareback, GoLo 5 (old and new model) and Futura X5

To be fair after 2 hours of putting I was pretty hot with most of them so it was a tough call and some of the reasons I had to eliminate putters were a bit tenuous but I suppose you allowed to be irrational and fickle about putters right? :)

I never really got on with the Pings, can't really explain why, and I just found the Odyssey insert a bit soft and was second guessing myself on the power for medium putts (probably something easily solved with a little more time). I also went off the finish after a little while with the two tone being a bit too far from the traditional for me, but I will support the alignment claims, it was super easy to take aim.

In the end I went for the squareback as it felt soft but still firm, it aligned great (although that's not really an issue I struggle with) and the distance control was incredible. The 2014 Golo 5 came a close second, but in the end I preferred the balance and the visual set up of the squareback. I know many will say Scottys are well over priced but I tried not to consider that while choosing and in the end it was the cheapest price I'd seen here in Sweden so I went for it.

First round on Sunday, can't wait!

paid my deposit for Up & Down w Cleveland event!

So after 2 hours and 8 putters on the practice green yesterday, I walked away with this:

31fK56V.jpg

If anyone wants some insight into the decision making:

I'm moving from my putter of over 10 years (Ping Craz-E) and wanted something more like a mid-mallet with a little bit of toe hang to match my slight arc. Putters trialled were:

• Odyssey Big T #5 (with and w/o SS grip)
  • Ping Cadence Anser W and B65
  • Scotty Select Squareback, GoLo 5 (old and new model) and Futura X5

To be fair after 2 hours of putting I was pretty hot with most of them so it was a tough call and some of the reasons I had to eliminate putters were a bit tenuous but I suppose you allowed to be irrational and fickle about putters right? :)

I never really got on with the Pings, can't really explain why, and I just found the Odyssey insert a bit soft and was second guessing myself on the power for medium putts (probably something easily solved with a little more time). I also went off the finish after a little while with the two tone being a bit too far from the traditional for me, but I will support the alignment claims, it was super easy to take aim.

In the end I went for the squareback as it felt soft but still firm, it aligned great (although that's not really an issue I struggle with) and the distance control was incredible. The 2014 Golo 5 came a close second, but in the end I preferred the balance and the visual set up of the squareback. I know many will say Scottys are well over priced but I tried not to consider that while choosing and in the end it was the cheapest price I'd seen here in Sweden so I went for it.

First round on Sunday, can't wait!

I putt with that thing every time I'm in Edwin Watts and love it every time. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back