Sequoyah National Golf Course

golf course is average at best. I'm used to mountain courses and this one was pretty extreme. layout was ok, greens and fairways were very slow, grass was long. a few excellent holes with lots of forgettable ones. I went a few weeks ago so feel free to ask any questions!

where are you located naws?

Wow. I need to play this golf course.

i've yet to play it but my brother and my old man have. they say the views are great, but it's exhausting. lots of elevation changes and cart path only.

Are you allowed to walk it?

i don't know, i haven't been there, but i doubt it. a lot of the courses around here you have a good few minute ride from green to tee. it just wouldn't be feasible, but i don't know about this one. it's on the reservation in cherokee, so we could at least gamble when the round's over.

sorry, i spaced on the reply, I'm in south east TN, about 3-4 hrs from the course

no worries man, if you ever get over this way for some golf hit me up.

I really did not enjoy this course that much! The first time we played it was cartpath only and I was KILLED after my round, the second time it was 90 degree rule and I was still KILLED after my round, and I shot a 78. So, I would not recommend you walk this course. I doubt they would even let you. I agree with naws golfer, its average at best. Its way over rated. I wont go back unless its free, which I do have a connection there.

One, i'm a little jealous of you, I moved out of Cherokee just as the course was being finished. Used to go up there and walk around in the evenings after work, so yeah I know your were dead after walking a round. Glad to see the rates have came down a lot from the original rates, maybe this will replace SMN as my way west NC course when I come back to visit.

One, i'm a little jealous of you, I moved out of Cherokee just as the course was being finished. Used to go up there and walk around in the evenings after work, so yeah I know your were dead after walking a round. Glad to see the rates have came down a lot from the original rates, maybe this will replace SMN as my way west NC course when I come back to visit.

Where did you live while in NC?

All over, grew up east of Charlotte, but most recently in Cherokee. I'm missing that cool mountain air, 107 here today :(

What a difference a year makes. I saw photos of this course last year and it has definitely improved. I really liked the course. Very big greens with lots of peaks and valleys that make you shoot for the right spot on the green to have a chance at birdie/par.

Carts were allowed everywhere except 2 holes and I'm sure glad. If I had to play cart path only I would have died.

It was a typical Troon property in that conditions were great, service was great and everything cost too much ($4 Gatorade).

Overall I really loved the course and thought it was a ton of fun to play. I played 36 there and shot 77/82.

Back