I believe people can go take 2-3 days of lessons with him in Texarcana. It appears as though he's very busy...Call or shoot him an e-mail and he goes over available times and cost at that point.

There is a disciple of his in Great Britain (http://www.danwhittakergolf.com) that provides on-line lessons. He has quite a few videos on YT. Who knows how his teachings compare to Slicefixers though???

After not being a big fan of taking lessons, I'm considering flying out to Texarcana. I just got an e-mail reply from Geoff this am, and will give him a call to go over things further.

Bring sunscreen, a lot of patience, and several new gloves if you go.

Bring sunscreen, a lot of patience, and several new gloves if you go.

Yeah...I read that. Doesn't necessarily sound like a fun way to spend 2-3 days, but the fun comes later.

Yeah...I read that. Doesn't necessarily sound like a fun way to spend 2-3 days, but the fun comes later.

You'll work, that's for sure. I always have fun when I'm there, but I also know I'm going to work hard. I like going more for the just getting away from distractions and being able to work on things for as long as I want. Last year, I went a couple weeks before the Morgan Cup and was hitting balls by 9:00, stopping at 1 for lunch, then going back at it till about 7:30 at night. Hit a bucket of wedges at a small green complex, get water and towel off. Repeat.

I have read a lot of Slicefixers thoughts, and all of The Encyclopedia several times. About 4 years ago I really committed to trying to learn this move (without going to see him) which I know now is a futile effort. My ball striking got a lot better but distance control was an issue, I was bringing the face in at all different lofts. Mr. Jones was super helpful via email and I believe he just wants people to play better golf. If I ever have the time to dedicate to practice and the funds and time to visit Texarcana I would love to do this. I hope I get the chance to bend your ear about all of this at some time Wardy.

Geoff is good people. I do wish I was closer though to where he was, trips over to the middle of nowhere aren't easy to get to.

I'd probably be a heck of a lot better on top of it.

Geoff is good people. I do wish I was closer though to where he was, trips over to the middle of nowhere aren't easy to get to.

I'd probably be a heck of a lot better on top of it.

My step son Marc sure did talk highly of him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've lived in Texarkana and have only read about this guy in old Internet threads. It's like he's an urban legend or something.

I've lived in Texarkana and have only read about this guy in old Internet threads. It's like he's an urban legend or something.

You know where the airport is? Par 5 away. Near that electric cowboy whatever place.

I'm definitely intrigued considering he's world renowned and happens to be in my area.

I went to the range a couple of times today; by the end of the first range session I was starting to get a little more comfortable with the only parts of his swing I can comprehend thus far.

By the end of the 2nd session, I was hitting some really good balls.

Just doing the 9-3 drill with the proper release (I'm a flipper, so this seemed impossible when I first tried it!), and making sure I'm letting the rotation control the swing.

I don't understand the reverse K yet.
This 2nd session, as I felt more comfortable with it, I incorporated the 'left and low'.

Seems like the best you could do via the Internet, and his ET is eventually get in the ballpark of his swing.

But, I do have to say, with just a proper release (instead of me flipping the wrists), it seems like it's way easier to hit consistent shots, and they seem like they are a full club length further.

However, when I tried it with my driver, the results were ugly.

I went to the range a couple of times today; by the end of the first range session I was starting to get a little more comfortable with the only parts of his swing I can comprehend thus far.

By the end of the 2nd session, I was hitting some really good balls.

Just doing the 9-3 drill with the proper release (I'm a flipper, so this seemed impossible when I first tried it!), and making sure I'm letting the rotation control the swing.

This 2nd session, as I felt more comfortable with it, I incorporated the 'left and low'.

Seems like the best you could do via the Internet, and his ET is eventually get in the ballpark of his swing.

But, I do have to say, with just a proper release (instead of me flipping the wrists), it seems like it's way easier to hit consistent shots, and they seem like they are a full club length further.

However, when I tried it with my driver, the results were ugly.
The longer the club, the more aware you need to be where the shaft plane is going back and make sure it's below the plane coming down while maintaining the left wrist angle through the swing like you would an 8 iron. The key here is to be relaxed with the wrists.

The "reverse K" is in essence how you need to set up to the ball. Easiest way to get it right: Stand up at address like normal, with your arms hanging straight down from your shoulders and your palms facing each other. Push your right hip in, so that your right hand can drop to lower than your left and you could now grip a golf club. Voila. By bumping your right hip like that, it "should" align your left hip, knee, and foot all over each other, so you could draw a line down from top to bottom and go through all three.

Don't try and incorporate any other moves you think you feel comfortable with trying. Nicely, you're probably doing the 9-3 drill wrong, your grip is wrong, and your pivot isn't in control the swing. Don't try and fine tune or work on semantics when the big picture is wrong.

That's not to be mean, I promise. No one gets it right at first, how could you it's brand new everything to you.

For now, work on your setup, and you should probably look up photos of the grip. Those are more important in the list of stuff you can do on your own than actually swinging for now.

Don't try and incorporate any other moves you think you feel comfortable with trying. Nicely, you're probably doing the 9-3 drill wrong, your grip is wrong, and your pivot isn't in control the swing. Don't try and fine tune or work on semantics when the big picture is wrong.

That's not to be mean, I promise. No one gets it right at first, how could you it's brand new everything to you.

Don't worry I'm not that sensitive!

I know I'm nowhere in the ballpark (I've read the threads from people who went to Texarcana, thinking they had the grip down, and weren't even close)...

But, my ball striking was way better, simply bc I'm not being floppy anymore. My release is much better.

I actually played 18 today and my irons were so much better. I wasn't worried about mis-hitting. It takes the 'timing' out of it, and you just have to make solid contact.

Couldnt do do it with the long irons, or Driver though. I stuck with my traditional driver swing, and mis-hit the crap out of it with my 5 and 6 iron.

If I had known my flippy release was costing me that much in consistency I would have worked hard to eliminate that a long time ago. That's a much harder way to play golf.

Yeah the longer clubs are tougher. Slightly different setup, it takes some getting used to. Hell I've been seeing him for years and I still mess it up.

Yeah the longer clubs are tougher. Slightly different setup, it takes some getting used to. Hell I've been seeing him for years and I still mess it up.

Were you a flipper before going to this swing?
What kind of distance increases did you see with a normal swing?
How long ago did you start learning this swing, and how do you feel you've progressed?

Were you a flipper before going to this swing?
What kind of distance increases did you see with a normal swing?
How long ago did you start learning this swing, and how do you feel you've progressed?

Let me see if I can find the first video to current and we'll go from there.

I recorded my swing, and compared it to SliceFixers.
You wouldn't even know I'm attempting the same swing.
I figured I wouldn't be close; but there would be something I could look at and say "oh, that one small part looks somewhat similar."

I signed up for an online lesson with Dan Whittaker (who teaches a very similar swing).
I just want to get going sooner rather than later.

Dan and Geoff are a little different just FYI. Dan doesn't quite have all the answers for things like the transition (hands down the hardest part) but he is a start.

Tried to get a before and after but the before swing isn't on the first DVD. Probably good, it was awful.

I spoke with Geoff; incredibly nice guy, just as I expected based on what's been said about him.

Im going to try and get out there for at least 3, and hopefully 4 days. No dates set yet, as he's busy, and I have to make it work with my work schedule too.

I have previously done the 9-3 drill. But when I do it, on the follow through Im not at 3pm, but maybe 10pm.

Yesterday, I was a lot more disciplined while doing it, and performed the drill a lot better, and was hitting some nice balls by the end of my range session.
That is a difficult drill to do! It requires a lot of discipline.

Im going to try and spend an hour a day for a week on it, doing it properly, and see where I'm at.

My work schedule makes it impossible for me to get to Texarcana over the next couple of months.

I sent some footage of my swing to Dan Whittaker, and his feedback was excellent.

I feel way more comfortable with the 9-3 'drill' (I played 18 today and used it as my real swing). I have a long way to go, but my 9-3 swing is a better swing than my reguslr swing from before I started working on it.

I shot an 80 a couple weeks back, and 79 today.
That is excellent golf compared to where I was at just a month or two ago (low 90's, high 80's with the occasional mid 80's score).

The added bonus is that using the 9-3 swing as my swing today, I finished my round today and my body felt like I hadn't even played golf. No aches and pains at all.

I'm not losing any distance at all (I'm almost certain I've probably gained a couple yards). The 4-some I played with today marveled at how far the ball was going from my 'wimpy little' swing.

I can't do it with my driver (I haven't really tried at all on the range yet).

Slicefixer had a great following on golfwrx and helped a lot of people...The problem was that he's been coming out with a book for years and years...but it never materializes...so many just stopped following him especially since he's not on golfwrx any longer...None of his swing is revolutionary...Reverse K's...9 to 3 and the body and club stays in time with each other have been around for decades...Of coarse there's other things but as I said it's not revolutionary....But he is a great guy that probably has to much on his plate....I know quite a bit about his swing and it's solid

Mward uses it. Flies out to bumfuq to go see the guy. Wardy used to be really good too.
He would say it made him better, I would argue it made him technical and took the feel out of his game. In the end, his opinion is all that matters.
What he said. I saw Geoff a few times a few years ago. He is a tremendous person that I enjoyed being around. Trying to retool my swing with him I think I got real mechanical, and I still fight that. I definitely still use some things he taught, but his method of teaching is definitely not for everyone, and he will tell you so up front.

I have been hearing this as a rumour for many years and finally it's published!

I have been hearing this as a rumour for many years and finally it's published!

Where do we find the book???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back