#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

The gelato there is awesome and they finally put the labels in English so you don't have to feel like a moron asking what everything is.
Coffee was great. So beautiful here!
Now I'm at the Maritime Museum. Just got off the Soviet Foxtrot boat. That was real cool for me, a Cold War child and reader of many Clancy novels.

IMG_20150818_161755_zps5y3powit.jpg

Don't know what this Russian symbol means but I imagine this is how we are all going to look when we swing our Project X shafts!

20150818_163719_zpsfap0heja.jpg

The gelato there is awesome and they finally put the labels in English so you don't have to feel like a moron asking what everything is.

Double Tree or is that the Sheraton on Cedar?

Little Italy is great, I live close to there. Not sure if you are driving to get C-Hump or he is getting a ride, but there is a Ballast Point in Little Italy for a Thursday preview or Bottle Craft has a ton of craft beers.

You and C-Hump need to go to Altitude at the Marriott tonight since there is a Pads game. You can see into the stadium.

Either walk or take Uber from there, parking will be $15.

Doubletree. Thanks for the suggestions. Either one of those places sounds great! I think the shuttle here at the hotel will run us down to the ball park area if we decide to do that.

You might only play Torrey Pines. Once so think carefully. I recommend Blue (Tips) for the North and the at least the Whites for the South.

You might only play Torrey Pines. Once so think carefully. I recommend Blue (Tips) for the North and the at least the Whites for the South.
Not sure the course would like a 7 hour round.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Whites are fine with me for both courses, though if others want to stretch back one I'm open to playing back there. Anyone have the rating/slope for each tee?

A little Italian for tonight.

20150818_202011_zpsb6offtnh.jpg

Whites are fine with me for both courses, though if others want to stretch back one I'm open to playing back there. Anyone have the rating/slope for each tee?
North:
693147029e6437aecd44bdbc_l.jpg

South:
b4334a3fb9162245f9fe1f6b_l.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Having played the course less than two weeks ago, depending on the schedule, the tees are usually bunched together and only about 5-10 yds different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South course Ratings/slope
Blue 76.1/139
White 74.3/136
Gold 72.5/133
Those are pretty hefty boys!

North
Blue 72.3/128
White 70.8/125

Crazy right that blue tees on north aren't even close to whites on south.

South course Ratings/slope
Blue 76.1/139
White 74.3/136
Gold 72.5/133
Those are pretty hefty boys!

North
Blue 72.3/128
White 70.8/125

Thanks Barry. Based on this, I'm ok with either blue or white on the North, but gold on the South is probably plenty, especially since that'll be my 2nd round on Saturday and I'll be starting to get tired.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just caught up on this thread.

Im excited and jealous at the same time for you guys.

Not it sure if DB knows what JB got him into. LOL. Looks like it's going to be a great week.

I am now on the road, see you Jensen about six hours.

I am now on the road, see you Jensen about six hours.

Awesome!

I am at work for the next 5 or so hours unfortunately...then a 1.5 hour drive...THEN about 7-8 hours in planes/airports...

Yeah, safe to say I can't wait to get there! It's gonna be tough to get anything done today.

That's no fun. Barry and I'll sympathize for you over our breakfast :p

Looks like I have to make a pitstop at the BMW dealer. I hope I make it in time, and it's supposed to only take about 15 minutes. So if I'm running late, don't worry, I'll catch up.

Looks like I have to make a pitstop at the BMW dealer. I hope I make it in time, and it's supposed to only take about 15 minutes. So if I'm running late, don't worry, I'll catch up.

Hope everything is alright. Drive safely and see you this afternoon.

#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

A few evening/morning pics.

05846719d64165316e4d4f95d18eb9af.jpg

2affeedf73275e3494d5d05daa2ed018.jpg

d83f308f1ad147ab700d8e5fad1ed1e6.jpg

882f9d5027e259dd9be9a3ccf365a896.jpg

e83b40036ef12e17535b444c6b1c2dc1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the PM round Torrey starts in 30 minutes

Made it. Tee time in 30 min. Weather is great! Traffic, not so much.

Where the heck are the course pics

only a couple more hours here at work for me then I am on vacation time. Cant wait to get there with you guys

Working course pics now. Might periscope too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440019535.199362.jpg

Back