Anybody have or heard of a 1-hybrid?

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
I thought about looking into one of these and getting rid of the 3W. Anybody ever hit one or have one? What do you like, not like about it?

I have one and loved it, until i found a 3 wood that I click with. Now it just sits in the closet

bought my father a Cleveland launcher dst 1 hybrid this year for fathers day. He loves it uses it off the tee, from the fairway, and likes to hit a bump and run chip shot with it.

I have a *15 hubrid which I believe is a 1. I love it. I have basically stopped using my 3wood because I hit the hubrid sooooo much further.

Picked up a used callaway heavenwood hybrid. When I connected it went 230-240, but it was very erratic for me. I let my buddy try it for a week and he had the same experience. Just to unpredictable, not very forgiving. I just upgraded to the burner 3 wood and love it. very easy to hit off the deck which was the big problem with my old 3 wood and why I was trying the 1 hybrid.

I had a 16 degree hybrid in the bag for a short time

the trajectory was lower and more piercing than my 3wd, distance was 15-20 yards shorter (it was about 5wd distance but just on a much lower trajectory)

the combo of lower trajectory and shorter distance didn't work well for me, although if I knew I was headed for a windy course it would probably sneak back in my bag

woods will generally launch the ball higher than the equivalent hybrid, so if you're not a high ball hitter you will likely have problems getting a 1 hybrid up in the air properly

I have a Nickent 4dx 14* 1 hybrid that I hit 230-240 depending on contact. I like it, but it spends more time in my garage than my bag. Instead I carry a 2 and a 3 hybrid. The 1 gives me more distance off the tee and some more distance to go for par 5's, but I don't like having the gap in the bag.

Are far as I'm concerned this thread no longer matters to me.....at least this week. I played Sat and Sun and hit my 3w 2x. Both times were solid and straight.

I carry a 2 iron hybrid now, that fills my 3w/5w/1h gaps, I normally hit driver off the tee so I just need something for those longer seconds into par 5s, or some distance w/ accuracy on tee shots. Now I can carry 4 wedges, I'm loving the new setup.

I have the 2H and 3H Callaway Diablo's and they are AWESOME! I've had them for about a year. If I know I can't reach a par 5 in two, I now hit one of the hybrids.

I don't carry a 3-wood. My Baffler 16 degree works very well for me and I can hit it pretty far with much more control than any 3-wood I have ever bagged. Straight is good and distance is too, however the consistancy factor is the big plus for me. Maybe that perfect 3 - wood will return to my bag one of these days. But for now I got my confidence club in the bag :eek:)

Back