What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain shortened 89. Played 15 and took my handicap numbers for the final 3. Six penalties off the tee. Absolutely horrific day there. Wedges bailed me out at least a dozen times. If ever you need an example of short game importance, today was it.

41-41=82(+10)
6 FW
6 GIR
30 Putts (1 3-jack)
No birds
1 Penalty

State mid-am qualifier. Didn't get first. Didn't get last. Beat one of the players in my group. 14 players qualified. The winner shot -1. The 14th spot was +3.

Played the par 3 & 5's better than I did in my practice round. +3 on the Par 3's yesterday vs +6 in the practice round. Played the par 5's EVEN yesterday vs +1 in practice. The par 4's killed my in the qualifier. My irons were off and I was in greenside bunkers on 3 of the first 5 holes.

What was interesting about the event was that the player sheet said the tees would be between 6300-6700. They used the back (Black) tees which were 6922. And, we were never more the a few paces from the Black tee marker. This course had Gold tees at 6621. Odd.

Overall, I enjoyed the round. Was paired with 2 good guys. Looking forward to playing other state qualifiers when they are hosted by "exclusive" courses.

Man was that hot on Long Island today at Middle Island GC, got a 7am teetime and was dripping wet before we started. Decided to walk and carry, not the best idea but carried on anyway.

Finished the round even wetter and knackered, but with another score under the magic 80!

A 77 - 38/39, 29 putts, GIR 39% and FIR 65%, handicap trend now in single digits :)

Interesting round this morning. Front 9 3 birdies 6 bogeys for +3 38. Back 9 1 birdie, 3 pars, 5 bogeys for +4 40. +7 78. Not bad but I left a lot of shots out there. Putting is starting to come around but still 31 putts.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

40-40-80 about as consistent as my putts being left short. The driver was putting up some great numbers today. Just some stupid mistakes and slow greens. Great day walking and excellent company.

Shot a 92 at holiday golf at panama city beach. Started off really strong only +1 through 6 hitting the ball really well. Then all of a sudden I developed some sort of wierd push fade that would show up inconsistently and eventually sent me full tilt by the back nine. Wound up 45 / 49 swearing I would sell my clubs and never play again.... plan on going back friday....

Shot a pretty disappointing 91 at Blackberry Oaks in Bristol, IL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

85 on a pretty windy thanksgiving point. Happy with that.

85 on a pretty windy thanksgiving point. Happy with that.
Solid number on that track, particularly with the wind. Damn course is plenty hard when it's calm haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

73 with 2 double bogies. One of the doubles was a flushed 9 iron hit slightly right of the flag on a 149 yard par 3. The ball went flew over the green and was lost in some deep rough. First time I've lost a ball on that hole after playing it 300+ times. On the bright side, my putter has been great 5 consecutive rounds. I haven't putted this well in 20+ years.

Shot 83-88 for 36 holes. Long day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in my home course's club championship over the weekend. Shot 74 (+4) on Saturday which put my 2 strokes out of the lead in the champinship flight (two players shot 72). Shot 71 on Sunday to tie one of the leaders who shot 73 (the other shot 75) and go to a playoff. I piped my drive on the 1st playoff hole down the fairway while my competitor hit it deep into the trees left. I was left with 78 yards to the pin and I guess was just a little amped up with all the people watching and hit my SW about 10 yards too far. The other guy hit a great escape shot out of the trees onto the collar of the green below the hole, about 10 feet away. I was above the hole chipping to a short pin out of some thick bermuda. My chip skirted the edge of the cup but ran about 4 1/2 feet by. Competitor ran his putt up to about 2 feet. I read a little too much break and missed the comeback. He makes the par putt and wins.
What a heart breaker, I had two of those scenarios before I won 1, nothing like that pressure though. Great playing.

39 - 40 = 79. Needed a bird on 18 and drilled it home. 2 birds on the day with the Srixon/Cleveland bag!!

+1 on the Srixon/Cleveland bag, never though I would wind up with them, glad I was open to new brands. I used to really dread that,,,, needing bird on the last hole, now I look forward to it.

+1 on the Srixon/Cleveland bag, never though I would wind up with them, glad I was open to new brands. I used to really dread that,,,, needing bird on the last hole, now I look forward to it.

Thanks man. They make amazing stuff!

Played a small executive course with my daughter yesterday. Worked on shaping my ball flight from the right to left. Had a great time out there with her and shot 31. Took awhile for me to get used to the slow greens.

What did you shoot today?

Yesterday I made it out between rain showers and it was a very odd day. For some reason everything was left and that is not my miss, also idk if it was the humidity or what but everything was short.

I went 39-39=78
8/14 Fwys
4/18 Girs
And 27 putts

All I can say is thank god for my chipping. I'd say 75% of my chips ended up inside 3 feet.

shot a 43 last night on my local nine. Nothing special but started out with a double on 1, and a triple on 2, so 43 isn't horrible for me after that start.

40 today on a 9 hole, par 35. My biggest issue right now is having blow up holes. I was even par on 7 holes, five over on the other two holes. I just need to eliminate those stupid mistakes on those holes and life will be good.

Describe 'Stupid Mistakes', trying to do too much or just short circuiting?

Describe 'Stupid Mistakes', trying to do too much or just short circuiting?

Mostly mental lapses. I tripled one hole which came from being distracted with other thoughts during my drive and 2nd shot. The other bad hole my drive ended up right where the sprinklers were spraying. Instead of waiting 45 seconds for the sprinkler to go around so I wouldn't get splashed I just ran up quick, rushed it and pulled the shot and ended up under a tree. The nice thing is that after those bad holes I was able to immediately forget it and start fresh, which is definitely an improvement from the past.

Mostly mental lapses. I tripled one hole which came from being distracted with other thoughts during my drive and 2nd shot. The other bad hole my drive ended up right where the sprinklers were spraying. Instead of waiting 45 seconds for the sprinkler to go around so I wouldn't get splashed I just ran up quick, rushed it and pulled the shot and ended up under a tree. The nice thing is that after those bad holes I was able to immediately forget it and start fresh, which is definitely an improvement from the past.
Lol. I've been guilty of the sprinkler dash as well.

108 at gleneagles. Not great I know but an amazing and tough course. Knowledge is definitely a big factor there!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

87 with fellow THPer mpeterson. He played pretty well carding a smooth 81! Fun round as always!!

-1 on an exec 9 this morning. Bogied number 9...had a blast. Had a look at eagle on the par five but left the putt short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back