Adjustable drivers - set and forget?

russtopher

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Band
How many of you with adjustable drivers get your loft and face angle set, and then leave the settings alone?

I know that the purpose of adjustable drivers is so a fitter can set you up with the best combination for your swing. However, given that the majority of us are tinkerers by nature, I'm sure a lot of us are always playing with the settings.

So who finds their best ball flight, either on their own or with the help of a fitter, and leaves their driver alone?

For the record, I'm a tinkerer to a fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set it and forget it, until I see a pattern (like my swing changed a bit, etc). Then I may make a tweak to it.

I'll never forget at #TheKing when Hashtag helped me make one adjustment on the BB and I don't think I hit a bad drive the rest of the weekend. #SetItAndForgetIt

I used to tinker a lot. Hell one round with THPers I think I tried 5 or 6 different settings and 3 different shafts. This year I have really set it and forgot about it. Until my last round, I changed it to match the loft of the GBB I was fit for and the results were really good.

I played with the R1 way to much. Now I have learned to set it and leave it alone.

Set and forget.

Set and forget. I do not tinker with the adjectments

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have made changes to the loft when I swapped shafts. Besides that I don't make any changes

I've had a problem in the past with constant adjusting haha i actually made a thread about it awhile back. Lately tho ive been much better and find something that works and I'll leave it alone

Been at 10.5 for a while now with the BioCell+ and all is good...

Pretty much have kept my loft the same just have tried draw vs non draw and different shafts, still not perfect. So lately I have just left it alone.

My first proper fitting was recently for a Vapor Speed driver and i ended up at 9.5,neutral,stiff shaft but I'm struggling with it at the moment so I've tried higher lofts and closing the face......i can still slice it whatever the setting! I'm now back to the original specs and working on my swing instead.

Set and forget. If I make a tweak to my swing through lessons and I find it necessary to make an adjustment then I will.

When I first get the driver I def. tinker (i.e. my R15), but once I find a setting that works on the good and bad days I leave it alone.

Set and forget.

I generally set and forget, though if things change in my swing or shaft choice I will make changes until I get back to a ball flight I like.

Set and forget - for the most part.

My last two drivers have been adjustable. With my Callaway Razr FIt Tour I got the weights set correctly and never changed. With both it and my G30 LST the only tinkering I would/will do is to adjust the loft down a degree if it's going to be a particularly windy day.

After being fit for mine at the grandaddy, I have not even thought once about touching the settings.

After being fit for mine at the grandaddy, I have not even thought once about touching the settings.

Same here, even though I have an XR now, it's the same loft, S and N on the hosel....set it and forget it.

Still tinkering with mine, only had a half dozen rounds with it

set-it-and-forget-it-387.png

I'm a tinkerer, but I'm a relatively new golfer that's still changing (searching for?) my swing. So I feel like they go hand in hand until you really settle in on your swing. I have the XR now so it's just loft and neutral/draw so I haven't messed with it much. If it had sliding weights I'm sure I'd be doing a lot more adjusting.

Set and forget after fitting unless I make a swing change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an R1 and I tinker every now and then usually when it is misbehaving

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I had my set during my driver fitting. In 3 years, I've never changed it. I sold the wrench not long after the fitting. Maybe 1x/year I need to tighten it up and I borrow someone else's wrench. haha.

Back