To drink or not to drink?

YetiLooper

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you swig some booze on the course when you play? If so what's your drink of choice? How does it affect your play? If not, why not?

Usually I will have a beer at the turn, but I find even a single beer will affect my focus level for a couple holes. I'm no light weight either!

nope. after the round i like some cold ones, but never during unless my round has already gone to hell.

Typically no, but it's not a science. If I'm feeling it I'll do it.

I have tried it a few times and my game just goes down hill. So i stick to powerade or gaterade or water, now the 19th hole is a different story!

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'll drink beer and liquor on occasion. Sometimes I'll do a shot when the cart girl comes around if everyone is cool with it.

In a scramble maybe, depending on the time of day. But usually I'm good with a Gatorade and a glass of ice

If I'm playing ok on the front, I probably won't drink. If I'm fighting my swing I grab a few beers ASAP, it often helps loosen me up so I can just let my muscle memory take over and take my head out of my swing. It helps me sometimes.

Not all the time but don't mind having a couple beers. Don't drink enough to negatively affect the game

No for me.

Scramble tourney, yes. Otherwise, not until after.

Actually one or two beers during the round help me relax and slow things down. More than that and it is counter productive.

Usually no. One it doesn't usually mix well with the heat. And two, I won't have more than 2 beers if I'm going to drive. I'd prefer to save those for post round enjoyment with the group than on the course.

Depends? Hahaha

Vodka and Fireball typically......things go better when I stay with vodka.

I never drink on a regular round just because it's not worth the $ and it's probably hot and I want water. When I'm with 3 of my boys for a tournament, and we're in contention no drinks or cigars for me. If we fall out of contention with no realistic hope to win then I'm smoking a stogie, doing a few shots of fireball, pounding brewdaddies, and calling an uber.

Ok fair enough on all these answers. Definitely the temp factors in for me too. And if course being responsible is vital. For me it depends on who I'm playing with. If they are more serious about golf and don't then I won't. If it's a laid back casual round or a scramble yeah then I do. Definitely one after the round no matter what!

I'll have a couple cold brewski's during the round. If I drink too much I do notice a change in my game sometimes for better or sometimes not so good, it's all fun!

I usually don't. If I'm thirsty for a beer I may have one or two, but most times just water and then beer after the round.

Nothing but water or Gatorade for me. No desire for beer while playing

Most often its no and always was no but recently for whatever reason I have had 1 or 2 at most on a couple of occasions. Like last week when I played with my father or the week before when I played with a friend (actually of my father lol). I fond 1 beer can actually relax me just a tad and even help with tempo but 2 and I then don't really care for when playing.

I totally gave up drinking about 3 years ago.

Depends? Hahaha

Vodka and Fireball typically......things go better when I stay with vodka.
Oh. I forgot Fireball counts. Thanks NEB!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Seeing as I don't drink alcohol, the answer is pretty obvious from me - No

Drink a few beers while playing on very rare occasions. Probably 3 or 4 times per year.

Do you swig some booze on the course when you play? If so what's your drink of choice? How does it affect your play? If not, why not?

Usually I will have a beer at the turn, but I find even a single beer will affect my focus level for a couple holes. I'm no light weight either!

Sometimes. More when it's hot. I've already had plenty of water prior to teeing off (that is the plan, anyway).

I'll drink an extra one or two if the game has gone to hell.

My general answer would be no drinks (alcohol that is). I almost always take my car to the course. I few times I have had a couple of beers during the round with friends, but very seldom

Back