Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

Ohh come on man that takes effort to search, much easier to just start a thread and let answers role in! :)

What price are they?

I really like my Hopkins wedges, they're definitely solid performers. My suggestion would be to go to the Hopkins site and determine which grinds will work best for you and see if the range has the one(s) you want. For example being a sweeper and with the firm conditions that we have here most of the year, I have a 50° shelf grind , 55° heel & toe grind , and a 60° heel grind.

Last edited:
Ohh come on man that takes effort to search, much easier to just start a thread and let answers role in! :)

THP spent a lot of time reviewing these wedges and a quick glance through should provide most of the info you are looking for.

The best part is that if you don't want to search through the thread, a quick post asking for advice will generate the discussion you are looking for.

THP spent a lot of time reviewing these wedges and a quick glance through should provide most of the info you are looking for.

The best part is that if you don't want to search through the thread, a quick post asking for advice will generate the discussion you are looking for.
What you quoted was me being jokingly sarcastic.

I have posted quite a few things about the total Hopkins experience. I am a very new golfer (started from scratch this past May) I had all 20 year old ebay clubs to start. I upgraded my bag in July. I bought 3 Hopkins wedges 52 Full Grind 26 Channel Grind and 60 Wide Grind. I obviously dont have experience with other quality wedges but I do love my Hopkins wedges. I recommend the 60 in the Wide it plows through tough rough like no other club.

I also bought the Hopkins DJ-21 Irons which I am very pleased with and would have bought their 3W if it came out earlier in the summer.

I think they're a great company doing awesome things. As a side note their wedges are on sale right now for 99.99 which is a pretty awesome price.

Merged with existing thread

I know this is off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. I have used and actually liked the Hopkins VL-Pro golf balls. I just went to order some more and saw that they got rid of their bulk discount pricing. Anyone have any guesses as to why? Im thinking either because its late in the golf season or because they are moving toward getting out of the ball market.

Anyone have any ideas or actual knowledge? thank you

I gamed my new 60* and old 56* this weekend. The 60* was solid after some time with it and did everything I asked of it, the 56* was solid as well. Need to get to the short game area and dial them both in but don't expect that to take too much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b5fd25c2b9e25b51ac3d31fb7bdbbd31.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I figured I would share for those who are looking for a quality wedge at a great price. Rodger Dunn/Golf Mart is selling the remaining stock of these at 2 wedges for $100. I asked to add a third at the same price and they did it. $150 for a good wedge set!

Enjoy them. They made a decent product at a good price.
Company not being around anymore doesn't change that.

I still have my 50/54* and they will likely stay as my back up set (since I personalized them). Very good clubs at a very good price.

b5fd25c2b9e25b51ac3d31fb7bdbbd31.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I figured I would share for those who are looking for a quality wedge at a great price. Rodger Dunn/Golf Mart is selling the remaining stock of these at 2 wedges for $100. I asked to add a third at the same price and they did it. $150 for a good wedge set!

Nice pickup Scott.

Enjoy them. They made a decent product at a good price.
Company not being around anymore doesn't change that.

Interesting to see VJ still rocking the Hopkins visor at the Players this weekend.

I still have my 50/54* and they will likely stay as my back up set (since I personalized them). Very good clubs at a very good price.

Still gaming my 58, with the channel grind and it's fantastic

Interesting to see VJ still rocking the Hopkins visor at the Players this weekend.

It was. I was with someone that worked at Hopkins when we saw it. Pretty funny, considering they closed up shop a while ago.
VJ did have money in the company though, and not a ton of takers on line 2, if you get my drift.

I also think Greg was or is VJ's manager. Greg still has an office in Orange County and google says he is open 5 days a week from 9 to 5.

Back