Graphite vs Steel Iron Shafts

Graphite across the board for me. I have a little arthritis in my hands and the graphite seems to help.

I have steel shafts atm, but when I can afford it I'll be looking to switch to graphite I think.

I have used both steel and graphite. I discovered Aerotech Steel Fiber shafts (95i) and I probably will never use another type shaft, best of both worlds. I still use steel with my wedges.

I am another that has graphite in everything except my wedges and putter. I changed over to protect my arthritic hands and lower back a little. I think it is working somewhat.

I use lighter steel in irons (NS Pro 1050GH and KBS Tour 90) and heavier steel in wedges (DG). I have tried some Recoil and Aerotech options before though, and they feel really nice. They're just a little too expensive for my taste right now when I don't notice a big difference in performance.

Steel for irons & wedges. Graphite for driver & hybrids. Never really thought of graphite for the irons but may have to look into thar

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Steel only in wedges and putter for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel - XP 95 in 4-AW and Steel S300 in wedges.

I have steel, but after using Kang's steel fiber shafts in Branson I'm seriously considering a change for the joint pain relief and smoothness.

I have steel, but after using Kang's steel fiber shafts in Branson I'm seriously considering a change for the joint pain relief and smoothness.
Matrix program f15. Not steelfiber

Everything in the bag bar the putter.

Personally, Im a fan of graphite even in irons. You wouldnt play steel shafts in your woods, why would you play them in your irons?

Currently have graphite in woods and steel in irons. I am wondering with the fact I am 51, getting a little harder to swing steel if going to graphite would be a good thing in the irons?

I am actually debating on going to the aerotech steelfiber 110's from my dg x100's. with a bad back and joint pain I think it may be time... but with the new 716 ap 2's coming out I am thinking I will wait and get them in those.

Been playing graphite off and on for a while now. Made the executive decision to go all in on a set with RIP SLT 115 shafts. Great feel and really help keep my flight down. Played steelfiber for a bit and they are beasts, but stiff was a touch soft for me. Gave them to my dad and he is now able to play twice a week with no pain in the joints.

20150707_153647_zpsrzevfczr.jpg

Long Iron 4 and 5, I use graphite shaft for lighter loading, plus 1 inch for extra distance.

Iron 6,7,8,9,P and wedges, standard steel shaft.

Back