Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf - Extra Rounds & Travel Thread

I don't care about the course, as long as Nate and I can get to LAX with enough time.

Oak Quarry looks like it's 65 miles from HB then 65 miles back to LAX meaning a planned 1.5-2 hour drive I'm guessing. If we needed to find something closer to LAX I'm fine with that too. I just don't know where all the courses are down in Lost Angeles.

Oak Quarry looks like it's 65 miles from HB then 65 miles back to LAX meaning a planned 1.5-2 hour drive I'm guessing. If we needed to find something closer to LAX I'm fine with that too. I just don't know where all the courses are down in Lost Angeles.
Quarry is generally north of OC and East of LAX. Its been too many years for me...can't think of any courses between the two airports that is worth the effort. Maybe the locals can chime in.

Quarry is generally north of OC and East of LAX. Its been too many years for me...can't think of any courses between the two airports that is worth the effort. Maybe the locals can chime in.
Splurge on Pelican Hills. Close to HB and probably 40 miles to LAX. Pricey but worth it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Splurge on Pelican Hills. Close to HB and probably 40 miles to LAX. Pricey but worth it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, 3 bills is not in the T4K golf budget.

Any news on this front?

As we have said, its very hard to get a hotel to work with a group when only 3-4 rooms are getting booked and everybody's travel dates are different. We have called several, but I recommend taking a look around and booking one if you like the rate and location.

As we have said, its very hard to get a hotel to work with a group when only 3-4 rooms are getting booked and everybody's travel dates are different. We have called several, but I recommend taking a look around and booking one if you like the rate and location.

I might have missed it, but is there an address to reference when booking s hotel?

I might have missed it, but is there an address to reference when booking s hotel?

abfe80ff3f14a5d26e96de5ecf6f4995.jpg

JB,
Didn't you mention a Hyatt being fairly close by?

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

JB,
Didn't you mention a Hyatt being fairly close by?

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

THe Hyatt Regency near Disney Land is about 20 minutes and I ahve stayed there many times.
The Hyatt House Cypress is about 10 minutes away and I have stayed there as well. If you get the suite at Hyatt House (most rooms are suites), its very comfortable.

Unfortunately, 3 bills is not in the T4K golf budget.
yikes. Mine either. I didn't pay anything near that, more like $160 or something, but granted thst was like six years ago

I don't know much about LA golf courses but found some lists online when searching for the best ones in LA. Here are some the courses with their prices and distances.

[h=4]Course[/h]RateDistance from Cleveland HQ
Distance from LAX
Angeles National Golf Club$13052 miles38 miles
Black & Gold Golf Club$11927 miles42 miles
Trump National Golf Club$28022 miles24 miles
Oak Quarry Golf Club$9555 miles71 miles
Pelican Hill Golf Club$31520 miles48 miles
Industry hills (2 courses)$110/7434 miles36 miles
Lost Canyons$7571 miles42 miles
Monarch Beach Golf Links$15932 miles60 miles
Moorpark Country Club$12583 miles51 miles
Oak Creek Golf Club$18019 miles46 miles
Tustin Ranch Golf Club$16520 miles45 miles
Robinson Ranch Golf Club$11766 miles40 miles
Talega Golf Club$11039 miles66 miles
Arroyo Trabuco$10529 miles57 miles
Rustic Canyon Golf Course$6676 miles46 miles
Los Robles Golf Course$5172 miles42 miles
De Bell Golf Club$4042 miles31 miles

Paging MD441 for a special THP rate...

I am staying at the Super 8 in Long Beach because thats how I roll.

While the Fup posse is hanging in Long Beach my crib is the Best Western Regency in Huntington Beach.

Its hard to ignore a property with this type of amenity for this particular trip

56cd561e454b0c9489715afe5bc71fe8.jpg

Man I am way behind where I need to be on my prep for this event! Work has been insanely busy these past few weeks so I've been somewhat lapsed to other duties.

I need to try and get this all booked this week now. Hopefully I'll end up at a hotel with other THPers there. I've seen the Bet Western and Super 8 tossed around, so I'll take a look at both. I was debating on coming in Thursday night just because I know the 405 traffic can kill anyone's dream of getting somewhere on time and I would hate to be late trying to get through traffic.

Papa (Scott) and I are likely going to share a room. We are both interested in staying where most of the rest of you are going to be so we can maximize the fun. Fuppy and Duffer have declared their intentions, and it sounds like Josh is likely to stay at one of the Hyatts. I'm fine with Best Western or Hyatt. What about the rest of you, any strong preferences about where you want to stay?

I am excited to get a round in with some THPers for this event and following an epic live thread.

0d9b9176c646ad2d3065c43c4eed33cf.jpg

Nate & I are staying at the Hyatt House Cypress

The first post is updated with Sunday golf and lodging info.

Back