Taylormade Hat Advertisement

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
Every time Taylormade puts out new equipment, all I can do is see the logo on all their players's hats. After a few hours of watching it on TV, it starts to look like this to me:

I feel like this is appropriate. I hope you get the humor.

Spoiler
1422501511549.jpg

I feel like this is appropriate. I hope you get the humor.

Spoiler
1422501511549.jpg

Lol.

It's like cut to Jason Day...M1, cut to Duston Johnson M1, etc. etc.

Sounds like their intended purpose is working I'd say. The whole point is for it to be noticed. kind of like that watch commercial. haha

I like the looks of the hat though. I might get it even if I'm not playing the driver.

I think my irk comes from the TM player branding in general. I guess it's not bad. I just don't like it. Just personal preference.

I like it when guys can have their own look: Ryo, Gmac, Fowler, Tiger, Luke Donald, heck even Horschel.

None of the TM guys just has a look. They kinda remind me of the field trip kids you see at a theme park all wearing the same t shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I am missing something...
Don't all those players you mention wear either Callaway, Srixon, Puma, Nike, Mizuno or Ping hats?
I agree, Rickie has the most distinct look in the PGA, but it's not just his hat.
It's just advertisement and they must get paid to where the hat.

I do like that hat in the OP !

I guess I am missing something...
Don't all those players you mention wear either Callaway, Srixon, Puma, Nike, Mizuno or Ping hats?
I agree, Rickie has the most distinct look in the PGA, but it's not just his hat.
It's just advertisement and they must get paid to where the hat.

I do like that hat in the OP !

They do all wear their brand's hats. I was mostly making a joke more than anything. The TM players are just too field trip matchy matchy for me.

A deeper problem I think I have is the Adidas triple stripe. They're clothes have just looked the same for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the looks of the hat though. I might get it even if I'm not playing the driver.
They got you. You'll buy the hat and then think you might as well try the driver to match.

Sounds like clever marketing on TMAG's part to me. Love it or hate it, the fact that we're talking about it is proof that it works.

Sounds like clever marketing on TMAG's part to me. Love it or hate it, the fact that we're talking about it is proof that it works.

We also talked about ebola when it was in the news, but that didn't make me want it :p

They got you. You'll buy the hat and then think you might as well try the driver to match.

Lol, nah maybe that happens with others but I'm able to separate buying a hat I like and a driver that fits my game, even if they don't match.

Back