Not sure if I should switch

jnug

Reaction score
Posted something similar in the Equipment forum. Figured I better ask you as well.

Currently my driver is a TM SuperTri, 10.5 degree. I am having trouble keeping them down. Now I do balloon them on occasion. When I balloon one invariably it will also be something of a weak slice as well. Driver has been one of the tougher clubs for me since coming back to the game. However I really do like this driver.

Where I am concerned is that when I do not balloon one, when I hit one dead on, while the ball flies straight as an arrow the trajectory is still too high costing me valuable yards. Do you think that is the sure sign that I need to go to a 9.5 degree version of this driver? I thought 10.5 would be right because I was just coming back to the game and did not ever think I was a candidate for long driving contests. So I thought the 10.5 was the safe bet. However when I hit it dead on and the ball flight is still too high I really begin to wonder what to do other than change to a 9.5 degree.

I know this is not much information but based on what I have provided what do you think…..change to a 9.5?.....Do something else?

Doing a little more reading on the topic it does appear that some folks are complaining that the 10.5 degree Supertri even with the stock stiff shaft can yield some rather high trajectory shots. Now I am wondering if I need to change to a 9.5 and makes some sort of a shaft change as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
I would go down the range and ask if you can trial some drivers and see how you get on. It's the only way of really knowing.

This is the ask the pro section. We try and leave these questions clear until the THP Pro has had a chance to come in and answer them. Thanks.

You are right I would like some info on the shots if possible. Do you have access to a launch moniter? If you do I would like some info from it. I would like Launch angle, Spin rate, club head speed, side spin, and ball speed. This would allow me to get you much more info. If not a ball being launched like that the first thing to change is the loft. Shaft will cause the ball to climb, but not launch to high to start. Let me know what you can do.

Thanks. I will see if I can come up with some numbers for you.

Back