What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played Srixon Z-star xv yesterday. Quite impressed. May be a touch shorter w irons than I am used to. Just the right amount of spin on approach shots.
Today, played Callaway Hex Black and SR2. The Hex Black really spun on approach shots as compared to the SR2. Both were nice off the tee and irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Srixon Z-star xv yesterday. Quite impressed. May be a touch shorter w irons than I am used to. Just the right amount of spin on approach shots.
Today, played Callaway Hex Black and SR2. The Hex Black really spun on approach shots as compared to the SR2. Both were nice off the tee and irons.

How have you been liking the SR2? I have been playing the SR3 lately and it reminds me a lot of the Tour i(Z) which I really liked.

How have you been liking the SR2? I have been playing the SR3 lately and it reminds me a lot of the Tour i(Z) which I really liked.

It worked well for me. Used it for only 4 holes but I was even using that ball. I have a few sleeves around, will see how they behave.

FG Tour. Shot a PB so I'd say it performed admirably. I LOVE it around the green and on approaches.

FG Tour. Shot a PB so I'd say it performed admirably. I LOVE it around the green and on approaches.
Congress on the PB

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Srixon Q Star Tour Yellow

Srixon Q Star Tour Yellow

Srixon Q Star Tour Yellow - After the reading through the thread about people picking up other peoples ball, I decided to grab the Sharpy and initial a couple sleeves of balls headed for the bag. One of the balls felt like it had my signature cart path customization but it was brand new. After going through a couple packs I realized that the dimples have a pretty defined edge to them in spots. I hadn't noticed it out of the pack when I played them yesterday but I did notice after the 27 holes that I played, that they were toast. While in play they played well. At one point I dropped a DT Solo just to compare and it was like hitting a small stone. So the feel is there for me. The quality assurance out the door seems to be spotty, but for what I paid, I will not complain. I started playing Srixon after having bought a single to try and really liking it... despite being a little rough out of the pack, the ball did not disappoint.

Switched from the chrome soft to the FG tour and love it. Spins very well on the short irons and feels great on the putter. Durability isn't much of a concern with them either.

Had a guy laugh at me when he saw a Wilson ball and asked if I lost a bet. I let it go and two holes later put some real spin on a wedge that hit and spun way back to the hole. He asked if I switched to another ball and I laughed and said no, it's the Wilson. Perhaps some education was had in that moment.

B330 RX, love the ball. Not that there aren't a lot of good balls out there these days I picked up a bunch of these when the price was down to $34.99 and haven't managed to lose them all yet. Not that I have not tried.. For the price at $37.99 for the B330 or $37.99 for the chrome soft I will probably stick with the B330 RX.

Played the Callaway Supersoft for 1 round. I felt like I may have been a little longer with it than my usual Pro-V1x l, but I think I'll reserve judgement until I play a few more rounds. I did split a ball open on a 6 iron approach, which I thought was strange, but the other 2 in the sleeve held up fine.

Played the Vice Pro today for 9. It was my best round ever for 9. Loved the ball. The best thing honestly was well it kept up during the round for being a "higher quality ball".

I have played the Snell "My Tour Ball" this year too. I found the Vice very similar. One difference that might make me switch is that Vice sells theirs in yellow.

Played the Srixon q star for the first time today. Awesome ball especially around the greens

Played the Chrome Speed today. I don't think Callaway recognizes it's existence, but I sure do. Wow this thing is pretty good for me. Great off the driver and irons and checked up well with wedges. Great durability, used 1 the entire round and only scuffs on it were from 4 tree strikes. Glad I grabbed 3 doz.

ZStar. Thing thing spins like crazy around the greens. I spun a PW 25 ft back today. Never done that before. Love how soft it feels off of the irons, but almost spun too much for me on short irons. Will probably go back to playing ProV1x, but I do enjoy putting the ZStar in play whenever I do.

Cally Chrome Soft, really enjoying it

Started my round with a yellow B330RX to try and keep an eye on it in the mist and got my usual flight and what I have come to expect from it

I switched to a refurbished Pro V1 that I had in my bag to play the last half a dozen holes and it certainly had some bite on the greens but it was difficult to tell with how damp they were. I don't know if it was the damp conditions as well but it felt a bit shorter than the Bridgestone and Callaway balls I usually play

Chrome soft yellow on friday. I will give them another shot but so far it looks like I will be stocking up on the SR2 and 3 while they are on sale for 30 bucks. They are a great balls. Im right on the "edge" with a average of a 107-110 swing speed according to my last few times on the sim. So both balls work well.

Bridgestone B330-RX. Loved it. I was playing the Tour B330 before (that's what Bridgestone's ball fitting software told me). I think I got a bit more distance out of this one than the Tour. Hit my driver and irons well with it. Anything 7I and up stopped immediately on the green next to the crater it created.

played the B330 rxs I didn't love it and after 1 hole they were getting scuffed up pretty good, preferred the B330. Also had a found Titleist Velocity ball and played that for a few holes it was better than I thought and couldn't loose the sucker.

Played the Chrome Speed today. I don't think Callaway recognizes it's existence, but I sure do. Wow this thing is pretty good for me. Great off the driver and irons and checked up well with wedges. Great durability, used 1 the entire round and only scuffs on it were from 4 tree strikes. Glad I grabbed 3 doz.
Played 9 yesterday evening, I knew I couldn't fit a whole round in and I had the front of the course to myself so I was playing multiple balls per hole. I had two Chrome Speeds and two 2014 ProV1s and I get very similar distance and spin from them both, although the Chrome Speed feels firmer. Lostgolfballs has/had a sale on the ProV1s so I picked up a bunch of AAAA quality for even less than the $20/dozen of the Speeds from MG Golf so I'll be gaming ProV1s the rest of the season. Chrome Speed is absolutely a top tier premium ball though as long as you like the firmness.

Srixon q star. Actually like it. Overall good distance and feel. Will keep using it for a while to see if I prefer it over the nxt tour

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Chrome soft today. I just cannot get along with these off my putter. Its a Taylormade rossa so a super soft insert and just cannot get the distance of these down.

Went back to my wilson staff duo. Felt really good with it around the green.

I was playing Duo Spins yesterday, until all of them decided to go for a swim or that they hated my irons and went flying off to the right. I ended the day playing the last 3 holes with a ProV1x, my first time ever playing that ball. I hit one of the best drives I've ever had with it, and it felt really nice off of my putter. Left a few pitches short though, not being used to it around the greens.

Another round with the Chrome Soft and another round where I come away asking myself why I bother playing another ball. It's been said before, but the distance I generate with this ball off the tee is huge for me and the feel throughout the bag is a plus also.

Moved to the B330 all weekend.

I effing love it.

Back