Got a call from our sons daycare. He has a fever of 102.9. Left work and picked him up and he is absolutely on fire. Some Tylenol and an appointment with his pediatrician at 2 this afternoon should help but man he is miserable and I feel awful for him

I'm sure they will tell you this, and you may already know it, but rotate Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3 hours to help with the fever. Our pediatrician told us to do this when Andrew's temp got real high.

Hope he feels better soon.

I'm sure they will tell you this, and you may already know it, but rotate Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3 hours to help with the fever. Our pediatrician told us to do this when Andrew's temp got real high.

This is really the best way to manage fevers. I do the same.

This is really the best way to manage fevers. I do the same.

We were also told by a pharmacist that a fever over 102, you can use Advil, instead of one of the others but only until the fever falls below 102. I guess it kicks the fever in the teeth a little harder but is also harder on the GI tract. There is way too much to know about raising a kid. I wish someone would write a dang owners manual for them. :act-up:

Got a call from our sons daycare. He has a fever of 102.9. Left work and picked him up and he is absolutely on fire. Some Tylenol and an appointment with his pediatrician at 2 this afternoon should help but man he is miserable and I feel awful for him

That always sucks. I think that it the single hardest thing about being a father (especially for the "I can fix everything" guys like me) just having to watch knowing there's not really anything you can do to make it better.

Hope the little dude gets to feeling better soon.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

We do this, BUT was told only to use ibuprofen/motrin on kids over 6 months of age.

Hope the kiddo gets to feeling better PhillyV.

We do this, BUT was told only to use ibuprofen/motrin on kids over 6 months of age.

Good point. Follow ONLY what your doctor says. I'm not a doctor, although it is one of the skills my wife apparently thinks I have, along with being an exterminator and bug expert.

As an old man with 4 kids, you should cherish every moment because you can never get it back!! Enjoy them folks, they won't stay little for long!!!!

17 month old who woke up completely fine, got call from daycare at 11am with a 103 fever. Took him to pediatrician as this is normally an ear infection (he has tubes) and peds said no signs of anything. 103 fever, for no reason. Sounds legit to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 month old who woke up completely fine, got call from daycare at 11am with a 103 fever. Took him to pediatrician as this is normally an ear infection (he has tubes) and peds said no signs of anything. 103 fever, for no reason. Sounds legit to me.

Hope he gets better soon. Cc: PhillyV

I had asked my son if he would consider giving up presents at his 11th birthday party and instead invite people to give to a charity. He pretty enthusiastically said yes, and we proceeded to pick one together (a local hospital's NICU unit that cared for him when he was born). I was a bit surprised and pretty proud of him. Fast forward to this morning and I ask him if he would like to invite more kids. I was thinking about turnout and such. His first reaction: "We can raise more money for the charity. Yes." I was really impressed and really proud of him, and gave him a big hug.

Raising quite the little philanthropist there Frank! Very cool and very mature of your little guy.

Teething maybe? We get symtoms with our little guy (23 months). Sometimes the infection isnt big enough to show it self yet, but we have seen when new teeth come in that he will get congested and run a fever sometimes.

First soccer game of the season and first game ever for my oldest and I could not be more proud of her. She played halfback and goalie and loved every minute of it. She didn't allow any goals and toward the end of the game she was directing her defensive backs into position.

Having played the position for 9yrs myself, it got pretty dusty outside or my allergies were acting up.

d57b66b8eca9a6c257dfad68e30c49b8.jpg

Nick got bit again (#5) but in all honestly, this time he asked for it ... reaching for another kids food during lunchtime. However, it seems that it's more than just Nick being bit (he hasn't bitten anyone ... yet) and they emailed all the parents letting them know that they've been tracking the situation, have noted the times most of the biting happens and are bringing in another staff member during that time to help with the monitoring. They're also going to break the kids down into groups for structured playtime, as well as stepping up their language development activities so that the kids can properly express themselves. Kudos to the daycare (IMO) for actively tracking and monitoring the situation and taking steps to alleviate the issue. Better than just saying "it's a phase, it'll pass" and leaving it at that.

So these two turn 1 month old today. Holy cow the first month flew by...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
Have more kids they said. It'll be so fun and fulfilling they said

Have more kids they said. It'll be so fun and fulfilling they said

The next family member needs to either have four legs or fins and gills

I'm going on my first Scout's camping trip with my son next weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

698ffa7b7776f26a8ddfb28da7faf195.jpg
446825cd35c9db37a20c1cc2ca4e7ebb.jpg
Two very different outcomes after Disney last week.

So yesterday, my son tells me (actually reminds me because I already knew) that one of the kids in his class couldn't find their lunch about a month ago so they ate his. I think he was pissed that they ate his cheese balls and he didn't get any. So I asked him when this happened. His answer, 58,000 years ago. Hmm...either he's got a wild imagination or he is a dinosaur reincarnated. You got to love what comes out of a 4 year olds mouth.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So yesterday, my son tells me (actually reminds me because I already knew) that one of the kids in his class couldn't find their lunch about a month ago so they ate his. I think he was pissed that they ate his cheese balls and he didn't get any. So I asked him when this happened. His answer, 58,000 years ago. Hmm...either he's got a wild imagination or he is a dinosaur reincarnated. You got to love what comes out of a 4 year olds mouth.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Their perception of time is so very different than ours, my daughter has a default answer or one hour for anything. "How long is the bus trip home". An hour (probably closer to 20 minutes). How long have you been awake? Probably an hour (more like 6 hours dear).

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

First day in the books with my girls alone while mom is on her girls trip to Vegas.

So far so good. We painted their nails and had a tea party. They stayed up late (9:30) and I let them sleep in the living room in their sleeping bags.
I've earned #1 dad for the day.

I've introduced my girls to Tom & Jerry...they can't get enough and it's awesome

Back