Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have one soon, I guess you need to make a trip to Missouri

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That would be a damn good time - but I could essentially just take that money and put it to the M1! haha

Stop being hard to get along with :p

That would be a damn good time - but I could essentially just take that money and put it to the M1! haha

I can not get graphite shafts in my irons out of my head.
Trying to decide whether to pony up for the matrix F15 or go recoil or steel fiber. decisions, decisions......

I can not get graphite shafts in my irons out of my head.
Trying to decide whether to pony up for the matrix F15 or go recoil or steel fiber. decisions, decisions......
Depends on what you're looking for really profile wise. Three super different options there.

Depends on what you're looking for really profile wise. Three super different options there.
Main thing is wanting relief on my surgically repaired arm (that sounds better than I am getting old lol)
Going to demo f15's this this week :)

Was talking to jlukes today about this, for the first time since 2013 I have been in ponder mode. I have nothing between my driver and five iron and I am debating on what to do. I have a barely used Cobra Amp 4/5 hybrid that I am going put in the bag as my 5 iron. Debating on adding another hybrid, three wood or both. I am so out of the loop on clubs since I haven't bought anything in a while but I have a bunch of money towards Golfsmith and I am going to go tomorrow to test some stuff out. Any recommendations?

Was talking to jlukes today about this, for the first time since 2013 I have been in ponder mode. I have nothing between my driver and five iron and I am debating on what to do. I have a barely used Cobra Amp 4/5 hybrid that I am going put in the bag as my 5 iron. Debating on adding another hybrid, three wood or both. I am so out of the loop on clubs since I haven't bought anything in a while but I have a bunch of money towards Golfsmith and I am going to go tomorrow to test some stuff out. Any recommendations?

Really depends what you are looking to accomplish.

How many clubs do you have room for? What are the yardage games you are looking to fill? That would be a good starting point. I know you have the driver-5iron gap, but how many clubs are you looking to slot into that gap? 2? 3? 4?

Main thing is wanting relief on my surgically repaired arm (that sounds better than I am getting old lol)
Going to demo f15's this this week :)

You'll like them. I'd lean hard recoil or f15 though, I'm in the camp that the steel fibers really aren't as beneficial on the joints for impact vibration absorption and diffusion as the other two. I really enjoy my 95s, but I wish I had the 130s.

Really depends what you are looking to accomplish.

How many clubs do you have room for? What are the yardage games you are looking to fill? That would be a good starting point. I know you have the driver-5iron gap, but how many clubs are you looking to slot into that gap? 2? 3? 4?

I have 11 clubs and if I take out the 5 for the hybrid I will still have 11 so plenty of room in the bag. I want to have something in the bag for off the tee because right now if its in between I just choke up on my drive and hope for the best since I am more confident with that than my 5 iron. I also want something for the longer par 4s and par 5s. I hit some really nice shots with the hybrid the other day and forgot how nice it is to have one, I use to love them but just lost confidence.

The mp25s with PX 6.0 are a serious ponder right now. Ap2 still need to hit but was impressed with the mp25s

Apex CF16 4-GW with Tour-V 110
Apex Hybrid in 18*
GBB Heavenwood

Oh, and Cleveland 2135 and putters and Cleveland Wedges.

GBB Heavenwood
Apex Hybrids
Wilson Staff Proto irons

A club that fits into my gapping of hybrid and 5 iron. My 5 goes 205 and hybrid is my 235 club. Thinking a utility or 5 wood.......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Stopped at 2nd Swing on Sunday and randomly hit a few drivers. Can't stop thinking about the Nike Covert Tour 2.0

A club that fits into my gapping of hybrid and 5 iron. My 5 goes 205 and hybrid is my 235 club. Thinking a utility or 5 wood.......

I would think a 7W or a 4i/4h/4 utility would fit the bill. A 5W will probably go further than your 19* hybrid, since it will have a similar loft and a longer shaft.

I would think a 7W or a 4i/4h/4 utility would fit the bill. A 5W will probably go further than your 19* hybrid, since it will have a similar loft and a longer shaft.
Heavenwood maybe......thank Ryan I think it may be a good fit.

Heavenwood maybe......thank Ryan I think it may be a good fit.

Now you're talkin'!

Apex CF 16 4-AW. It's on the mind, and only a matter of time. Meaning next year when the season opens up and I get a full fitting on the cheap.

Divine 9.

Apex CF 16 leaning hard towards them never thought I would look harder at them than the pros but the tech and look is fantastic.

You'll like them. I'd lean hard recoil or f15 though, I'm in the camp that the steel fibers really aren't as beneficial on the joints for impact vibration absorption and diffusion as the other two. I really enjoy my 95s, but I wish I had the 130s.

possible dumb question but if I am used to tour v 110's and goto a 130g graphite shaft would that be contradictory? I am also pondering graphite in my irons to help with back and hip issues but I am afraid of getting irons that are too light and/or throw the ball way up in the air.

of course "way up in the air" probably shouldnt be a concern in light of recent flightscope data.

I have 11 clubs and if I take out the 5 for the hybrid I will still have 11 so plenty of room in the bag. I want to have something in the bag for off the tee because right now if its in between I just choke up on my drive and hope for the best since I am more confident with that than my 5 iron. I also want something for the longer par 4s and par 5s. I hit some really nice shots with the hybrid the other day and forgot how nice it is to have one, I use to love them but just lost confidence.

I think a 4 wood, 16.5 to 18* (versatile for off the tee and the rare shot off the deck), a 19 degree hybrid, and a 23 degree hybrid would give you some nice gaps. Keep the 5 iron in the bag, as I have seen you his some great shots with it. If you want to replace that too, then you can look at a 26* hybrid or so

Apex CF 16 leaning hard towards them never thought I would look harder at them than the pros but the tech and look is fantastic.

#EnablingTheEnabler #TablesHaveTurned

Now you're talkin'!
Now to the model,V series or 815 or GBB. Hmm though choice. Also I would like a Rouge shaft with it. Off to check options.
Divine 9.
James,wouldn't that be too much loft? You saw my swing this weekend,you think it will fit in well with my super high ball flight already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back