Sunday golf anyone?

The wife and i are going to be in Prescott the 19th through the 27th. She and her folks have a week of floating the lazy river getting drunk planned. I do not drink and hate the water...so what better way to spend the vaca than going Mike and his Steam Shovel on the poor Arizona grass? What courses would you recommend in the prescott area for someone who tends to play 40ish dollar type courses as a rule, prefers somewhat open fairways to accomodate his routinely errant drives...and is more about having fun that dialing in a low score?

apologies if this is the wrong place, just looking for local wisdom, thanks in advance

Anyone up for a round in Tucson on Monday or Tuesday of next week?

No biggie, circumstances have forced me to curtail plans to go to Tucson.

Howdy AZ peeps. I'm going to be out there for a week soon. Will be available for golf several days, Oct. 11th through 16th. Anybody want to play?

Arizona Locals

Barry - Anytime Sunday or Monday. Can't play Tuesday. Can play Mornings Wed, Thur, Fri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Barry - Anytime Sunday or Monday. Can't play Tuesday. Mornings Wed, Thur, Fri.

You name the date and I'll be there! We'll have our Project X shafts in full display!

Howdy AZ peeps. I'm going to be out there for a week soon. Will be available for golf several days, Oct. 11th through 16th. Anybody want to play?

I'd be up for it. Out of Spivey's days, Sunday would probably work best for me. I could probably make a Weds/Thurs morning round work too.

I definitely want to get out one of the days. Just need to know the week before if it is a week day ... sign me up if there is room!

What kind of shape is Talking Stick in these days, anyone play recently? Is it self managed now that its not managed by Troon; conditions still good? I played there years ago when it was just one course, maybe 2005ish. Anyone know which was the original course - North or South?
Might try to play there Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th.

What kind of shape is Talking Stick in these days, anyone play recently? Is it self managed now that its not managed by Troon; conditions still good? I played there years ago when it was just one course, maybe 2005ish. Anyone know which was the original course - North or South?
Might try to play there Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th.
I think the south course will be closed by then for overseeding.

It was in good shape last time I played. Good price point, also.

I think the south course will be closed by then for overseeding.
Yep sure is. North only one open while I'm there. I remember really liking the course I played there, but not sure which one it was. Any big differences between the two?

South is more parkland style and lush while the north is more of a minimalist desert design. I really enjoyed the north and found it different than any other desert course I've played

North is harder, longer, and more desert than South.

It was definitely North then. Wasn't parkland style. Decent rate of $75 so I think I'll play there for sure one day.

Do you guys know what days and if there is room for a hacker?

Do you guys know what days and if there is room for a hacker?
Sure thing man, would be glad to play with you. I'm thinking Friday, Oct 16 for Talking Stick. I'd like to play somewhere on Wed and Thurs too.

Anyone up for a round Sunday?

Any one up for a morning round in the NW valley?

Sorry Golfjunki71, I can't make it over to north Scottsdale tomorrow.

Sure thing man, would be glad to play with you. I'm thinking Friday, Oct 16 for Talking Stick. I'd like to play somewhere on Wed and Thurs too.

Add me to Fri round at Talking Stick if it is a morning round. I need to be at work by 3pm.

Add me to Fri round at Talking Stick if it is a morning round. I need to be at work by 3pm.

AM is a must for me on a Fri. Last night in town so will be spending the late afternoon and evening with my daughter.

AM is a must for me on a Fri. Last night in town so will be spending the late afternoon and evening with my daughter.

I have rearranged my schedule and can make the Fri round.

Anything on the other days? (Not sure I can get off or not)

Back