Microsoft & Taylormade Team up - Microsoft Band/GPS/Scorecard

Yep, that's another issue ... battery life. Having the GPS in the band is a great idea, but obviously comes at a high price.

So the Taylormade Myround pro is available....just wondering if anyone has used it with the MS band yet?

So the Taylormade Myround pro is available....just wondering if anyone has used it with the MS band yet?

The band has dropped in price recently too. Currently 179.99, but a couple days ago they had it down to 149.99, which makes me think there might be a 2.0 out on the horizon. I have gone to a couple stores locally to check it out, but no where seems to have a floor model to try on first.

The Band 2.0 is guaranteed. M$ has mentioned they are working on it. No details, no expected release, just that they are working on another.

I personally could not wear a Microsoft Band while golfing. It's just a bit too 'rigid' for comfort.

~Rock

The Band 2.0 is guaranteed. M$ has mentioned they are working on it. No details, no expected release, just that they are working on another.

I personally could not wear a Microsoft Band while golfing. It's just a bit too 'rigid' for comfort.

~Rock
Also too small. I printed out that sizing chart and not even the Large will go around my wrist. But if it's that rigid, I'd be out anyway.

The band has dropped in price recently too. Currently 179.99, but a couple days ago they had it down to 149.99, which makes me think there might be a 2.0 out on the horizon. I have gone to a couple stores locally to check it out, but no where seems to have a floor model to try on first.

Even from Microsoft they have dropped the price to $179.99....and I got am email about the Myround Pro yesterday and if you use the promo code "Taylormade" it takes another $20 off

Anyone looking to pick one of these up, today is a great day. Best Buy is selling it until 3pm CT for $100. If you want an even better deal, you can price match at your local Target at $100, then use a 25% off Cartwheel coupon. I got mine for $79 after tax. You can do even better if you have the Red card with 5% off.

Anyone looking to pick one of these up, today is a great day. Best Buy is selling it until 3pm CT for $100. If you want an even better deal, you can price match at your local Target at $100, then use a 25% off Cartwheel coupon. I got mine for $79 after tax. You can do even better if you have the Red card with 5% off.

nice find! Microsoft is supposedly announcing their Band 2 on the 2th, along with the Surface Pro 4 and new Lumia phones, so assuming everyone is trying to dump inventory before then.

nice find! Microsoft is supposedly announcing their Band 2 on the 2th, along with the Surface Pro 4 and new Lumia phones, so assuming everyone is trying to dump inventory before then.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. I figure at $80 it doesn't hurt to try out for a little while.

I've used the taylormade app for a few rounds. It does a decent job tracking scores but doesn't count short putts, you can manually add or remove strokes though so its no issue. I find the band to be comfortable. I also like how it plots your heart rate and score for each hole. It makes for some interesting data. Using the GPS will last a little over one round. It updates pretty quickly which is nice. From a non golf standpoint I love mine. It does everything I want and with the microsoft health app it puts everything in simple graphs and charts.

I ended up finding a MS band on ebay for $85 so I grabbed it......I have about 10 rounds in with the Taylormade Myround Pro and it's pretty cool. The band tracks all of your shots, you just have to check to make sure it captures putts....but even when it doesn't it's just a swipe to add the stroke.....same with penalty shots....just swipe to add a stroke.

Once your done you log onto the TM site and edit your round by adding which club your used for what shots...the stats a pretty good and definately show you where you need work.

The MS Band 2 is on preorder. Can't wait to try it out.

Back