The Golf Ramble Thread

We're at 200% of budgeted rounds and 180% of budgeted revenue for the first 13 days of the month, so we are almost at everything for the rest of November being gravy. Which is good, since the cold is coming.

Skipping out of work a little early - off to the range! Woohoo!!

Being a new player, I really wish that I had more consistent instruction with regards to my swing. Every lesson I have some solid progress, then working on it out at the range I can feel certain things coming unglued and wish there were someone to help me with it.

Went to see my teacher last night for a lesson. When I got there he asked me if I was ok waiting about 10 minutes. A couple of his other students were using the studio and they were just finishing up. We went back to the studio and as the two guys were finishing up. As we walked in one of the guys was hitting driver. Really nice swing 113 club head speed on the trackman. He gets done and my teacher introduces me. We talk for a little bit and I find out he is playing on the Asian tour and is leaving for Japan shortly.

The 2nd guy also a tour player (we had meet before) steps up to hit a couple of drivers to finish up. My teacher turns to me and says want to see what 126 mph club head speed looks like. 2nd guy hits 4 drivers all at 126 or 128 mph club head speed on the trackman. Pretty cool experience and it was crazy to see someone with that kind of club head speed.

Someone lost this out on the course recently. I'd be willing to bet they are probably a low handicapper!

f4a653b73dd1f9db185a1639d8ab6aa9.jpg

But also in need of some club care skills.

I've said it once, I'll say it a million times. For your value there is no better buy in golf than the Lamkin Gripes. They are fantastic and do such a great job. I was cleaning my clubs and going through my bag and saw I had an old package stuff in the bottom, the pack was from Christmas last year and it had one wipe left which was still saturated and it worked like it was new. I'll never not have these in the bag.

A kind of a HHJJ. Looks like the temps aren't going to be reaching 37° until after noon on Saturday and Sunday, which means we won't be opening the golf course (as of now). So it looks like we finally get a weekend off.

Getting to play golf for the first time in about 8 weeks on Friday. It is about time!

First round of my club's net match play championship is Sunday. I have been practicing and playing a bunch over the last two weeks. My putting seems to have left me, tho, with multiple 3 putt greens over the last three rounds.
Guess we shall see what happens!

I just got an email notice that my Razr Fit adapter for the shaft we got at the retreat a couple of weekends ago is out for delivery today.

I bought a new driver yesterday. It uses a different adapter.

I'm on the verge of having a full Callaway bag again.

Love playing in sub 40's weather the course is wide open and I can get a round in in under 2 hrs.

Gave away my match today. Lost 1 up. Had two really bad lies in bunkers, leading to double bogey where bogey on either 17 or 18 would have sealed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave away my match today. Lost 1 up. Had two really bad lies in bunkers, leading to double bogey where bogey on either 17 or 18 would have sealed it.

Sucks losing like that! I am sure you will get them next time!

I'm tired of not being able to play already! Between daylight saving, working 6 or 7 days a week, and the weather I haven't been able to play or get to the range for about 3 weeks and I know it's only gonna get worse. I was gonna try to play yesterday, it looked like we had about a 2 hour window to get in 9 before our current storm set in and none of the courses nearby were even open.

I'm tired of not being able to play already! Between daylight saving, working 6 or 7 days a week, and the weather I haven't been able to play or get to the range for about 3 weeks and I know it's only gonna get worse. I was gonna try to play yesterday, it looked like we had about a 2 hour window to get in 9 before our current storm set in and none of the courses nearby were even open.

Same. I can get to the range more often and hit foam balls in my yard. Was going to go for 9 today, but it's raining now.Bah!

I am going to play the full winter with a 47 inch driver. This is the shaft we got at the staff retreat. I put an adapter and grip on it and didn't cut it down at all.

Early returns are promising. Today's rounds were the best I have hit it so far. I just gotta trust that I am going to hit it straighter than I am used to.

Not practicing equals old habits come back into the swing and wreck the game, but a little work and instruction will get it back.

I am going to play the full winter with a 47 inch driver. This is the shaft we got at the staff retreat. I put an adapter and grip on it and didn't cut it down at all.

Early returns are promising. Today's rounds were the best I have hit it so far. I just gotta trust that I am going to hit it straighter than I am used to.

I hope you get to swinging that beast with confidence and crush the ball.

Might have a chance to go use a track man tomorrow. Haven't swung a club in a while so it could be interesting.

Hopefully weather holds out for a bit so i can practice putting tom

I freaking love this game. The outdoors, the strategy, the skill it demands, the emotions it brings out, the equipment, the apparel.

Love it all!

My buddy liked my SeeMore Giant. I sold it to him. One round after I had 30 putts.
Not sure it was a good decision on my part, but he is really happy.

Looks like we're playing golf near London next month. Jacqui is asking her sister what the name of their club is, so hopefully I will be able to check it out tomorrow.

Back