What's your go to shot?

Most comfortable shot in my bag right now is 180 yard 6 iron. Nice and easy and straight.

Any yardage from 110 and in.

Baby fade 3W.

125 yard full swing PW

95 yd 54* wedge. #Money.

3 wood off the tee if tight, if not driver.

Driver off the tee would be my first thought. Approach wise give me a 70yd shot with my 50*

Off the tee it's a slinging draw with a 3 hybrid. Into the green I want 100 yards I feel comfortable going after that with a 50 or 54 depending on the flag.

Driver or mid irons from the fairway .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

A 7 iron from ~155 yards out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a putt 15 ft and in and we'll call it a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The shot I have the most confidence in for myself would be 40-45 yards out with my LW.

Anything 120 and in. I'm using AW for 120 full swing, or 3/4 for the 100 yard shot.

PW at 130yds

55° from the deep rough back onto the fairway.
Editing this. I know that's where I would be, whether intended or not. Saying that, most of my GIR have come from these off piste excursions.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
60 yard pitch shot with 54* wedge.

Gap wedge from 110 or Pitching wedge from 130yds

52 wedge from 125.

I am partial to 18 inch birdie putts

So its the final day, final round of #TheGrandaddy and your match is AS going into 18 and your match determines who walks away with the belt. What is your go to shot that you want? Could be anything. Specific club off the tee, yardage to a green, anything that you can count on to be a good shot. For me, i would say it would be a 5 wood off the tee.

The fact that your talking about winning a tied event on the 18th hole I think the question is kind of a moot point. I mean in that situation your going to be faced with whatever shot/s you need to make in order to try to win regardless of whether or not any of them are a "go-to" shot for you.
I think the question is better asked for when one may be struggling in casual golf and not playing well. Where as whats the shot that can help get you back on track and making good strikes again.

58 deg Nike Rusty VR Tour Wedge / DG Spinner (stamped TW) 90-100y out. Birdie chances :act-up:

Lately I have been teeing off on par 5's with 3i/5w, to next lay up to 100y

I have eliminated a poor drive, and a missed 3w at the green. These are two shots that have a higher element of risk

**Worst you can do is two putt par, or really bad up n down par, or entirely F-it-Up...up, not down bogey

Compare all this to Driver off tee, then fairway shot (3w/5w), then pitching out of green side rough or bunker. 75% you will not hit or hold a green with a 3w/5w/2-3Hy on Par 5's

With this game plan on par 5's... I am gaining more use & familiarity of my 58* wedge under pressure.

Last edited:
my 56* from 100 out. It's a guaranteed chance at birdie

I would say this as well. Once I discovered that I could use it outside of sand a new universe opened for me. It is my favorite club to hit and the most consistent.

This distance with my 54* SW though. Just nice smooth swing and I hit within 20 to 15 feet often.

Back