WGC - Bridgestone Invitational [spoilers]

But it is straightened out now. THe lies are out, the cheating is out, the separation has happened, the payoff has happened. Now its what it is.

Even though its all out, he still has a messed up life and just because he got it off his chest doesnt mean its suppose to get better right away and him play great golf. Sure he probably felt relieved to come clean but now he has to deal with it all everyday. Im not blaming his family issues for 100% of why he isnt doing great, just saying that it has some to do with it and until he gets it worked out and his swing back like you said then i just dont think he will do anything.

Should have stated in the last post, that i didnt mean his family issues were a 100 percent of it just some of it as well as the game, and that I dont think he will do anything until he gets over the family stuff and gets the swing/putter going again.

I guess I just see it differently. I see it as an excuse the media and the fans use. When he first returned it was rust. Then it was the marriage troubles, then it was the divorce. At this point, I dont buy any of it personally. His swing is broken and until he fixes it he will struggle. And now it appears that ego is not letting that happen since he believes he can work it out on his own rather than finding a new coach.

He needs a coach. He maybe trying to fix the wrong thing which forces him to compensate in other areas.
I guess I just see it differently. I see it as an excuse the media and the fans use. When he first returned it was rust. Then it was the marriage troubles, then it was the divorce. At this point, I dont buy any of it personally. His swing is broken and until he fixes it he will struggle. And now it appears that ego is not letting that happen since he believes he can work it out on his own rather than finding a new coach.

thats awesome. I really hope he does it. Hes had a long hard road and despite other elite players having a tough road, he's come out and played pretty solidly. I hope he does it with his wife in the crowd. The masters moment was untouchable, but this could be good too. Its just so unfortunate that hes a lefty lol
No he has to finish top 4 and have TW finish outside of the top 38.

Some big numbers from big name players today. Woods shoots a 75 and Poulter shoots a 77.

He needs a coach. He maybe trying to fix the wrong thing which forces him to compensate in other areas.

I agree, but who? Does he go back to Butch? Haney? Somone else?

I am a Tiger fan, sorry, but watching him in the open in 2005 is what got me into the game. Even though I love watching him play, he needs to take the rest of the year off. I agree JB, he has lost his swing. Now he has to go find it

Poulter shoots a 77.

But more importantly, how many awful pairs of trousers did he manage to sell?

I agree, but who? Does he go back to Butch? Haney? Somone else?

I am a Tiger fan, sorry, but watching him in the open in 2005 is what got me into the game. Even though I love watching him play, he needs to take the rest of the year off. I agree JB, he has lost his swing. Now he has to go find it

It wont be Butch or Haney I dont think. Butch has a pretty solid stable and I dont think would get involved. Foley maybe.

not a lot since he has not been on TV. hehe.
Personal taste I guess. I love some of the IJP apparel. QC has been an issue with the last line though.

+1. I hate Ian Poulter. He just exudes a cockyness that I cant stand

It wont be Butch or Haney I dont think. Butch has a pretty solid stable and I dont think would get involved. Foley maybe.

not a lot since he has not been on TV. hehe.
Personal taste I guess. I love some of the IJP apparel. QC has been an issue with the last line though.

I dont know Foley as well, who does he teach again?

I've said for a good while now that he needed a coach. I know he won alot while with Haney but I think that was residual from what he got from Butch, I never cared for Haney and watching him work with Barkley and Ramano on the golf channel only proved my thoughts. He has indeed lost his swing. He seems to have lost some desire as well and I think that will be hardest to get back.

I think foley could help him alot. I mean any golf coach could help him alot, but foley seems to be the next best other than harmon imo

OHair and Mahan

Sounds good to me.

I have never been a huge fan of either. I think butch was superior to haney though

People need to remember, Butch is gone. He has formed a bond and a friendship with someone else at the top of their game and also works with Dustin Johnson. He is not going back to TW. Foley may fit, but Foley is a guy that speaks his mind a lot and often and that does not work well around some of TW's people. Foley is also a guy that works with the technical side rather than the athletic side and has said before he is not sure he wants the job.

As for the actual tournament, I cannot wait for the coverage today. Big names, great golf, and #1 is on the line.

And lets not forget the Goose! What a comeback year he is having!

lmao... JB... Tsk tsk tsk.

What can I say, I like people that treat myself, THP, and most importantly my wife with the utmost respect and sit and talk with us on their own time as equals.

Oh well, I'm off to ride around in a golf cart and drink some brews and follow the two long hitters that happen to be buds of mine at the two-man captains choice. I hope the Goose pulls out the win, better than FIGJAM.

I know this isnt suppose to go here but i was waiting on the tourney to switch coverage from the golf channel and found the 2009 world drive championship on espn and the winner had a 145 mph club head speed with 216 mph ball speed! carried it 380!! CRAZY!!

Imagine Phil finishing outside the top 4....there goes the number 1 ranking. I wonder if Tiger will have a Phil vodoo doll tonight and tomorrow.

Imagine Phil finishing outside the top 4....there goes the number 1 ranking. I wonder if Tiger will have a Phil vodoo doll tonight and tomorrow.

Directly yes, that is correct, but because of the horrible system they use, it just means that the task gets easier each week. Because as they get closer to the present, TW has not succeeded in keeping that #1 ranking (through play right now). So while this week it is top 4 for Phil and outside of the top 38 for Woods, future weeks would mean even more of a chance. Or heck, if neither of them played for months straight, they would reverse as well.

Back