2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do this Morgan. I felt the same way 6 months ago. It may take some time and the struggles will be there...just push through it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to this. The struggle is real, but everytime I pass up eating pizza or grabbing wings and beer, it all feels better when I step on the scale and see I am down another 2 pounds.

Amen to this. The struggle is real, but everytime I pass up eating pizza or grabbing wings and beer, it all feels better when I step on the scale and see I am down another 2 pounds.

Exactly, but at the same time if you are putting in the work, grabbing that pizza or beer isn't as bad any more. That is if it's not an everyday thing.

Exactly, but at the same time if you are putting in the work, grabbing that pizza or beer isn't as bad any more. That is if it's not an everyday thing.

That's my problem. This isn't to fault JB, it's not his fault it's mine but when he is traveling and I am home alone I have no problem eating well and exercising. I have zero outside influences so it's easy for me to stay focused and motivated. But then he comes home and wants to go out to eat, or watch food shows or constantly says "Doesn't xyz bad for you food sound amazing?" And of course it does so then I say "yes, let's go get it."

I need to quiet the outside noise and just get focused.

survived Thanksgiving week. Need a strong week here because next week is going to be rough. Hoping of cracking 190 before the 25th. Can easily be accomplished as long as I stay strong here.

That's my problem. This isn't to fault JB, it's not his fault it's mine but when he is traveling and I am home alone I have no problem eating well and exercising. I have zero outside influences so it's easy for me to stay focused and motivated. But then he comes home and wants to go out to eat, or watch food shows or constantly says "Doesn't xyz bad for you food sound amazing?" And of course it does so then I say "yes, let's go get it."

I need to quiet the outside noise and just get focused.

Second this right here. I struggle when home, which you would think would be opposite when I'm traveling.
#EvilInfluences Jokingly be said.

survived Thanksgiving week. Need a strong week here because next week is going to be rough. Hoping of cracking 190 before the 25th. Can easily be accomplished as long as I stay strong here.

Next week won't be as bad as you think.. Lots of golf should help. I don't plan on losing, but I should hopefully be able to keep gains to a minimum...

Those sliders will kill me hahaha

Alright. Back o track this week with travel and related shenanigans out of the way.

Next week won't be as bad as you think.. Lots of golf should help. I don't plan on losing, but I should hopefully be able to keep gains to a minimum...

Those sliders will kill me hahaha

beverages will hurt. Outside of the staff retreat weekend, I've completely cut them out of my diet. I'm not worried about the week though. I'm just going to kick back, relax, and have a freaking blast.

beverages will hurt. Outside of the staff retreat weekend, I've completely cut them out of my diet. I'm not worried about the week though. I'm just going to kick back, relax, and have a freaking blast.

Yep I haven't had alcohol in about 3 months.. Coincidently I have lost the most weight in that time. I will have a few this next week I imagine, but I won't worry about it

Do I need to give you my healthy alcohol drink speech :D

Very true. Big key for my initial fast loss was cutting out alcohol for about 7 weeks.

Have any of you guys done protein drinks with just some almond milk and PB2? I am lactose intolerant so I bought a vegan protein powder, which tastes absolutely disgusting! I used to drink it when I worked out a lot, but I forgot how bad it tastes. I tried to make a drink this morning with frozen berries, almond milk and the powder and it was disgusting. I am thinking just almond milk and PB2 might be the way to go.

The powder tastes like vanilla plant food, so nasty!

I have not tried vegan protein powder. I love Almond milk.Make sure you are drinking a ton of water. Sub it for soft drinks and even energy drinks that have sugar.You have to drink the water.
Have any of you guys done protein drinks with just some almond milk and PB2? I am lactose intolerant so I bought a vegan protein powder, which tastes absolutely disgusting! I used to drink it when I worked out a lot, but I forgot how bad it tastes. I tried to make a drink this morning with frozen berries, almond milk and the powder and it was disgusting. I am thinking just almond milk and PB2 might be the way to go.

I have the vegan powder as well and the taste does suck. I cant do almond milk as i am allergic to almonds.

I blended the powder with some blueberries, raspberries and a little stevia, it was still a little harsh but it is drinkable that way

GG, when I was on my short yet intense no milk blast, I would use ice and a banana to cut the horrid taste.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

On other news, this guy stayed at 194 lbs for the week. :D

On other news, this guy stayed at 194 lbs for the week. :D

Nice work. I was shocked I lost this week.. Thursday and Friday weren't great for me, but I think the rest of the week must have made up for it.

Question: Anyone using the Fitbit Aria? Now that I am back to Fitbit from the Garmin device, something that syncs with MyFitness Pal and my Charge HR would be nice, but reviews seem somewhat mixed.

Any thoughts?

A couple of things. She can say its not my fault, but it mostly is. However I think she looks fantastic.

A couple of things. She can say its not my fault, but it mostly is. However I think she looks fantastic.

Josh are you still using the Withings scale? I just ask because I am pondering the Fitbit version for my Charge HR. They do similar things, just wondering if it is worth it for the price? I love the idea of tracking it via the fibtit app and my fitness pal

Josh are you still using the Withings scale? I just ask because I am pondering the Fitbit version for my Charge HR. They do similar things, just wondering if it is worth it for the price? I love the idea of tracking it via the fibtit app and my fitness pal

I was, but have not been recently as the other one in our house was so accesible. One thing I noticed is it always seemed a pound or so off.

I was, but have not been recently as the other one in our house was so accesible. One thing I noticed is it always seemed a pound or so off.

interesting.. that is my biggest worry. The one I have now has been solid, but it doesn't integrate with anything, but then again tracking on my phone hasn't been a big issue. something to think about I guess

I have not tried vegan protein powder. I love Almond milk.Make sure you are drinking a ton of water. Sub it for soft drinks and even energy drinks that have sugar.You have to drink the water.

I don't drink energy drinks or much soda, I pretty much just drink water all the time. That's not my issue, food is my issue. I was hoping to include a protein shake after my workout, but I can't do the whey because it is dairy and the vegan stuff is so gross. I tried egg white protein once, and that wasn't bad, but wasn't as good for you as the vegan one.

I have the vegan powder as well and the taste does suck. I cant do almond milk as i am allergic to almonds.

I blended the powder with some blueberries, raspberries and a little stevia, it was still a little harsh but it is drinkable that way

GG, when I was on my short yet intense no milk blast, I would use ice and a banana to cut the horrid taste.

I blended it with some mixed berries but it was still so gross. I think I just forgot how bad it was. I will have to give it another try.

I don't drink energy drinks or much soda, I pretty much just drink water all the time. That's not my issue, food is my issue. I was hoping to include a protein shake after my workout, but I can't do the whey because it is dairy and the vegan stuff is so gross. I tried egg white protein once, and that wasn't bad, but wasn't as good for you as the vegan one.

I blended it with some mixed berries but it was still so gross. I think I just forgot how bad it was. I will have to give it another try.

Morgan, just FYI, they do make Lactose Free Whey Protein

http://www.gnc.com/pages/entry.jsp?entry=lactose-free-whey-protein

Morgan I used and like garden of life products no funny taste texture used both raw meal as a replacement and the protein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back