My inconsistent swing and high loft.

wgist87

Hack n' Slash
Reaction score
Handicap
So I think ive pinpointed the issue I am having with my swing, but I would like some feedback from everyone to see if there is also more I am missing here.

Im 25 handicap, and based on two club trackers I have a straight swing path about 80% of the time. I am dealing with high lofts and some inconsistent range/spread. I have fixed a lot of the spread with a new grip/swing posture but my left knee seems to go low, and really push my right shoulder down which I believe to be causing fat hits and high lofts.

https://youtu.be/YWP1-c5dAxQ
6 iron, open club face, 23° loft.

https://youtu.be/Q6KQSYbv9P4
Driver, straight swing path on contact, 248 yards, low loft.

https://youtu.be/PKYsO8fpW-k
Driver, hit early, short distance but straight swing path.

These are all based on technology basis, and could be skewed.

Others will be able to chime in but I didn't see any of those that seemed to be high loft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My drives are typically sky high and same with my lower irons. Maybe its within acceptable loft degrees but it seems excessive to me. The results on screen for these hits in particular werent this way, but this was a great representation of my average swing

Did it tell you peak height with the driver? It did not seem "sky high" to me based on the video (although hard to see) and a lot of people think they hit the ball too high.

So I think ive pinpointed the issue I am having with my swing, but I would like some feedback from everyone to see if there is also more I am missing here.

Im 25 handicap, and based on two club trackers I have a straight swing path about 80% of the time. I am dealing with high lofts and some inconsistent range/spread. I have fixed a lot of the spread with a new grip/swing posture but my left knee seems to go low, and really push my right shoulder down which I believe to be causing fat hits and high lofts.

https://youtu.be/YWP1-c5dAxQ
6 iron, open club face, 23° loft.

https://youtu.be/Q6KQSYbv9P4
Driver, straight swing path on contact, 248 yards, low loft.

https://youtu.be/PKYsO8fpW-k
Driver, hit early, short distance but straight swing path.

These are all based on technology basis, and could be skewed.
What do you mean by you're dealing with high lofts?

And when hen you say you have a straight swing path, what are the of referring too?

i have pinpointed a few things in your swing that will help with consistency. But I need to know the answers to my questions so I give you the info you are looking for.

1. The ball tends to fly at a (seemingly) tall arch, resulting in what I would say is high launch/loft. I lose a lot of distance in the driver especially.

2. Based on the information garnered on two swing monitors and one ball tracker my swing is fairly straight. (The swath from side to side) so instead of being in to out, or out to in, it travels fairly straight without lateral movement.

Did it tell you peak height with the driver? It did not seem "sky high" to me based on the video (although hard to see) and a lot of people think they hit the ball too high.
Unfortunately that hit in question actually was quite low, my backswing was "lower" than an average swing for me.

I understand everyone has their swing type and I am trying to find the one that produces the results, as a result I havent solidified one particular swing. I was getting 4-5k on backswing numbers. The ball trajectory looked more like a hump, than a steady rise and quick descent.

1. The ball tends to fly at a (seemingly) tall arch, resulting in what I would say is high launch/loft. I lose a lot of distance in the driver especially.

2. Based on the information garnered on two swing monitors and one ball tracker my swing is fairly straight. (The swath from side to side) so instead of being in to out, or out to in, it travels fairly straight without lateral movement.

Your swing is very much inside on the back swing. The club is behind you most of your half swing. Based on the videos I am not seeing a high launch more of a mid launch.

Last edited:
Im guessing you meant "sweet spot?" Thats good to know, im still a rookie to most on here, so when i see the flight i thought it was high. But what about my swing, you said you have some tips. Based on information ive researched i need to get my legs throuvh the swing and stop falling back on the right leg, atleast thats how i feel watching my swing.

Im guessing you meant "sweet spot?" Thats good to know, im still a rookie to most on here, so when i see the flight i thought it was high. But what about my swing, you said you have some tips. Based on information ive researched i need to get my legs throuvh the swing and stop falling back on the right leg, atleast thats how i feel watching my swing.
no I was meaning to say your swing is too far inside.

When you mean inside is that inside in terms of towards myself?

no I was meaning to say your swing is too far inside.
Without seeming rushed, are there any thing i can work on during my practice session this evening?

Without seeming rushed, are there any thing i can work on during my practice session this evening?
I'm curious to see if you can self fix. You have commented on what you feel is wrong. I'd like you to put those thoughts into play at the range. Just make on change....keep the club head low until is passes the right foot and then up to the top.

Let me me know how it goes.

When you mean inside is that inside in terms of towards myself?
Inside as in behind you. The club goes straight behind you upon take away. It should travel straight back from the ball.

Will do, thanks!

d6e3218135ac98fb5f5b3b764395da70.jpg

17 shots on the simulator at the course with my xhot driver, last hit was money. Just some data to see, if you have any hints.

I took what you told me and did see an increase in solid strikes, swing path and ball flight seem great as well. Cant wait for the new year to really hit it hard.

I am telling myself to swing left on the drive, out in the real world it seems to really help me straighten out my drives.

d6e3218135ac98fb5f5b3b764395da70.jpg

17 shots on the simulator at the course with my xhot driver, last hit was money. Just some data to see, if you have any hints.

I took what you told me and did see an increase in solid strikes, swing path and ball flight seem great as well. Cant wait for the new year to really hit it hard.

I am telling myself to swing left on the drive, out in the real world it seems to really help me straighten out my drives.

Great to hear, keep at it!

Back