"Sunshine Protection Act" Florida Year-round Daylight Saving Time

Being ahead of the west coast by 4 hours during the fall/winter months would be interesting to see if it had any additional ramifications business wise than it already does. Europe being 5 ahead of the east coast makes it interesting already since we have offices over there. I would think anyone who is based on the west coast would have issues dealing with east coast branches. Maybe it wouldn't and I am over emphasizing an additional hour, but having half your day on the west coast not be able to communicate with your east coast affiliates I would think would be bound to cause delays/issues.

This may be the best thing to come out of Tallahassee since I-10.

Being ahead of the west coast by 4 hours during the fall/winter months would be interesting to see if it had any additional ramifications business wise than it already does. Europe being 5 ahead of the east coast makes it interesting already since we have offices over there. I would think anyone who is based on the west coast would have issues dealing with east coast branches. Maybe it wouldn't and I am over emphasizing an additional hour, but having half your day on the west coast not be able to communicate with your east coast affiliates I would think would be bound to cause delays/issues.

Stop it

My desire for more golf tops that nonsense

Or we could keep daylight savings time and everyone gets 18 holes. That sounds much better
Right now I get no holes after work, and I'm almost as far west as one can be in this timezone.

This will be good for those people who like to/must play in the afternoon but not so good for those who like to/can play early and have the rest of the day for other pursuits.
I think for the Florida (especially Gulf Coast) economy, it would be fantastic. Evening outdoor activities, Beach front restaurants at sunset, etc etc.

Flying to Florida for things would be an even bigger PIA because I already basically have to plan a full travel day so just add an extra hour on my arrival time. Leave Phoenix at 8:00 AM and get in at 5:00 if it's direct. Coming home though, that would be awesome.

Arizona would be the opposite of the proposed Florida law. Arizona does not observe daylight savings at anytime of the year.

So you would be eastern time zone part of the year and central the rest of the year or eastern and eastern plus 1?

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

Back