Nike Vapor Fly Irons

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
[h=2]VAPOR FLY IRONS[/h]The Vapor Fly irons feature three unique RZN-enhanced, game-improvement constructions pushing weight lower and toward the perimeter for consistent, high and long-approach shots with tremendous feel.
Available on nike.com January 22, 2016.
Available at select retailers January 29, 2016.

[h=2][/h]Modern Muscle technology balances the center of gravity in the center of the face to optimize stability, energy transfer and feel for consistent performance and shotmaking.
Lightweight RZN material enables more mass to be distributed lower and deeper for higher ball flight.
The combination of a variable thickness, flexible Nexcor face supported by a stiffened, Flybeam-reinforced chassis delivers increased ball speed, with less penalizing mishits for longer, more consistent shots across the entire face.

[h=2][/h]Hollow RZN cavity long irons (4, 5, 6, 7) feature a metalwood-style construction with FlyBeam reinforcement for superior distance and forgiveness.
RZN pocket mid irons (8, 9, P) utilize Nike’s proprietary RZN material to redistribute weight to combine stability with refined feel.
RZN cavity short irons (A, S) also feature RZN material in the cavity of the irons to enable shot-making creativity.
SP16_Oven_Vapor_Fly_Iron_001_hd_1600.jpg

It is only one picture but I am digging the looks. Especially for an iron in this category.

Really Really LOVING the look of these! If they perform for me half as well as they look I might have to buy some new irons. Wow I just really love the love the looks of these.

it does seem that a few brands are going to the progressive sets this year. Which I do like!

Those are funky looking (in a good way). My son would probably love them

It is only one picture but I am digging the looks. Especially for an iron in this category.

Gotta agree, slick looking profile and the colors just come together well.

Ok I'm liking this look. A lot. But still the same problem stands. These irons are built for the few, not the masses. All that forgiveness in the toe is awesome but most amateur misses are heel side

Gotta agree, slick looking profile and the colors just come together well.

These are the first Nike clubs I could see in the bag. Again, only one picture but like it. Can't say the same for the rest of the line however.

Ok I'm liking this look. A lot. But still the same problem stands. These irons are built for the few, not the masses. All that forgiveness in the toe is awesome but most amateur misses are heel side
I know a guy who misses toe. May be even related to him

I'd that true? I would have always assumed the opposite, probably because my miss has always been toe.

Either I am missing something or maybe you posted in the wrong thread but these seem like GI or even SGI irons w/ metal wood construction for forgiveness and COG low for higher launch.

Either I am missing something or maybe you posted in the wrong thread but these seem like GI or even SGI irons w/ metal wood construction for forgiveness and COG low for higher launch.

The cavity is toe side no?

The cavity is toe side no?

Not sure which iron is pictured. Sounds like there will be quite a bit of difference throughout the set.

Not sure which iron is pictured. Sounds like there will be quite a bit of difference throughout the set.

Ah ok. There's only one picture and I can't tell which it is. Guess I'll wait to pass judgement until I see the whole set especially with how different the clubs are within the set

Ah ok. There's only one picture and I can't tell which it is. Guess I'll wait to pass judgement until I see the whole set especially with how different the clubs are within the set

Gotcha, to me this is the set designed for the masses and that was the comment of yours that threw me off.

Gotcha, to me this is the set designed for the masses and that was the comment of yours that threw me off.

Most of their GI sets are designed for the masses they just never work out too well. I didn't mean they weren't targeting the GI or SGI

Wonder what the stock shaft offerings will be? Anyone heard anything?

Wonder what the stock shaft offerings will be? Anyone heard anything?

These are the Europe specs as I understand them. Not sure if it will hold true for the states.

Shaft: True Temper ZT 85 (S, R), and UST Mamiya Recoil 400 Series (460-F4, 460-F3, 460-F2, 450-F1)
Grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip

49271_zpsxfzftkci.jpg

49272_zpsc2xg6wvl.jpg

49276_zpsfzkzwdd5.jpg

I like the looks of these

These are the Europe specs as I understand them. Not sure if it will hold true for the states.

Shaft: True Temper ZT 85 (S, R), and UST Mamiya Recoil 400 Series (460-F4, 460-F3, 460-F2, 450-F1)
Grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip

Interesting. The last two Nike GI iron sets had pretty heavy stock shafts. Look likes they might be moving away from that.

The colors are pretty cool looking. I like the looks better than last years model which I was a fan of. Hopefully they feel better than last years

Curious if anyone has gotten their hands on these in a driving bay or out on the course. Thoughts? (Or have these been completely forgotten by the THP Zeitgeist?)

Nike Vapor Fly Irons

Was actually looking for this thread earlier but couldn't find it. So thanks for bumping.

I didn't hit these, but I did check them out for a while. The finish is really, really cool looking. It's almost a bronze like finish to them and I think they look awesome. They are paired with the ZT 85g shaft and pretty cool looking all rubber blue and volt grips. Only reason I didnt hit them is I had to have them tape up a vapor fly pro iron and didn't feel like going back, finding, and having them do that to one of these. Fantastic looking in hand though, and they are definitely something I'm going to want to hit next time I go in based off the results I got with the fly pro.

9da7bde6630377be96411b9f96041331.jpg

5faef93be774f59afbe9edea1d2d9e1b.jpg

ebc7f18f3e90e03a1dfc94136c4ed890.jpg

I really like the look. I hope they perform.

Back