New England Members

Hey guys - it probably comes to surprise to nobody that I've been doing some research in this thread. One thing I've noticed is that there some guys who are in here that aren't Albatross members - if you're interested in Regional Rivalry, that'll need to change.

If you haven't been to an event before, it's one of the best times you'll have, and it's not every year we've got one we can probably drive to.
I just signed up this am, please throw my hat in the mix...reporting for duty Captain.

Merchant information:
THP Media Inc.
golfergal@thehackersparadise.com
http://www.thehackersparadise.com
Instructions to merchant:
None provided
[COLOR=#333333 !important]
Shipping information:
Shipping method:
Not specified
[/COLOR]
DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
Donation to Support The Hackers Paradise (User: The_Dude)
$34.95 USD1$34.95 USD
tKK2KQA-Vcfw6YcmEbTdrCI6ik_Y0tOL9GkOwcdsYjpikB6_wvkjFgzsRQCi0ZjEigrOyWTCKQsMBCnNNQr1kFWg9N0=s0-d-e1-ft
Total: $34.95 USD

Anyone up for playing golf on Christmas Eve? I have no idea what courses will be open, but the forecast high temperature is 67 degrees for Boston on that day. I'll be in town and my wife and child will have already left to go to my in-laws, so there no reason for me to sit in my house and not play golf.

Anyone up for playing golf on Christmas Eve? I have no idea what courses will be open, but the forecast high temperature is 67 degrees for Boston on that day. I'll be in town and my wife and child will have already left to go to my in-laws, so there no reason for me to sit in my house and not play golf.

Wish I could but I have to work.

I get out at 1pm in hingham would love to play, south shore or granite links are close not sure who else is open

Unfortunately Christmas Eve doesn't work for me - I've got to be at my Aunt's house at noon. I'm thinking of playing Saturday though, if anyone's interested. Looks like 50-ish.

Unfortunately Christmas Eve doesn't work for me - I've got to be at my Aunt's house at noon. I'm thinking of playing Saturday though, if anyone's interested. Looks like 50-ish.

Could possibly be talked in to Saturday. Will need to check with the boss though.

Could possibly be talked in to Saturday. Will need to check with the boss though.

I'm working overnights Friday-Sunday so Saturday is out for me.

OITW, if we did the afternoon, I guess we could only get in 9 holes because of sunset. Would you still be up for that?

I'm working overnights Friday-Sunday so Saturday is out for me.

OITW, if we did the afternoon, I guess we could only get in 9 holes because of sunset. Would you still be up for that?

9 holes is great, at this point any golf is gravy

Silly question regarding possibility of playing in regional rivalry. I haven't been a member at Harmon since last summer and so I have no idea what my handicap is. It was at 18 and dropping as of last summer. So my question is what happens with a person without a handicap?

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

Silly question regarding possibility of playing in regional rivalry. I haven't been a member at Harmon since last summer and so I have no idea what my handicap is. It was at 18 and dropping as of last summer. So my question is what happens with a person without a handicap?

We don't know if this is a handicapped event yet.

But i know quite a few of us on here use Ushandicap.com (it's like $25 for the year) for them, i believe it's a THP partner as well and is a valid handicap for tournaments and such including THP events.

Not to speak for our Captain or THP, but as a New Englander looking to win this thing when you're prepping don't prep for a vanity cap prep for a number that will travel and can withstand the challenges of most courses...

Sounds good...I'll check it out.

I was thinking of 9 holes too but I played 4 9 hole rounds the week before last and played so well that I'm afraid of playing now, playing like crap and then having to live with it for the winter. Right now I have good golf thoughts in my head. I have to run up to Best Buy in Nashua to pick up something on Thursday so I figure I'll throw on shorts and a Santa hat and head over to World Cup driving range at Green Meadows and hit a bucket.

But i know quite a few of us on here use Ushandicap.com (it's like $25 for the year) for them, i believe it's a THP partner as well and is a valid handicap for tournaments and such including THP events.

Not to speak for our Captain or THP, but as a New Englander looking to win this thing when you're prepping don't prep for a vanity cap prep for a number that will travel and can withstand the challenges of most courses...

My cap is so screwed up, I could go out and shoot 84 or 104.

Ditto, I can throw up something in high 80's or stink up the joint 15 strokes higher

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My cap is so screwed up, I could go out and shoot 84 or 104.

Well then you should own that 104 cap and blow the doors off your opponent when the time comes

#notsandbagging

But the good news is:

logistically speaking i don't want to travel far as i would love a 4 hour door to door 18 holes but i plan on being somewhere hitting balls by 7am

I'll have more to say on this when signup details come out, but OITW speaks the truth here. Be honest with yourself and everyone else when it comes to the state of your game, both handicap and otherwise and we'll be good as gravy. Don't worry about where your handicap is - this is a THP event, and will be open to all skill levels. It's especially important in team formats - we can maximize people's strengths and minimize weaknesses in pairings. But it's important to have an accurate picture of everyone's games going into the event for that. I think that's where Regional Rivalry is really cool vs. larger events - there's a good chance we'll get to play together a few times before the event. But again - like I said, more on this when the time comes.

Cyprian Keyes is open this weekend, if we want to try a Saturday round

Cyprian Keyes is open this weekend, if we want to try a Saturday round

I've got rain showing up on my weather app - would be up to play but not sure I can take a repeat of the conditions last time. If it's clear I'd be up for that.

I've got rain showing up on my weather app - would be up to play but not sure I can take a repeat of the conditions last time. If it's clear I'd be up for that.

Good point, i'm up for wet weather not in Dec/jan/feb though

I'll have more to say on this when signup details come out, but OITW speaks the truth here. Be honest with yourself and everyone else when it comes to the state of your game, both handicap and otherwise and we'll be good as gravy. Don't worry about where your handicap is - this is a THP event, and will be open to all skill levels. It's especially important in team formats - we can maximize people's strengths and minimize weaknesses in pairings. But it's important to have an accurate picture of everyone's games going into the event for that. I think that's where Regional Rivalry is really cool vs. larger events - there's a good chance we'll get to play together a few times before the event. But again - like I said, more on this when the time comes.

That makes a lot of sense about being honest with where your game is at. As someone who's cap is above 20, there's a HUGE part of me that wants to be in the Regional Rivalry event, but there's another part of me that knows if I don't make it, there are so many great players in our area that there's no way I could be disappointed. I know where my weaknesses are and I'll be doing my best to work on them this winter, either at the sim or at the heated range. Hopefully the really bad weather is minimal this year, for all of ys.

That makes a lot of sense about being honest with where your game is at. As someone who's cap is above 20, there's a HUGE part of me that wants to be in the Regional Rivalry event, but there's another part of me that knows if I don't make it, there are so many great players in our area that there's no way I could be disappointed. I know where my weaknesses are and I'll be doing my best to work on them this winter, either at the sim or at the heated range. Hopefully the really bad weather is minimal this year, for all of ys.

Either way it works out teammates or not we NEED to tee it up this year

Russ, you should definitely be in this event. No worries about handicap, you have the game to go out and have a blast in this type of event. You'll be pleasantly surprised how well your game travels.

I'm inviting myself when this round happens.

Russ, you should definitely be in this event. No worries about handicap, you have the game to go out and have a blast in this type of event. You'll be pleasantly surprised how well your game travels.

I'm inviting myself when this round happens.

Definitely fellas! Thankfully my weekends are the busiest in late Feb/March with indoor percussion season, so once the weather starts getting better for outside rounds I'll have the time. And even then, we should set up some sim time for sure. Ray, we definitely need to get to The Sandtrap soon.

Definitely fellas! Thankfully my weekends are the busiest in late Feb/March with indoor percussion season, so once the weather starts getting better for outside rounds I'll have the time. And even then, we should set up some sim time for sure. Ray, we definitely need to get to The Sandtrap soon.

I have all of next week off...

Back