Do you still get anxious, excited to play golf?

ForeOnFour

Leave no birdie behind
Reaction score
Handicap
I haven't been out in three weeks tomorrow because of life and the weather. I've got a tee time booked for 7:40 tomorrow morning and I've got to admit I'm anxious and excited to go. The kind of feeling where I'll wake up 3-4 times tonight, look at the clock and wish it was time to get up. Almost like a kid on Christmas morning.

That got me thinking, do you guys and gals still get that way after a small layoff? Is the excitement more the longer the time off? Or does your excitement fizzle a little? Does the layoff period affect your excitement level?

Seeing the love for the game here at THP I assume everyone still gets excited but wondered if the responses might surprise me.

I definitely do! Especially as a college kid who doesn't have much time, any time I can get out, I'm super excited!

I'm always excited when I play golf. It just puts me in a great mood knowing I'll be on the course.

Yep definitely do here. The night before a round I often mentally play the course in my head as I'm trying to got to sleep.

Yep definitely do here. The night before a round I often mentally play the course in my head as I'm trying to got to sleep.

Same thing here. I can't get enough!

Yep. I get that feeling every Friday night, and twice as bad prior to a THP Event !

Pretty much every time I get to golf
inget excited/nervous.

Absolutely. Usually wake up extra early on days I golf

I guess I have to say yes to this as well.....

If I am getting up early to go and play golf, as soon as the alarm goes off I am up and out of bed, yet when the alarm goes off for work during the week I am not as keen to get up..... :D

Hmm waking up at 4am would be called anxious or excited now, would it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure I am getting anxious before a round

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I play at 10:30, I woke up at 5am. Making coffee now watching the Golf Channel.

Of course I get excited. I wouldn't play if I had any other feeling.

Every time. When I don't I'll stop playing because it's very expensive.

Not as much as I used too, the longer between rounds means bigger numbers and I'm not a fan of big numbers.

I do get excited, and it's magnified by 1000s when it's with THPers.

Absolutely. Even though about 90 rounds per year are on the same course, I get excited and thankful that I have the ability, health and means to play as often as I do. I never take any of that for granted.

Every time I play I'm anxious and excited. Always hoping I play good. Looking forward to trying to play better then ever.

Golf and skiing are the two sports that turn me into an excited 10 year old again and again.

Im on vacation in Florida and we are playing golf every other day. Today is an off day and I'm not nearly as excited to go on our 7 mile beach walk as I was yesterday when we were headed out for golf. At least football is on but it's a poor substitute for playing golf.

I get that feeling everything whether a layoff or just played

Like a kid at Christmas, and then I get mad when I see nothing but rain for two weeks.

There are a few times golf doesn't excite me, like when I'm in a slump and get invited to play a charity scramble. But for the most part I always get really excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I absolutely get excited. I always enjoy the challenge golf brings but it's also my few hours away from responsibility. Plus it usually means some quality time with friends.

That's why I play in the mornings 90% of the time , I simply cannot sit around 1/2 day knowing there is golf to be played .

Back