JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I think a golf bag should have a removable bottom. Im not sure why other than cost it has not been done as of yet. Screw cap with plastic could still seal the same with no worries, so cost has to be the biggest concern. Everybody I know has lost something in there at least once, and getting it out is one of the biggest pains out there.

Just think about the amount of moisture, dirt and grass that ends up in the bottom and the thought of an easy way to clean it seems logical and beneficial for every golfer.

Maybe I have to do this on my own. #MyIdea

Would be interesting to see someone pull it off. Also because it is different would consumers be willing to adopt it or would they chalk it up as a new selling gimmick (although imo it is a great idea). Curious if anyone has a patent on something like this

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

great idea JB, don't see why it would cost much more to design one that way

Or at least zipper access to the bottom of the bag.

All I have to do is look at the butt of my grips to know there is a lot of funkiness going on at the bottom of the bag.

I would have to think that part of the issue is the full length dividers. Removable bottom would wreak havoc with that concept with detaching/reattaching.

• Admin
I would have to think that part of the issue is the full length dividers. Removable bottom would wreak havoc with that concept with detaching/reattaching.

It can be a bag without full length dividers though. So many have nothing down there. A simple screwable cap could be done to clean it out. The amount of stuff that ends up down there would surprise people.

I always thought that would be a great feature, especially the screw on/off method.

It can be a bag without full length dividers though. So many have nothing down there. A simple screwable cap could be done to clean it out. The amount of stuff that ends up down there would surprise people.

Completely agree that if no dividers are present then it's definitely achievable. And like you said, just something big enough to get a hand in there or something versus removing entire bottom would make sense.

I still think that a simple zipper access from the liner would be the easiest (also cheapest) way to accomplish a solution.

Completely agree that if no dividers are present then it's definitely achievable. And like you said, just something big enough to get a hand in there or something versus removing entire bottom would make sense.

I still think that a simple zipper access from the liner would be the easiest (also cheapest) way to accomplish a solution.

It just might be It would give access to something that falls in, but not access to really cleaning it out.
And that I believe is out there.

I had a bottle of sunscreen fall down into my bag with the cap open. That was a disaster to clean. Fortunately my bag had an internal zipper which made it manageable, but an opening on the bottom would have been easier.

It just might be It would give access to something that falls in, but not access to really cleaning it out.
And that I believe is out there.

It's honestly not a problem that I have but I also wipe down my club (quickly) before putting back into bag so I don't have dirt getting down there, etc. One area where being anal about being clean pays off. haha

I've never tried taking mine apart, but the Ogio bags with silencer tech have removable bottoms. Just 3 screws.

bottom_detail.jpg

But they also have full length dividers with an almost completely closed top, so having something fall in is unlikely.

top_detail.jpg

I have seen a fewer ole drop something in their bag and struggle to get it out. I don't worry about dirt too much but sounds like an idea that coukd catch on

Say I am pretty sure on my Ogio Carry Bag I was thinking there was a way you could reach into the bottom through a pocket.

Molten looked into it for me. There are some vague patents, but nothing like I would do. But based on what is out there, its not worth pursuing, but I will say those that are doing it, are doing it incorrectly. :D

Maybe a special edition THP Golf Bag #2 could come out with those specs?
Molten looked into it for me. There are some vague patents, but nothing like I would do. But based on what is out there, its not worth pursuing, but I will say those that are doing it, are doing it incorrectly. :D

My lower end Ogio has a zipper inside one of the pockets that allows access to the inside of the bottom of the bag.

A removable bottom would be smart though. I dropped a rangefinder into the bottom of my bag by accident, man it was a pain to get out again.

(In my younger days we would toss garbage balls into the bottom of our buddies bags, and laugh as they tried to figure out where the rattling was coming from.)

Or at least zipper access to the bottom of the bag.

Ping Traverse bag has this. Made life easy a couple of times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine dropped a partially eaten sandwich in his bag. Could not get it out on the course - no idea how he managed at his home. A screw off bag bottom would have been very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice it till I was moving stuff to my new bag that my 12 year old ping hoofer has a zipper inside one of the pockets that gives you access to the bottom of the bag.

Both of my Ogio bags have zippers with access to the bottom of the club compartment. Pretty easy to get anything out of them in no time.

Most of the bags I've had do have the small zipper in the clothing pocket to access the area for club storage. Used it before twice, most recently to get my keys that fell into the bag

I think it's a good idea, I clean my clubs regularly but when I overhaul my bag and reorganize I completely empty it and usually turn it upside and shake a lot, and yes lots of grass and stuff comes out. It would be nice to be able to clean out from the base

Back