THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

You create my service call out that way yet?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Im trying but somehow seem to have only lost Verizon Fios. Must have cut the wrong cord.

Stonehouse is just okay. It is long for a par 71 and fun to play but there are several other courses in the area that are nicer and who's greens stay in better shape. No with that said I enjoy playing there and when ever you have a chance to swing up this way let me know and we will get a round in there.

Not really a fan of Stonehouse. When I played it in June several of the fairways were starting to erode around the drains, and one hole had a huge hole dug in front of the green, which I assume was for more drainage. Quite a few blind shots also, IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really a fan of Stonehouse. When I played it in June several of the fairways were starting to erode around the drains, and one hole had a huge hole dug in front of the green, which I assume was for more drainage. Quite a few blind shots also, IIRC.

Only place I have played that requires the group in front to ring a bell so the next group can tee off. That is one hell of a blind shot. BTW the green on the hole sucks.

Mike Strantz loves some blind shots. The fairways don't sound good at all, maybe I'll move it a bit further down the list.

Only place I have played that requires the group in front to ring a bell so the next group can tee off. That is one hell of a blind shot. BTW the green on the hole sucks.

We have that on several courses around here. That's Sandhills Golf in a nutshell.

My home course used to have a bell like that on #1. You can't see the end of the fairway from any of the tee boxes. It's a fun course, but it's out in the sticks, and probably not well suited to this kind of event.

Any guesses on the date of this one? I'm thinking mid-june between the other two maybe?

We have that on several courses around here. That's Sandhills Golf in a nutshell.
Pinehurst #8 also has closed circuit TV in one of the holes so you can watch the group in front of you. When they clear the screen you are good to go

Pinehurst #8 also has closed circuit TV in one of the holes so you can watch the group in front of you. When they clear the screen you are good to go

That's definitely more upscale than the mirrors on the pole that most places around here have in lieu of the bell.

So Regional Rivalry.....

Another thought for courses that I have not seen mentioned would be Bay Creek on the Eastern Shore of Va. Both the Palmer and Nicklaus courses are nice with the Nicklaus being longer and harder IMO
If JB wants to stay with the tradition of TPC courses .... TPC VA Beach is an awesome track!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Any guesses on the date of this one? I'm thinking mid-june between the other two maybe?

Fathers day weekend is the weekend in the middle of those two so that could be it. If it goes into July you would be dealing with 4th of July vacations for some people maybe.

Don't think they would wait to August but that seems to be an open month on the event calendar

If JB wants to stay with the tradition of TPC courses .... TPC VA Beach is an awesome track!

It's no longer TPC Va Beach but known as VB National. They have changed a lot of their long sand bunkers to natural grass bunkers. I think it makes it harder.

Trouter is probably laying down his Range Rat plan. He's at his best when he's constantly mashing balls. Smooth it out brother. If we get in I want to see your best buddy.

It's no longer TPC Va Beach but known as VB National. They have changed a lot of their long sand bunkers to natural grass bunkers. I think it makes it harder.
So not known as a TPC anymore? Was originally designed by Curtis Strange correct?

So not known as a TPC anymore? Was originally designed by Curtis Strange correct?

That is correct.

Trouter is probably laying down his Range Rat plan. He's at his best when he's constantly mashing balls. Smooth it out brother. If we get in I want to see your best buddy.

I was out early before the rain evaluating the contact with my irons lol, I was smacking it well dude, you know me too well.

I was out early before the rain evaluating the contact with my irons lol, I was smacking it well dude, you know me too well.

I'm gonna guess contact was smack dab right in the middle of the clubface.

I got my eye on you bro. Even if it's through my tri-focals.... Looking to play up this year :)

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I think there are plenty of other folks out there who would do a better job. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out what an assistant captain does.

Well, appears we need to touch up on your resume answers. Ha! You'd do fine but agree, there are some good candidates 4 the job in Carolina(s)

Having met Ron - I could definitely see him as a captain! Up here, Kevin and Rob are guys I'd like to go into battle with for sure!
Two of those three are about as solid as you can get for Captaincy. Well for the outlier, thanks for the kind words.

I'm gonna guess contact was smack dab right in the middle of the clubface.

It's funny dude, I can go a month without picking up a club and go out and post a 78, the ball striking for some reason has stuck around for years and I think it's the tempo that allows it for me. A topped 3 wood, a pulled driver or two, and a couple chunked wedges around the green got me today, we need to hook up and play soon, I'll come down there.

I got my eye on you bro. Even if it's through my tri-focals.... Looking to play up this year :)

Haha I'll have my readers on old man. It will be a good time brother, lots to catch up on and a good friendly competition between friends will only enhance my life, I hope it happens.

Two of those three are about as solid as you can get for Captaincy. Well for the outlier, thanks for the kind words.
Any of the people mentioned would do a great job! If selected, I could play for any of you guys!

Back