THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Well it's official. I'm now an Albatross Club Member! Looking forward to some of the benefits of being in the club. Don't forget about me captain as a possibility to represent team NE and a special thanks to OITW for your support!

Awfully quiet in here. Glad to see new AC members. Nice to know we are close to getting a venue announced. Can't wait to find out where in NE we have to go to get our trophy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awfully quiet in here. Glad to see new AC members. Nice to know we are close to getting a venue announced. Can't wait to find out where in NE we have to go to get our trophy?

But the rest of THP is rocking. Practice threads, scoring threads, equipment threads, etc.

Very true, this place is always rockin'...but it's hard not to keep eyes on the Rivalry!

Seems to me like all the talking's been done by NJ/NY.... while #TeamNE is busy out working on our games.

In all seriousness though, I think that once the venue's announced this place will pick right back up again.

Seems to me like all the talking's been done by NJ/NY.... while #TeamNE is busy out working on our games.

In all seriousness though, I think that once the venue's announced this place will pick right back up again.
Don't worry were werkin down her in Geeersy too.

And I agree once we know where it'll get real.

Last edited:
But the rest of THP is rocking. Practice threads, scoring threads, equipment threads, etc.
Obviously

Location would be fun to talk about, also finally getting some winter weather up here in NE has many of us heading indoors for practice.

I wanted to play some cold weather golf tomorrow but don't know if it'll be possible after an inch of ice and sleet yesterday, hopefully warms up enough to clear the grass today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would love to drop the location on you.
Of course apparently courses in North East decide from the 20th to the 8th, they should not be working.
So as soon as we get a contract, we will announce.

I suppose they don't have to expect people showing up at the course to play. Though I guess I'm surprised with 12/31 being such a popular wedding date and golf courses being popular venues even during the winter.

It will be worth the wait, though!

I'm really looking forward to hearing about the venue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course apparently courses in North East decide from the 20th to the 8th, they should not be working.
Lucky it's not in NJ, or you'd have the Holiday Season Tax to worry about also. Double if there's snow on the ground.

Lucky it's not in NJ, or you'd have the Holiday Season Tax to worry about also. Double if there's snow on the ground.

And a whole lot of other reasons to not go to New Jersey. :D

And a whole lot of other reasons to not go to New Jersey. :D
Have no fear they'll get a tax from you if you pass through on the way to NE.

Actually I spent quite a bit of time in the indoor range today. Mainly working on ball stoking with the irons. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't work on some part of my game whether its weight training, swing work or putting there is always room for improvement.

images

Scarnici, I like your avatar...

Pretty sure you won't have that issue when you are choosing a Maryland course

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Not for anything, guys, but we're ass-deep in snow today.

I think a Georgia-Florida competition is better suited for late December.

Excited to see what course you guys are playing...regardless the Ny/NJ crew will be ready

Not for anything, guys, but we're ass-deep in snow today.

I think a Georgia-Florida competition is better suited for late December.

This one is slated for summer 2016.
Going to be a great time.

Went to play this past Sunday. Weather was so miserable that I left early. Feet were cold, pants were muddy and wet, made for a miserable day.

Went to play this past Sunday. Weather was so miserable that I left early. Feet were cold, pants were muddy and wet, made for a miserable day.
There is this new invention called rain gear

Announcement

Selections will take place post PGA Show.
First will come signup, that any person that wants to be a part of Regional Rivalry will do.
4 THPers from each side will be selected from that signup.
That will still leave 3 open spots. Those will be selected by the Captain from each Region.
Those selections will be based on 3 factors.
1. Are they active or are they going to be active on THP
2. See Rule #1
3. See Rule #2
4. I know we said 3 rules, but the captains are open to bribery I have been told.

I too can be bribed, or so I have been accused of. Im open to delicacies from your region, but more importantly posting on THP.
(the last part is a joke, we use a random number generator)

Announcement

Selections will take place post PGA Show.
First will come signup, that any person that wants to be a part of Regional Rivalry will do.
4 THPers from each side will be selected from that signup.
That will still leave 3 open spots. Those will be selected by the Captain from each Region.
Those selections will be based on 3 factors.
1. Are they active or are they going to be active on THP
2. See Rule #1
3. See Rule #2
4. I know we said 3 rules, but the captains are open to bribery I have been told.

I too can be bribed, or so I have been accused of. Im open to delicacies from your region, but more importantly posting on THP.
(the last part is a joke, we use a random number generator)

Now that's a heck on an announcement! I always look forward to the PGA Show and THP's phenomenal coverage, but now even more so.

Back