Star Wars VII Discussion (Spoilers)

You are also discounting the possibility of a virgin birth, like Anakin.
One theory I read was that Rey was Anakin reborn and thats why the lightsaber was calling to her. Im not sure if I can back that theory, but if she was a virgin birth, I think that would make more sense than her being Anakin reincarnated.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You are also discounting the possibility of a virgin birth, like Anakin.

I kind of hope this isn't the case - I was never a huge fan of that particular plot point in Episode I (among many others...).

I'm kind of on the side that she was a young student at the school during Kylo Ren's little rampage, and at that point either Ren wiped her memory using the Force to cover his tracks or Luke wiped her memory and deposited her on Jakku to keep her safe.

Of course I've never heard of anyone "wiping" memories using the Force in the series, but the idea is similar to the Jedi mind trick so I don't think it's too far fetched.

I kind of hope this isn't the case - I was never a huge fan of that particular plot point in Episode I (among many others...).

I'm kind of on the side that she was a young student at the school during Kylo Ren's little rampage, and at that point either Ren wiped her memory using the Force to cover his tracks or Luke wiped her memory and deposited her on Jakku to keep her safe.

Of course I've never heard of anyone "wiping" memories using the Force in the series, but the idea is similar to the Jedi mind trick so I don't think it's too far fetched.

Maybe he saved her because he knew they were related? Would make sense given Kylos struggle between the light and the far side.

Maybe he saved her because he knew they were related? Would make sense given Kylos struggle between the light and the far side.

Yeah, and then he'd have to cover it up to avoid letting on that he still has some light in him. It would also make sense because it would explain why he freaks out super hard when he finds out that Finn and BB8 escape Jakku with "a girl" who he secretly hoped would never be discovered. And why he hesitates to kill her in their fight - which gives her the chance to gain the upper hand.

Maybe Ren obliviated Rey.

Oh crap sorry, wrong franchise :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never have been a SW fan but we saw it yesterday in 3D and I was very impressed.

Storyline was good enough that even if you didn't know the history you could catch on quickly. Cinematography was amazing, just crazy impressive scenes.

#cookie, did you find the 3D distracting at all it did it add to the experience? Some I know complained that it wasn't worthwhile

#cookie, did you find the 3D distracting at all it did it add to the experience? Some I know complained that it wasn't worthwhile

I wouldn't say it added much for me, but it wasn't distracting like the older 3d movies used to be.

For me it was one of the few good 3D movies I've seen. It may have been the best one I've seen in 3D. I also *typically* really really hate 3D movies.

Added for sure. I think I noticed it more early on when I wasn't used to it.

Didn't detract from the movie at all.

Ok all I will admit I skimmed.. But to me it was kind of a rehash of all previous episodes. Kind of meh to me.

I found the 3d got lil blurry for me in the fast action scenes and the quick change over scenes. But I am older now.

Added for sure. I think I noticed it more early on when I wasn't used to it.

Didn't detract from the movie at all.

It goes to show that when you shoot a movie, if it's the right kind of movie, shooting it for 3D it can be really good. So many movies are just made in 3D cuz it's shiny and exciting when it doesn't help the movie at all. Something like Star Wars, or even some of the Star Trek movies with a lot of action 3D can be great. Fighter Jets in Space? Bring on the 3D. Re-hashed rom-com? No thanks. Please don't make me wear stupid glasses while suffering through that.

I will say the best 3d screen was the big cruiser ship stationary.. I knew I could reach out & touch it.. Dont get me wrong with previous post.. 3D can/is cool @ right times

I will say the best 3d screen was the big cruiser ship stationary.. I knew I could reach out & touch it.. Dont get me wrong with previous post.. 3D can/is cool @ right times

That was pretty cool. 3D definitely made that better. Of course computers with much more power, and better movie screens helpped.

Saw it last night with my son. His second viewing. I have to admit I expected something better but it was still good. It seemed very similar to the first three movies and that was a loooong time ago. Solo, Lea and even the ending with Luke seemed like old home week. I feel funny saying this when it was such a big part of my growing up.

Sounds like I need to find the novelization.

Does the movie stand on its own - is it worth seeing if you aren't into the intricate story line details of the entire series?

Does the movie stand on its own - is it worth seeing if you aren't into the intricate story line details of the entire series?
For me, it's probably fair to middlin. I thought it was decent, but probably wouldn't go see the next one in theatres if not for the original 3. My wife had never seen the others and thought it was pretty good, but liked the hunger games and divergent much more.

I think it would be a great movie on it's own.

I think it does :)

I like Star Wars quite a bit, but would not put myself in Fan boy status. I enjoyed the movie, and went with 3 people that had never watched any of the previous films in full (they had all seen bits of them). All 3 enjoyed the movie, and it made them want to check out the other movies.

I don't think you need to have seen any of the previous movies to enjoy it but there are plenty of nods to at least the original trilogy in it. It might actually make it more enjoyable as you won't spend the whole movie trying to figure out how every little thing is tied back to the previous movies.

My older brother is a Star Wars nerd and as soon as the movie finished he wanted to go buy tickets for the next showing.

Finally got to see the movie this morning. I gotta say, Disney did a good job. When I heard they had bought the rights, I thought here we go, Disney are gonna milk the cow dry. However, the feel of The Force Awakens definitely had the same feel as the original 3 which was great.
I was waiting for the shocking scene that every one that has seen it says the film contains. Nothing shocked me I have to admit. I was half expecting to see who Kylo Ren turned out to be. I was half expecting Luke Skywalker LOL. I didn't think the death of Han Solonwas a shock either. Harrison Ford looked old in that film, it was obvious he wasn't going to keep going, so killing him didn't surprise me.
Can't wait for the next one, and am trying to work out who Rey's parents are.
All in all, not as good as the originals, but way ahead of the last 3!!!

Finally got to see the film. I thought it was well done but expectations were low. I'm still trying to understand Kylo's motivation for turning to the dark side, which I'm assuming they will get into more in the upcoming movies. I get being influenced by the Supreme Leader, but I wasn't quite sold on the motivation to kill Han and turn on Luke and the other Jedi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back