Golf Shoe Market Share

Hmm my guess is

1. Footjoy
2. Nike
3. Adidas
4. Puma
5. Ecco

Last edited:
Blows my mind the kind of hold FJ has on the market. They really haven't factored into any of my purchasing decisions in the last five years.

I bought my first FootJoys ever in 2015. Ended up getting three of them and may not switch from them!

I'm going to guess:

FootJoy 55%
Nike 34%
Adidas 10%
Puma <1%
Ecco <1%

FJ 50
Adidas 20
Nike 15
Puma 13
Ecco 12

Yes. Very far behind.

There's that perspective thing. I see a ton of Nike around here. Could be that I look for Nike more than FJ or other brands. I got the DNAs from FJ and haven't been impressed at all

There's that perspective thing. I see a ton of Nike around here. Could be that I look for Nike more than FJ or other brands. I got the DNAs from FJ and haven't been impressed at all

So many older golfers still only wear FJ. Way back when they were one of only seemingly like 3 brands with Etonic and who knows what else.

And then add in how many courses they are at...country clubs etc. not shocked at all to see them around 50%, my guess was 45%.

Fun thread. Here is the correct order.

FootJoy
Nike
adidas Golf
ECCO
PUMA

While I cant give all of the percentages, here is a look at the 1st and 5th
FJ is around 50%
PUMA is around 4%

In the last twelve months, PUMA doubled from 2% to 4%

Shocked regarding Nike 2nd and Adidas 3rd.

Not shocked that FJ is 50%.

So many older golfers still only wear FJ. Way back when they were one of only seemingly like 3 brands with Etonic and who knows what else.

And then add in how many courses they are at...country clubs etc. not shocked at all to see them around 50%, my guess was 45%.

The 50% doesn't surprise me at all. I knew FJ was number 1. Just thought Nike might be closer, like 30-35% or so

FootJoy-33%
Nike-23%
Adidas-19%

PUMA-16%
Ecco-9%

All completely random guesses as I have no clue, since I only wear Adidas and pumas for golf shoes. Not brand loyal or anything they are just the ones I have found that I really like.

Back