Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Hearing so many good things about feel in here, in response to both my questions and JB's, which is great to hear. I liked the C100's, but they didn't feel as good to me as other similar offerings so that kind of kept me away in the end. I may have missed it in here before, but do folks feel these are more forgiving than the C100's as well, or is it similar?

I kind of felt that when hitting your brothers. Ball felt like it came off with a lot of power.

That is definitely the biggest takeaway I got from these. You just instantly know as soon as you hit it, how good you just flushed that hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the looks of these irons. Intrigued about the face and how they look at address - will be off to find a place to hit the C200 in the next few weeks.

I loved the look of these clubs, from the first pictures I saw online and in this thread. I like it when you can see new tech in a golf club. I did worry if they would be distracting from address, but all of the reviews I've read here have put those fears to rest. Can't wait to try these out at my local golf store, but it would be sweet to win a set too!

Love the looks of these irons. Intrigued about the face and how they look at address - will be off to find a place to hit the C200 in the next few weeks.

Here's a look at them down the shaft...
d674766cdc76579d6227cb7751f72918.jpg

Very excited to see how this new technology/design stacks up againts leading brands. Very intrigued.

I love the looks of the irons and would love to give them a try.

Did I read it right, the graphite are only a $100 increase for shafts, that's awesome!

That is not a bad price there. May make more people give graphite a shot.

Hearing so many good things about feel in here, in response to both my questions and JB's, which is great to hear. I liked the C100's, but they didn't feel as good to me as other similar offerings so that kind of kept me away in the end. I may have missed it in here before, but do folks feel these are more forgiving than the C100's as well, or is it similar?

Forgiveness edge to the 200. At least from my brief experience comparing the two.

Count me in...I would love a set of these Wilson Irons, From the reviews posted in here, I think they could work for me. Thanks Wilson and THP

Here's a look at them down the shaft...
d674766cdc76579d6227cb7751f72918.jpg

Great picture, looks like the slots get harder and harder to see.

I've always had this negative view of graphite in my head, but these reviews are doing a lot to change my mind....Price helps too!

That is not a bad price there. May make more people give graphite a shot.

Contest entry:

The looks of these...I think I'm okay with the slots and I believe all the reviewers who say you get used to it, so I think I would get used to it and then I could just enjoy the rest of the nice looks, like the color combo and finish. Overall, an intriguing and good looking set of sticks.

Last edited:
The look of these clubs are definitely unique and different. Seeing the look at address is pretty much the same with all other clubs, would be interesting to see if this type of look will do anything (good or bad).

have I missed the chance to enter?
He might not need it with the contest going live for a set of these beauties up for grabs!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Great picture, looks like the slots get harder and harder to see.

They really do become unnoticeable, no BS at all. As golfers we got plenty more to worry about! I sound like a broken record but the feeling you get at contact is just awesome. I love the feeling of the ball and face compressing. You get that feeling with these.

That is definitely the biggest takeaway I got from these. You just instantly know as soon as you hit it, how good you just flushed that hit.

Like you, I played RSI irons for a bit. Do you find the slots on these more distracting or not? I found them less and I thought these irons felt better.

Like you, I played RSI irons for a bit. Do you find the slots on these more distracting or not? I found them less and I thought these irons felt better.

I didn't find them distracting at all. I know my numbers in my review show my RSi's leading in yardage and a split between the two in dispersion but now I really want to get some steel shafts in these and test again because that club face feeling is addictive.

Since my KBS shafts in my RSi irons is the same ones they offer I may just pull them from a few clubs, install, and retest.

The clubs look very solid to me. I like how the clubs are clearly designed to help us but the aesthetics of the club are not excessively in that category. The red, grey, black color combination is a favorite. The slots obviously look different than what we are used to seeing but sometimes technology requires us to adjust (says the guy who commonly looks down at Turbolaters). Well done, Wilson.

I am not sure what to think about the slots all over, but I do like how the back of the club isn't "too busy". Heading down to my local golf store today to get a better look.

The power slots are what gives the C200 the most amazing sound and feel at impact. I crushed a 4 iron at #staffproto and I've never heard a sweeter sound. I kept repeating that sound. It's therapeutic. People need to get these in hand. They are a #gamechanger.

Being 100% honest... I remember telling CMedina that I thought they were hideous when we first got them.

The looks grew on me quickly and the power holes became un-noticeable.

I love the looks of these irons, based on all the reviews so far after 2 swings and seeing perfect ball flight, you don't ever notice the power holes again. And the back just continues the red/black Wilson Staff tradition.

Looks like these are landing in stores 1/15, it'll be great to hit them after all the glowing reviews from the #StaffProto participants.

These clubs look amazing, and between the FLX technology and what's been put in to these from the reviews I've seen, these clubs have the ingredients to help somebody like me with forgiveness of shots. Can't wait to see these clubs in action and hopefully somebody is using them this weekend so I can give them a swing or 2

I've been following the reviews of these irons ever since the #StaffProto guys started writing about them. Then I got a sneak peak at them a couple months ago and couldn't wait to see and hear more.

They truly are a stunning looking iron and the C category could very well stand for Confidence as well as Crossover, you just feel very confident in looking at the club at address.

Love the reviews and can't wait to try these irons. I need all the help I can get in the distance category and these seem like just the ticket!

Dude, these are crossover. Distance, feel, forgiveness, sound. The whole package.

Back