Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

• Yes

Votes: 104 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those worried about the new rule, keep in mind:

1) You only need 5 rounds to establish an initial handicap. That's not 5 rounds in a year, that's 5 rounds in your lifetime.

2) Taking out your solo rounds is unlikely to have much of any impact on your handicap if you're reporting valid scores. We're talking tenths of a point for most people.

I disagree, I'd say 90-95% of my rounds are played solo, so unless I use my 4 year old as a witness, I would get to plug in maybe a handful of rounds a year. That's not many if especially if you are playing multiple times a week. I think the HCP could be vastly skewed one way or the other when plugging in 1 of every 10 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes just renewed membership to the Golf Association Services of the Carolinas with my home courses being True Blue and Caledonia Golf and Fish Club. Member games always utilize USGA handicaps to produce "fair" matches.

No but i do have NZG handicap and our system is based off your one there.

I have both ghin and us handicap thru thp. When my ghin expires I'll most likely just use us handicap since I paid for 3 years initially

I've used the GHIN system for over 15 years.

GHIN thru The Grint for me

Yes. I renewed again through MGA as part of my league fees.

No because I live in Canada. I have an official RCGA one though

Yes, GHIN handicap for my local club.

Yup, not sure how posting scores is going to work with no more solo rounds. I play with others, but most don't have handicaps. Guess I just need to play in more tournaments.

Assuming I play in DE tourneys again this year then yeah I will have one this year

Yup, not sure how posting scores is going to work with no more solo rounds. I play with others, but most don't have handicaps. Guess I just need to play in more tournaments.
IIRC, it doesn't matter if they carry a HDCP or not. All they need to attest to is the fact that your score is legit.

Yep. I had a handicap through GameGolf, but it wasn't USGA, so I signed up for a USGA. Turns out there was only a .4 difference between the two, but I'll use my USGA handicap since I have one.

How is game golf calculated. I have been trying to figure it out and as best as I can tell it has more to do with other game golf players instead of anything to do with rating/slope?

How is game golf calculated. I have been trying to figure it out and as best as I can tell it has more to do with other game golf players instead of anything to do with rating/slope?

Honestly not sure. I bet an email to customer service would help clear it up.

If you play with others, it's not a solo round. I don't like the rule , but understand the position. We have a guy at our club that plays a lot by himself and sports a 14 cap. In competition he has no problem shooting 3 or 4 over. Hence he is quickly becoming a pariah. This rule may stop some of that but never eliminate it altogether.

I do not and don't see any reason that I would want/need one.

I've never had an actual handicap. I think this year may be the year I get one

I have had an official handicap for 2 seasons now and will continue as long as I'm a member at my current club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If you play with others, it's not a solo round. I don't like the rule , but understand the position. We have a guy at our club that plays a lot by himself and sports a 14 cap. In competition he has no problem shooting 3 or 4 over. Hence he is quickly becoming a pariah. This rule may stop some of that but never eliminate it altogether.

The clubs handicap committee has the power to adjust his handicap based on his competition results.

I don't. I have no need for one, so I don't see any reason to pay for it. I just track it on some cheap, generic app I found.

Planning on it this year. Although more than half my rounds are solo and I technically can't post them.

Back