Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

• Yes

Votes: 104 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will definitely be more difficult to keep this year as I play a lot of single rounds due to travel.

I have a CDGA (Chicago District Golf Association) handicap.

Sure do. Part of AGA and the Greater Huachuca Men's Club membership.

I did last year but I didn't play a ton and didn't enter any tourneys so idk if I'll renew.

Yes. Had one for years. Might be the last though. Not sure I need one any longer. We do skins now in its own system to stop the sandbagging and that is about all I play now where and handicap is needed. Thanks to the new USGA rule on not posting single scores, I think I'll just save the $25 and blow it on something else.

Yes I do - will be renewing the membership this year as well.

I used to but based on recent rules changes and the USGA's total lack of thought where general public golfers are concerned I am done supporting them. I think we need to start our own and create our own rules of golf. They think stopping people from posting solo rounds will keep people from sand bagging their hncp's, when there is a will there is a way.

I do, it is included in my course membership.

Yes, this was my first year ever having one. I used US Handicap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Use it for our league.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

I voted yes but it's actually RCGA here in Canada

Yes, absolutely! I keep it through my men's club at my course. I get the GHIN through the NCGA (Northern California Golf Association) and participate in the qualifiers at my home course. The best part is that for $80/year I get the handicap services as well as all the other perks the NCGA offers, including discounted rounds at the two NCGA courses, discounted rounds at dozens of other courses, discounts on hotels, amusement parks and sports ticket and member only outings to courses that I regularly don't have access to. It is worth it!

I did up till 2014 then I moved over to OOB, not as exacting as a USGA but works for me.

I've had one for several years. Don't like the new rule, but will keep going, for now.
I have a CDGA (Chicago District Golf Association) handicap.
I think I'll carry a CDGA index this year, in case I want to try and qualify as you did in 15.

I sure do. Comes with the club(s) I joined.

Voted 'NO' because I have to use RCGA which I do use every year...so I think I just skewed the numbers.

I do, of course with all the rain around here I haven't added any scores lately.

Voted yes and will continue to do so. Never had one before THP and its just another enjoyable dimension of this great game. We always talk about golf being us against the course or playing against our last score. Maintaining a handicap is just another way of doing that and keeping "score". To me it's a great measuring stick.

JM

I don't at the moment, but I can get one by renewing. If I decide to play in my league again this year I'll have to renew, but then my Thursday afternoon rounds become all practice - complete with mulligans, multiple shots, hitting out of bunkers, putting to different targets on the greens not necessarily the hole. On Thursdays, the course becomes my driving range with grass.

I've been keeping one for the last year and a half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one through my course so I can play in tourneys there and use it for handicapped events here.

I've maintained one for years. It's part of my club membership, so, it's automatically renewed.

For those worried about the new rule, keep in mind:

1) You only need 5 rounds to establish an initial handicap. That's not 5 rounds in a year, that's 5 rounds in your lifetime.

2) Taking out your solo rounds is unlikely to have much of any impact on your handicap if you're reporting valid scores. We're talking tenths of a point for most people.

For those worried about the new rule, keep in mind:

1) You only need 5 rounds to establish an initial handicap. That's not 5 rounds in a year, that's 5 rounds in your lifetime.

2) Taking out your solo rounds is unlikely to have much of any impact on your handicap if you're reporting valid scores. We're talking tenths of a point for most people.
Say what you will, but for an organization that is built by a game that thrives on integrity...seems they are ye of little faith when I post a single round. IMO it's total bullsh!t

Yes and I will continue to have one, even if I don't agree with all of their decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back