Votes: 34 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
POLL

Another thread got me wondering how many people have/will be getting a USGA handicap for 2016? Curious as to what % of THPERS do.

I sure don't. Didn't play enough last year to warrant the money. I know what I play and in the 2 years I've kept a handicap, I've gone as low as 4 and high as 12. But I always return to what I usually claim, which is 8 since it is my last official revision as of 11/1/15

i signed up for one last year so i had an official one for the Gauntlet. I like having one and will be renewing my membership this July when my year is up

I do, but I don't now why. I don't enter local tournaments, and THP events don't require one. I'm probably better off just tracking w/ GolfShot, OOB, Arccos, or Game Golf or something.

I voted yes, even though my membership expired last month. Will reup once the weather gets warmer.

I have had a Golf Association of Michigan USGA membership in the past but it literally just expired because of the new year. Will be signing up again when I get around to it.

I do, but I don't now why. I don't enter local tournaments, and THP events don't require one. I'm probably better off just tracking w/ GolfShot, OOB, Arccos, or Game Golf or something.

This is something I will look into as I will be getting a set of Arccos. Great idea!

Yes. Have for about 7 years now.

I do. It's included in my club membership. However, with the new rule of having to play with another person to record the round, I don't think it will be very accurate as i don't play with others frequently.

Have had one for years.

I had one but won't be renewing it. A) many of my rounds are solo and won't be reportable anyway, and B) 2016 is the year of #GolfIsFun for me so I'm not worrying about my handicap so don't see a need to keep one.

I'm answering yes for an official handicap. But I don't understand USGA vs GHIN vs US handicap so I could be answering incorrectly.

I said no as I don't currently. Last year (2015) was the first year I didn't keep one in about 12 years, I will have one in 2016 as soon as the season starts.

I established an official cap for the Grandaddy. I have recorded scores since but don't feel like I really need to as I don't play in any competitions that require one. I pretty much know within a stroke or two what the revision will be before it is posted.

Yes, through US Handicap (via THP) and will also have a GHIN this year for local tourneys.

Yes sir, been keeping one for last 2 years. Just need to renew for this year, but will probably wait till I can actually play golf again. I don't think sim rounds count for hdcp.

I'm answering yes for an official handicap. But I don't understand USGA vs GHIN vs US handicap so I could be answering incorrectly.

US Handicap is a site that hosts Type III clubs for people to join and have an official USGA handicap.

GHIN is IIRC, the USGA network to calculate handicaps. So essentially all of those three result in an official USGS sanctioned handicap. Though I reserve the right to be wrong.

Yes I do.

Have had it for 4 years.

I have one but with the new USGA rule that came out about score's not counting ... I wonder whether it's really worth it or not.

I need to but have been using my free site

Sure do.

Yep. I had a handicap through GameGolf, but it wasn't USGA, so I signed up for a USGA. Turns out there was only a .4 difference between the two, but I'll use my USGA handicap since I have one.

Yes I do.

Back