The Official 2016 MLB Thread

Nice to see Gordon going back to KC. Sounds like the money he and Cespedes were seeking isn't out there and why not go back to KC for another run and 4/$70 is nothing to sneeze at

The Royals are holding a press conference to announce the worst kept secret of the day.

The Twins will be in trouble again in 2016.

There have some been huge deals this offseason across the league. Some GM's need to watch Moneyball again....
How many World Series did the As win again?

Saw that too. Not as much as he wanted, but it looked like interest was slacking off some too?

I think management had to do what they could to keep him here without breaking the bank too bad and I think they did it. The fans really wanted him here. Four years is a good contract and they kind of owed him something since he signed his last deal for less than he could have gotten elsewhere.

Not too often these days where a player stays with one team his whole career and this deal could make that happen for Gordon.

I don't know if interest was slacking off, I think he was shooting for the moon, and there are a massive surplus of OF'ers this year in the FA market. I think honestly you will probably see a couple of the bigger name guys take 1 year deals like Nelson Cruz did, and wait for the market to improve next year.

yup the 4/70 is what I've seen too.

You ready for HOF announcements today? One of my favorite days of the off season.

Lou Whittaker and Alan Trammel should be HOF'ers.

They both have the longevity and better #'s than many that are in...

Longevity doesn't make you a HOF'er. As much as I dislike the process, I think the committee usually gets it right. The whole PED/Steroid thing is tough for me, but playing 20 years and having above average stats like Trammel doesn't mean you are a hall of famer. He was a good player, but not HOF in my book based on numbers.

Longevity doesn't make you a HOF'er. As much as I dislike the process, I think the committee usually gets it right. The whole PED/Steroid thing is tough for me, but playing 20 years and having above average stats like Trammel doesn't mean you are a hall of famer. He was a good player, but not HOF in my book based on numbers.

Better numbers than Ozzie Smith...

Ozzie Smith is probably the best defensive shortstop of all time. Trammel's offensive numbers aren't that much better honestly. As a complete player I think Ozzie was the better one, although I am certainly a bit biased.

If you take their career stats this is an average 162 game season for each of them.

GPAABRH2B3BHRRBISBCSBBSOBAOBPSLGOPSOPS+TB
Trammel16266258687167294137117860620.2850.3520.4150.767110243
Smith1626795927915525425037967370.2620.3370.3280.66687194

Griffey and Piazza are in. Griffey named on all but 3 ballots. Breaks Seaver's mark for highest percentage.

Bagwell 15 votes shy 71%
Raines at 69.8%

For CJ: Allan Trammel gets 40.9%

Griffey and Piazza are in. Griffey named on all but 3 ballots. Breaks Seaver's mark for highest percentage.
Like to know who those 3 dummies are

Those 2 get in next year. Edmonds one and done. Ouch.
I get that you like him but I have to admit I immediately thought about your line re the committee usually getting it right.

I get that you like him but I have to admit I immediately thought about your line re the committee usually getting it right.

I don't think he would ever get in but I figured he would get more votes. His numbers are very impressive for his position

So ridiculous that Griffey isn't unanimous. Shame on the three that didn't vote for him.

sometimes it's a game. Vote for someone else because you know he isn't going to need your vote to get in. I bet that's what happened.

sometimes it's a game. Vote for someone else because you know he isn't going to need your vote to get in. I bet that's what happened.
Or someone wanted to be the one A-hole to leave him off than realized 2 other morons did the same thing

And sometimes a player has a run in with a writer who's a voter and that writer never forgets. Not saying that's what happened here, but it could be.

And sometimes a player has a run in with a writer who's a voter and that writer never forgets. Not saying that's what happened here, but it could be.
Yeah could be. It doesn't matter to me, I knew and believe he should have higher percent than anyone. Loved watching him play growing up

I would bet that the three are old timers that come out and say they left him off because of "tradition" or some garbage.

There will never be a swing as pretty as Griffey again. Tried to mimic that swung so many times

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I am on the same page as you CJ. Also Jeff Kent was a better 2b than alomar but is way down the ballot in votes recv'd. How Edgar Martinez and Trevor Hoffman aren't in either is shocking. Billy Wagner should be a lot higher than what he got.

time for the hall to change up the process and time for BBWAA need to come off their high horses

Catching up...hate these writers play games when it comes to voting the kid should be 100% unanimous

Catching up...hate these writers play games when it comes to voting the kid should be 100% unanimous

How was he only MVP once in his career? That's crazy

Back